PDA

View Full Version : 6 losses that "hurt Cubs"

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 07:00 AM
From the Trib:
Click Here (http://www.chicagosports.com/cubs/content/story/0,1984,163474,00.html)

So I guess those 4 losses against the Sox still don't matter!

cheeses_h_rice
10-01-2001, 08:56 AM
Denial can be a powerful force.

I've been thinking more about those 4 "meaningless" games that the Sox won a lot lately. I'm sure the Flubs would give their eye teeth to have some of those games back, especially the first game of the second set, where David Wells just did not have his stuff yet the Sox won on a CLee grannie.

One more Cards victory and one more Flubbie loss, and it's all over for the Lovable Losers.

GASHWOUND
10-01-2001, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
From the Trib:
Click Here (http://www.chicagosports.com/cubs/content/story/0,1984,163474,00.html)

So I guess those 4 losses against the Sox still don't matter!

Hmmm....Come JM, you know we don't exist in the minds of the Cubune. Those 4 loses to a team that sucked coming into the cross-town series against a team that had the one of the top records in the National League had nooo impact on the season. Haahaa, I'm just glad we had a part in the chubs not making the post season. Ain't that a daaaamn shame... :) :) :) :)

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Hmmm....Come JM, you know we don't exist in the minds of the Cubune. Those 4 loses to a team that sucked coming into the cross-town series against a team that had the one of the top records in the National League had nooo impact on the season.

:moron
The Scum Sox didn't play America's Team six times you liars! I only recall one game which took place at the palace known as Wrigley field. When that cheater known as Chris Singleton slid in spikes high and tired to start a bench clearing brawl. I expected nothing less from that pack of losers.

Vsahajpal
10-01-2001, 03:33 PM
From the article: "The Cubs have had a half-dozen cruel, if not mind-boggling, defeats since Aug. 1, when they held a 41/2-game lead over Houston. All six were one-run losses, and five came against sub-.500 teams."

While the losses to the Sox hurt, I think they came before August 1st, a point in time in which the Cubs held a 4 1/2 game lead in the division. And as he says, they came against sub-500 teams.

In terms of devastating losses, the Carlos Lee grand slam comes to mind.

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
From the article: "The Cubs have had a half-dozen cruel, if not mind-boggling, defeats since Aug. 1, when they held a 41/2-game lead over Houston. All six were one-run losses, and five came against sub-.500 teams."

In terms of devastating losses, the Carlos Lee grand slam comes to mind.

I know perhaps I should have mentioned that when I posted the link. I bring it up because after we won the 2nd series all I heard was "Enjoy this because we have bigger fish to fry" or "The Cubs have a big series with the Astros coming up and we don't have time to worry about the Sox".