PDA

View Full Version : Scouting Dominican Republic

ballclub3
08-06-2004, 02:57 AM
Why are the White Sox so weak at scouting talent in the Dominican Republic and elsewhere in Latin America? The D.R. sends more players to the big leagues than any other Latin American country, perhaps more players than the rest of Latin America combined. All the Sox have produced recently is Arnie Munoz from the D.R. and I don't even know who the last entirely homegrown D.R. product was from this organization before Munoz. Does this club need to do a better job of finding talent in the D.R. and Latin America in general?

MRKARNO
08-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Well we did a pretty good job in Panama (Carlos Lee) and in Venezuela (Magglio Ordonez)

bafiarocks03
08-06-2004, 02:01 PM
D'Angelo Jimenez is from the Dominican Republic!!!!

Daver
08-06-2004, 03:36 PM
Why are the White Sox so weak at scouting talent in the Dominican Republic and elsewhere in Latin America? The D.R. sends more players to the big leagues than any other Latin American country, perhaps more players than the rest of Latin America combined. All the Sox have produced recently is Arnie Munoz from the D.R. and I don't even know who the last entirely homegrown D.R. product was from this organization before Munoz. Does this club need to do a better job of finding talent in the D.R. and Latin America in general?
They don't spend the money other clubs do to scout down there, they use their scouting budget more on american players.

gosox41
08-06-2004, 04:18 PM
They don't spend the money other clubs do to scout down there, they use their scouting budget more on american players.
Seeing as how the Sox farm system hasn't drafted and produced any positive impact players on this team since about 2000 I would say it's time for a change.

Aren't Dominican's undraftable. Why not go down there. There is obviously good potential down there.

Bob

Daver
08-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Seeing as how the Sox farm system hasn't drafted and produced any positive impact players on this team since about 2000 I would say it's time for a change.

Aren't Dominican's undraftable. Why not go down there. There is obviously good potential down there.

Bob
You and I do not make the scouting budget.