PDA

View Full Version : Our long national nightmare continues

Viva Magglio
08-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Just as we're going down the drain to finish below the .500-mark, the salt on the open wound continues to occur with the Evil Empire and all their drillrod followers basking in the glow of victory. We are havng to relive our worst nightmare for the second year in a row. What the hell did we do to deserve this?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-05-2004, 11:45 PM
WE as sox fans didnt do anything to deserve this. I mean..we cheered our team right! We went to games! Watched our own! Cheered them on! Why does it have to be this way?:whiner:
Well its not only that were loosing..but the scrubs are in second place and 1 for the WC. All the cubs fans i know are bragging in my face. We cant even go the bears for a distraction! nooooooo!

- A sad post by CFAD

skobabe8
08-05-2004, 11:48 PM
BASEBALL GODS:

WHERE ARE YOU????????

:?: :angry: :whiner: :?: :angry: :whiner:

OurBitchinMinny
08-06-2004, 12:08 AM
**** cub fans. The NL is absurdly weak outside the cards and maybe dodgers. The AL is way better. nothing we can do about it except lower the ratings for the postseason by not watching

Gimm
08-06-2004, 12:56 AM
What the hell did we do to deserve this?
WSI die-hards aside....THIS is what we did to deserve this:

2001 - 1.7
2002 - 1.6
2003 - 1.9

Mediocre revenue = mediocre payroll = mediocre talent = mediocre results = stage is set for the Cubs to finish us off with a World Series title.

Does that answer your rhetorical question, Viva?

doublem23
08-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Maybe we bitch about everything too much?

Anyway, they're riding a high. Wow, the Rockies. They're bound to collapse.

Baby Fisk
08-06-2004, 09:35 AM

Anyway, they're riding a high. Wow, the Rockies. They're bound to collapse.You mean like the Sox did against the Royals? THIS SUX! :whiner:

harwar
08-06-2004, 10:05 AM
BASEBALL GODS:

WHERE ARE YOU????????

I think the baseball gods tried to step in last night when the lights kept failing at kaufman field and made their pitcher get up & sit down a few times.But,alas,the rally came up short because the only guys who have been hitting at all(lee,konerko,&rowand)were the only ones who couldn't get on base.
I know the season is over for us but what really worries me is that is don't see ANYTHING to be optimistic about next year.
I guess we should have totally rebuilt like the indians did because they are just going to keep getting better every year while we continue to wallow in our own ****.
BIG ****ING BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaulDrake
08-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Just as we're going down the drain to finish below the .500-mark, the salt on the open wound continues to occur with the Evil Empire and all their drillrod followers basking in the glow of victory. We are havng to relive our worst nightmare for the second year in a row. What the hell did we do to deserve this? It seems like an eternity since I jumped out of my favorite chair to celebrate Credes walkoff homer against the Tigers. What a nightmare since then.

THE_HOOTER
08-06-2004, 11:05 AM

Anyway, they're riding a high. Wow, the Rockies. They're bound to collapse.
I am not happy about this either, but what tells you they are bound to collapse?

The only shortcoming the Cubs have is their bullpen.

Come playoff time, that will probably be their downfall, but as far as lineup,and starting pitching they are as solid as anyone.

balke
08-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Wow, I'm going to have to hire a bodyguard after saying this, but I'm actually kinda excited to see a Cards-Cubs showdown in the NL playoffs this year. WIth the team the flubs had before, I didn't care, but Nomar adds a whole new energy to that team, and makes the cubs actual contenders against the cards.

It burns my heart to say it, but those are two good teams, with some of the greatest players in the game. That's going to be an intense rivalry, and I'll be glued to the T.V. set that entire Series. (rooting for the cards of course).

This is much like how I'd like to see the sox win the wild card and have a showdown with the Twins, or the same for the BoSox and yanks, if the Twins can't make it.. heh.

Flight #24
08-06-2004, 01:31 PM
What hurts the most is that 4 weeks ago it looked like not only were the Sox looking very strong to make and go deep into the playoffs, but that the Cubs were collapsing under the weight of expectations and not only wold miss the playoffs, but given the expectation levels they'd be HUGE disappointments.

Now the situation is reversed, and through dumb bad luck with injury, the Sox are falling apart after having high expectations, and the Cubs look like they'll make the playoffs and given their team be a real threat.

That's going to amke any previous media bias look like it was tilted towards the South Side.

Ouch.

JB98
08-06-2004, 02:01 PM
BASEBALL GODS:

WHERE ARE YOU????????

:?: :angry: :whiner: :?: :angry: :whiner:
I'm not a religious man. I just take the combination of the Cubs success and the Sox failure as proof positive that God hates me. :(:

Gimm
08-06-2004, 02:11 PM
What hurts the most is that 4 weeks ago it looked like not only were the Sox looking very strong to make and go deep into the playoffs, but that the Cubs were collapsing under the weight of expectations and not only wold miss the playoffs, but given the expectation levels they'd be HUGE disappointments.

Nope.

Anybody who knows anything about baseball knew all along that as soon as the Cubs team could get healthy and Hendry makes a deadline acquisition, they would start dominating people. Waaay too much talent on the North Side to be intimidated by the likes of Padres and Giants.

As Sox fans, our only hope was that Prior's ligament was damaged when he left that game a few weeks back - loss of Prior not only puts Rusch back into rotation, but it damages the morale of the team. Then, Kerry Wood had to go on DL and Sammy Sosa re-aggravate his ailing back, also ending up on DL......Team would have slumped further and Hendry wouldn't have even bothered going after Nomar.

Unfortunately, they did NOT lose Prior, Wood, Sosa in the last few weeks, and Nomar is here, providing excellent protection for Patterson who's now 7 for 17 since the trade in the lead-off spot if anything else. Cubs are ready to take off in the WC race and not look back, which is a shame.

Flight #24
08-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Nope.

Anybody who knows anything about baseball knew all along that as soon as the Cubs team could get healthy and Hendry makes a deadline acquisition, they would start dominating people. Waaay too much talent on the North Side to be intimidated by the likes of Padres and Giants.

As Sox fans, our only hope was that Prior's ligament was damaged when he left that game a few weeks back - loss of Prior not only puts Rusch back into rotation, but it damages the morale of the team. Then, Kerry Wood had to go on DL and Sammy Sosa re-aggravate his ailing back, also ending up on DL......Team would have slumped further and Hendry wouldn't have even bothered going after Nomar.

Unfortunately, they did NOT lose Prior, Wood, Sosa in the last few weeks, and Nomar is here, providing excellent protection for Patterson who's now 7 for 17 since the trade in the lead-off spot if anything else. Cubs are ready to take off in the WC race and not look back, which is a shame.
Lots of talent, yes. but I don't think there was another acquisition out there like Nomar. I think mentally, that really galvanized them and possibly demoralized their opponents in the WC race. Getting Nomar without giving up Clement was huge.

John Barrett
08-06-2004, 03:52 PM
nothing proved this to me more than last year. i was on the ledge until my buddy said .. "don't worry something will happen" then along came Bartmen!!

with that said.. what will the down fall(can't blame the team) the flub fans will use as an excuse this year?? I predict that they will have to close Wrigley and play a playoff series ( the NLCS) in sox park and a sammy fly ball that would have been out in wrigley will be caught at the wall in game 7 for a series loss.... start the whining now !!!