PDA

View Full Version : CBS4 Boston reports Nomar was hurt playing soccer

Fenway
08-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Just now (6 PM news) on CBS4 WBZ-TV Bob Lobel said that sources tell him Nomar injured his achillies while playing soccer in the offseason.

If he had a clause like Aaron Boone this could get ugly

RKMeibalane
08-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Did his wife kick him in the balls or something?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :D:

Seriously, though, this could have huge repercussions for the Cubs if MLB decides to take action against Nomar. We've already seen what happened with Aaron Boone and Jeff Kent. This situation with Normar and his achillies could get a lot worse.

Evil never prospers!

FanOf14
08-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Pardon my lack of knowledge in this area, but what could happen? :?:

RKMeibalane
08-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Pardon my lack of knowledge in this area, but what could happen? :?:
A number of professional athletes have clauses in their contracts that prohibit them from playing other sports in their spare time. If an athlete is injured while playing another sport, it is possible that his contract would be terminated. In other cases, some athletes have been suspended or taken pay-cuts.

FanOf14
08-05-2004, 06:45 PM
A number of professional athletes have clauses in their contracts that prohibit them from playing other sports in their spare time. If an athlete is injured while playing another sport, it is possible that his contract would be terminated. In other cases, some athletes have been suspended or taken pay-cuts.
Thanks for the info! :smile:

joeynach
08-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Just now (6 PM news) on CBS4 WBZ-TV Bob Lobel said that sources tell him Nomar injured his achillies while playing soccer in the offseason.

If he had a clause like Aaron Boone this could get ugly
This is why i hate the cubs. There is much scandal and crap that always surround them, and its always non team oriented. Seriously there is so much hush hush and voer this up and keep this quiet from this organazation and it all has to do with political crap and not with playing ball. From the cork thing, to the ticket scalp fraud, the murder outside the stadium, the conrete falling at wrigley, the nomar fiasco, the media ban, chip and steve ban from plane, zambron's tirade against st. louis, fighting with the rooftop owners and city, blah blah.....! My god is this a team or a governing body with all the scandal and drama. I cant stand them. At least when my team has problems its with perforamce on the field and in house (player) stuff. They cubs are the yankess of the NL, the true evil empire.