PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Rowand...

SomebodyToldMe
08-06-2004, 03:51 AM
ok...rowand is by far the hottest hitter on the team and he has been ever since he's been in that leadoff spot...but now with alomar coming (again!), is he going to take over leadoff duties?

are we honestly going to move our hottest hitter to make way for bob-o?

if so, i don't like it...

but of course i'm just a poser here on WSI...what do i know...

Mohoney
08-06-2004, 03:55 AM
ok...rowand is by far the hottest hitter on the team and he has been ever since he's been in that leadoff spot...but now with alomar coming (again!), is he going to take over leadoff duties?

I would hope that Robbie bats 2nd. That way, when Aaron gets a leadoff double, we can actually move him over to 3rd. However, someone will need to explain the concept of a sacrifice fly to Carlos Lee before we can reap any rewards from this plan.

I love Carlos, but he's killing me with those runner on 3rd with less than 2 out situations. The whole team is.

WhiteSoxFan84
08-06-2004, 04:01 AM
I heard Alomar might DH, and I doubt he will be leading off. He doesn't hit as well anymore, don't be surprised if he hits 7th or 8th sometimes. Ozzie doesn't care much about where you were in the lineup last year. I think the 2 hole fits him best. Which player with speed better suits that spot than Robbie? Not Willie, not Uribe, maybe Valentin, maybe Perez (where would he play?)

Mohoney
08-06-2004, 04:04 AM
I heard Alomar might DH, and I doubt he will be leading off. He doesn't hit as well anymore, don't be surprised if he hits 7th or 8th sometimes. Ozzie doesn't care much about where you were in the lineup last year. I think the 2 hole fits him best. Which player with speed better suits that spot than Robbie? Not Willie, not Uribe, maybe Valentin, maybe Perez (where would he play?)

If I see Valentin bat 2nd one more time, well, I won't do anything, but I will be righteously pissed off.

joeynach
08-06-2004, 10:04 AM

It doesn't matter which guy hits 1st or 2nd. They are both fit for both positions. Rowand even said he sees himself more as a #2 guy. However alomar is a better bunter. So i really dont think its that big of a deal. I would love to see alomar take over at 2nd and wille back in center. I would love a 9, 1, 2 punch of willie, robbie, rowand.