PDA

View Full Version : Diaz to be called back up by weekend?

cheeses_h_rice
08-05-2004, 04:44 PM
The Score mentioned this on one of their updates today.

I'm guessing Diaz becomes #5, SS goes to the pen, and the Sox finally come to their senses and outright release Mike Jackson.

bigdommer
08-05-2004, 05:10 PM
The Score mentioned this on one of their updates today.

I'm guessing Diaz becomes #5, SS goes to the pen, and the Sox finally come to their senses and outright release Mike Jackson.
Why don't we give SS another start to see what he can do?

Any scenario releasing Mike Jackson sounds good to me.

steff
08-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I see no reason to bring him up. No sense in scarring another minor league head. It took him a month to get back into the groove after the last trip here. Deal with the crap we have now... and pray.

cheeses_h_rice
08-05-2004, 05:23 PM
I see no reason to bring him up. No sense in scarring another minor league head. It took him a month to get back into the groove after the last trip here. Deal with the crap we have now... and pray.
I don't think the season is over yet, so giving ourselves the best chance we have makes sense. Really, the Sox have nothing to lose at this point...

steff
08-05-2004, 05:24 PM
I don't think the season is over yet, so giving ourselves the best chance we have makes sense. Really, the Sox have nothing to lose at this point...

I don't either.. and maybe the trading isn't either... :rolleyes: Leave Diaz alone is my vote.

MONEYBALL21
08-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Its not time to kick Shoew out yet, but come september if they're out of it....they gotta start Diaz and Cotts and see what they can do.

Iguana775
08-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Why don't we give SS another start to see what he can do?

Any scenario releasing Mike Jackson sounds good to me.
Let's just give MJ a shot at starting!!

Huisj
08-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Let's just give MJ a shot at starting!!

Calling Mike Jackson MJ just doesn't work in my head. I always think Michael Jordan. The two initial nicknames work better for basketball anyway.

A more fitting nickname, since a few baseball nicknames have the form of the first initial and the first part of the last name, is MJack, because mostly all he does is give up jacks anyway. his game is in his name.

cheeses_h_rice
08-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Calling Mike Jackson MJ just doesn't work in my head. I always think Michael Jordan. The two initial nicknames work better for basketball anyway.

A more fitting nickname, since a few baseball nicknames have the form of the first initial and the first part of the last name, is MJack, because mostly all he does is give up jacks anyway. his game is in his name.
Let's just call him POS and call it a day...

:gulp:

Huisj
08-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Let's just call him POS and call it a day...

:gulp:
that works too, but those letters aren't in his name. i don't get it. :?:

harwar
08-05-2004, 05:43 PM
What the hey,its getting around that time of year where teams used to bring up the young talent and see what they have.Now-a-days it seems the young ones learn in the bigs with on the job trading.
Also the "deal with what we have now..and pray" line sums up this whole bloody season.

SoxxoS
08-05-2004, 05:46 PM
I might be the only one, but I was 100% unimpressed with Diaz's stuff when I saw him pitch. Completely underwhelming...I am amazed he has had so much success at AAA in a bandbox...

Maybe he is holding something back when he comes up here?:?: