PDA

View Full Version : Sign this guy right freaking now!

Iguana775
08-05-2004, 10:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-cuba-morales&prov=ap&type=lgns

Get on the phone KW.

skobabe8
08-05-2004, 10:33 PM
It sure as hell couldn't hurt. Get him on the horn, Contreras!!

OurBitchinMinny
08-05-2004, 11:07 PM
What are the odds he is in pinstripes or in fenway next season? thats where he is going. Not to mentionthe sox are too damn cheap

VeeckAsInWreck
08-05-2004, 11:29 PM
What are the odds he is in pinstripes or in fenway next season? thats where he is going. Not to mentionthe sox are too damn cheap
He'll be in a White Sox uniform.........5 years from now after he has caved in to the pressure of playing in the Bronx! :D:

Vernam
08-05-2004, 11:45 PM
The key question: Can we have use of the boat to send several current Sox to Cuba? :redneck

Vernam

South Side
08-05-2004, 11:58 PM
The key question: Can we have use of the boat to send several current Sox to Cuba? :redneck

Vernam
Can I begin the list of who needs to go?
1. Jose Valentin
2. Willie Harris
3. Joe Borchard
4. Scott Schoenweiss
5. Jon Garland

1,2, and 5 will be eligible to come back when they get their asses in gear. 3. and 4. need to have their U.S. citizenship taken away to guarentee that they will never play in a Sox uniform again.

jordan23ventura
08-06-2004, 12:20 AM
We were going to sign this guy, but Steinbrenner is already on the phone.

"Torre - put on a sombrero and dance for the man! We need to get this Cuban guy! And next year, we'll have Varitek as a bullpen catcher and, while we're at it, we need an all-star to man the hotdog cart! What's Darryl Strawberry doing these days, anyway?"

oldcomiskey
08-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Can I begin the list of who needs to go?
1. Jose Valentin
2. Willie Harris
3. Joe Borchard
4. Scott Schoenweiss
5. Jon Garland

1,2, and 5 will be eligible to come back when they get their asses in gear. 3. and 4. need to have their U.S. citizenship taken away to guarentee that they will never play in a Sox uniform again.
so youre a Miguel Olivo fan who don't like Valentin--nothing more need be said--

JDP
08-06-2004, 08:45 AM

"Torre - put on a sombrero and dance for the man! We need to get this Cuban guy! And next year, we'll have Varitek as a bullpen catcher and, while we're at it, we need an all-star to man the hotdog cart! What's Darryl Strawberry doing these days, anyway?"
What exactly is the connection between a sombrero and Cuba?

JohnBasedowYoda
08-06-2004, 09:07 AM
What exactly is the connection between a sombrero and Cuba?
let's at least get a few cigars off this guy

fledgedrallycap
08-06-2004, 09:10 AM
As Lou Brown once said: "Get him a uniform"

Iguana775
08-06-2004, 09:27 AM
let's at least get a few cigars off this guy
That's what I'm talking about!! Stoggies all around!! :)

JDP
08-06-2004, 09:40 AM
As Lou Brown once said: "Get him a uniform"
Ha, I can still hear James Gammons' distinct voice when he says that line

Foulke29
08-06-2004, 09:41 AM

LOL.

"And while you're at it, let's get Barry Bonds. Tell him that if he wants a ring, we're the thing - the DH will extend his career and he could be our bench coach, and really whether he plays for us or not, he should wear a Yankees cap into the Hall of Fame."

"And right after that, go and grab that Soriano kid and bring him back. Didn't he get the most All Star votes. We can't have that."

-Steinbrenner on baseball circa 2004

SoxxoS
08-06-2004, 09:44 AM
:reinsy

"Do I get him duty-free?"

JDP
08-06-2004, 09:47 AM
:reinsy

"Do I get him duty-free?"
I can see Jerry shelling out 1,000,000 ... Cuban Pesos (CUPs). Maybe Morales won't know that's only $47,619?

he_gone_89
08-06-2004, 01:49 PM
I can see Jerry shelling out 1,000,000 ... Cuban Pesos (CUPs). Maybe Morales won't know that's only $47,619?
don't players that live out of the country in the offseason get part or maybe half of their cash in whatever currency of their country like in the NHL??

HomerCoach
08-06-2004, 02:39 PM
been almost 16 hours since your post, is he signed yet? Come on KW, Ozzie, JC! Git er Done.

South Side
08-06-2004, 11:54 PM
so youre a Miguel Olivo fan who don't like Valentin--nothing more need be said--
Unfortunately, I didn't understand that... forgive. And I am too lazy to change my sign. I was a Miguel Olivo fan on June 27th... and I still like him but I haven't really been following him and I don't regret the trade. With that said, I don't know what that has to do with my disliking the way Valentin is playing...

oldcomiskey
08-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Unfortunately, I didn't understand that... forgive. And I am too lazy to change my sign. I was a Miguel Olivo fan on June 27th... and I still like him but I haven't really been following him and I don't regret the trade. With that said, I don't know what that has to do with my disliking the way Valentin is playing...

dont mind me--I was being a smartass--and since I aint figured how what color is teal..........

BigEdWalsh
08-07-2004, 05:37 PM
dont mind me--I was being a smartass--and since I aint figured how what color is teal..........
I'll give you a clue, it's not this!