PDA

View Full Version : The first step of healing is...

GASHWOUND
10-01-2001, 06:58 PM
To reveal you have a problem. Thats what Howry has done. It seems that some Sox fans have given him an unfavorable nickname..Gascan is it? I think even posters from this MB have even called him that! But Howry admits he sucked this year and will do everything in his power to change the views of people. Like what was said in the DST...

Needing the offseason
Sox reliever Bob Howry hasn't been "right" all season.
After undergoing shoulder surgery last Oct. 12, the right-hander has struggled with his velocity and consistency.
Entering Sunday, Howry was 4-5 with a 4.56 ERA, and had allowed 10 home runs in 77 innings.
Last season Howry was 2-4 with a 3.17 ERA, having allowed six homers in 71 innings.
"I just want to get right," Howry said. "I want to show people that I'm a lot better pitcher than what I've been this year. If using the offseason to get a long rest is what will help me, then I welcome that. I'll do anything at this point."
"It usually takes a pitcher a full year to recover," Manuel said. "I think Bob will be a much more consistent pitcher next season."

Thats what I've been saying all along. The TRUE Bob Howry will show himself next season and people will just have to give him a new nickname....
'THE FIRE ESTIGUISHER'
I like the sound of that..

GASHWOUND
President and founder of the Bob Howry and Royce Clayton fan club..
Members-3
:)

CerberusWG
10-01-2001, 07:00 PM
He's still good ol' GasCan to me.

FarWestChicago
10-01-2001, 07:12 PM
The TRUE Bob Howry will show himself next season and people will just have to give him a new nickname.... Well, his nickname last season was Bob "I've never met a man I couldn't walk" Howry. So his name got shorter when it became "Gascan" Howry. That's about the only good thing I can think of. I would love to see Bob "Wet Blanket" Howry. "Fire Extinguisher" would be wonderful. You'll have to pardon me if I don't hold my breath, though...

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I would love to see Bob "Wet Blanket" Howry. "Fire Extinguisher" would be wonderful.

The Sox need him to comeback strong next year. If he can get his act together and be Keith's setup man things will be looking good.