PDA

View Full Version : Loaiza

DoggPhood
08-05-2004, 03:37 PM
I was just watching the A's/Yankees on ESPN, and the announcers made a special point of saying that Loaiza wanted to refute what the announcers said last night, and that he was very happy in Chicago and liked the city and the fans.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-05-2004, 03:39 PM
wow..just..wow

Uncle_Patrick
08-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Loiza has got no reason to complain, anyway. The Sox rescued this guy when no one wanted him last year. He had a great year, and this year he was just not cutting it. The last few games, that guy could not hold a lead at all. I liked Loiza, I really was hoping he'd turn it around, but it just was looking more and more like 2003 was fluke.

JB98
08-05-2004, 03:48 PM
I was just watching the A's/Yankees on ESPN, and the announcers made a special point of saying that Loaiza wanted to refute what the announcers said last night, and that he was very happy in Chicago and liked the city and the fans.
I heard this same thing and was logging on to post it, but you beat me to it. Loaiza's comments about lack of run support in Chicago were unfortunate, but I'm pleased he was willing to stand up to the ESPN morons and set the record straight with regard to his feelings about Chicago. I get sick of this media notion that the South Side of Chicago is a bad place to play. It's just ridiculous.

npdempse
08-05-2004, 03:58 PM
I heard this same thing and was logging on to post it, but you beat me to it. Loaiza's comments about lack of run support in Chicago were unfortunate, but I'm pleased he was willing to stand up to the ESPN morons and set the record straight with regard to his feelings about Chicago. I get sick of this media notion that the South Side of Chicago is a bad place to play. It's just ridiculous.
This was Berman again, wasn't it. POS.

samram
08-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Agreed. When Brantley said he thought his struggles were due to unhappiness, I was pretty confused because the Sox basically gave him an opportunity last year to make a comeback. I think it was an assumption on Brantley's part that anyone not playing for the Yanks, Cubs, or Red Sox is not happy.

Foulke You
08-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Agreed. When Brantley said he thought his struggles were due to unhappiness, I was pretty confused because the Sox basically gave him an opportunity last year to make a comeback. I think it was an assumption on Brantley's part that anyone not playing for the Yanks, Cubs, or Red Sox is not happy.
Can you explain what the ESPN guys said? I missed this story. They thought Loaiza was sucking because he was unhappy on the White Sox? Figures. Of course, now that he is on the Yankees, that cutter of his is going to start working like the 2003 season! Won't they be surprised when he gets lit up like he was for us?

steff
08-05-2004, 05:17 PM
I saw and talked to him Saturday night and he took the time to make sure he said good-bye to all the fans at the hotel and all the players. I don't buy one bit that he said he didn't like it here. Not one bit.

MONEYBALL21
08-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Yep it was Berman and the only man on ESPN dumber than John Krunk.....Jeff Brantley

harwar
08-05-2004, 05:24 PM
For whatever reason,chris berman and jeff brantley never fail to rip the White Sox whenever the subject comes up.
Other than Gammons remark last year that the White Sox should be contracted i don't have a problem with anyone else who kneel and worship towards Bristol several times a day.

samram
08-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Can you explain what the ESPN guys said? I missed this story. They thought Loaiza was sucking because he was unhappy on the White Sox? Figures. Of course, now that he is on the Yankees, that cutter of his is going to start working like the 2003 season! Won't they be surprised when he gets lit up like he was for us?
Basically, Brantley said (this is last night) that he didn't think Loaiza's ERA would stay up around 4.86 as he played with the Yankees, and said that he believed his unhappiness in Chicago lead to his subpar performance thus far. He kept talking about his apparent unhappiness (even though he offered no reason for it, nor did he say the ELo told him he was unhappy) for the first three or four innings as ELo threw the ball well. My guess is that he hasn't watched any Sox games started by ELo this year, so he wouldn't know that ELo has been fine in the first few innings most of the year, and then starts getting hit around the fifth. I'm not sure what he said while the A's started pounding him, but I heard he and Harold Reynolds on BBTN were making a lot of excuses.