PDA

View Full Version : The determining factor

lowesox
08-06-2004, 11:05 AM
...on how much longer I hold my breath with this team is going to come over the next three days. Minnesota is in tough, for once, playing Oakland. We've got Cleveland, which isn't a walk in the park, but a team we can definitely beat. Now, 6 games back, I think we need to take 2 out of 3 and have Oakland do the same.

We still have a few head 2 head games with the Twins so we only need to cover 3-4 games playing against other teams.

Keep something in mind guys, we fell behind in the standings like this over a very short amount of games - that's all momentum. And we don't have ANY right now. But Minnesota definitely still has one good losing streak in them. We've gotta stay on their doorstep until then.

The Sox are notorious for this. Digging a deep grave, quitting on themselves, then making a final charge that's just a little short. Then we look back and think, if only we hadn't quit on those couple of games we would've won this.

PorkChopExpress
08-06-2004, 11:09 AM
We've gotta stay on their doorstep until then.

We need to get to their doorstep. Right now we're on the corner of their block trying to figure out which house they're in.

SoxxoS
The Sox got 10 more games. If they go 7-3 or better, they are still in it. Anything less is the patented "Wait til next year."

And on a great note, the Cubs are leading the Wild Card:
:chunks

I don't know if I can take another 2003 again.

CHISOXFAN13
...on how much longer I hold my breath with this team is going to come over the next three days. Minnesota is in tough, for once, playing Oakland. We've got Cleveland, which isn't a walk in the park, but a team we can definitely beat. Now, 6 games back, I think we need to take 2 out of 3 and have Oakland do the same.

We still have a few head 2 head games with the Twins so we only need to cover 3-4 games playing against other teams.

Keep something in mind guys, we fell behind in the standings like this over a very short amount of games - that's all momentum. And we don't have ANY right now. But Minnesota definitely still has one good losing streak in them. We've gotta stay on their doorstep until then.

The Sox are notorious for this. Digging a deep grave, quitting on themselves, then making a final charge that's just a little short. Then we look back and think, if only we hadn't quit on those couple of games we would've won this.

Minnesota has had it tough the last six days, playing Boston and Anaheim. We've still managed to lose ground while playing KC and Detroit.

I wouldn't hold your breath too long waiting for the axe to fall in Minny.

ChiSoxBobette
08-06-2004, 01:25 PM

Every time I hear someone say the twinkies are going to go through a losing spell because they're supposed to be playing tougher teams than us they beat the red sox 2 of 3, we lose 3 of 4 to the tigers, they beat the angels 2 of 3 , we lose 2 of 3 to the royals. Bad karma man.