PDA

View Full Version : 2-Runs per game

voodoochile
08-06-2004, 01:38 PM
That's what Frank and Maggs are worth to the offense on average. Read that stat again... 2-runs per game.

Everett gives them back close to 1-run per game - when healthy. Alomar won't make that big a difference over the guy he replaces.

Go ahead, blame KW. Blame Manos. Blame Lee or Uribe or Mike Jackson. Blame it on the Miles trade. Blame it on the Wells Trade. Blame it on the loss of the 8 stiffs they gave up for Everett and Alomar these past two seasons. Blame it on JR. Blame it on the fans. Blame it on Fate.

In reality, there is very little blame to go around. 2-runs per game... at least see it for what it is - a devastating blow to ANY team in the majors...

Will the Sox bounce back? Who knows? That's why they play the games.

And when in doubt, just remember, the journey IS the destination... :bandance:

GO SOX!

MRKARNO
08-06-2004, 01:50 PM
That right there is the difference between four straight one run losses and four straight one run victories. Really disheartening, isn't it?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-06-2004, 01:52 PM
And when in doubt, just remember, the journey IS the destination... :bandance:

GO SOX!
I'm a Sox Fan. I didn't realize there *was* a destination.

:)

RKMeibalane
08-06-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm a Sox Fan. I didn't realize there *was* a destination.

:)
:reinsy

"Of course there is: the elusive Point C."

Gimm
08-06-2004, 01:57 PM
That's what Frank and Maggs are worth to the offense on average. Read that stat again... 2-runs per game.

Everett gives them back close to 1-run per game - when healthy.

Huh? Everett has a 680 OPS while with the Sox. Not only does he NOT give us that 1 run back, he expands the deficit to 3 runs by his sheer uselessness in the 5-spot.

:bandance: indeed.