PDA

View Full Version : Possible replacements for Schoenweis...

WhiteSoxFan84
08-05-2004, 12:48 PM
It's time for Show to move on to the pen, and be replaced by possibly one of these guys;

Josh Stewart (AAA; 8-7, 3.88, 134.2 IP)
Jose Santiago (AAA; 4-5, 3.68, 66 IP)
Felix Diaz (AAA; 10-2, 2.97, 109 IP - maybe the third call-up's the charm?)

There's also a veteran SP that's out there, Scott Erickson. He may not have anything left, but I'm pretty sure he can do much better than 9 ER in 1 IP?

My personal favorite is Josh Stewart. He doesn't have lights out material but he keeps the team in the game. Another possibility is having Neal Cotts pitch 3-4 innings, than bring in Scott Schoenweis for another 3-4, and let the set-up man and closer take over from there.

Ozzie Guillen needs to do something before it is way too late. This team needs have a fire lit under their asses. 2 hits in 9 IP against Brian Anderson who had lost 9 in a row? Pitiful.

CubKilla
08-05-2004, 12:52 PM
How about Loaiza or Rauch?

Fungo
08-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Diaz is the obvious choice.

fuzzy_patters
08-05-2004, 12:56 PM
It's time for Show to move on to the pen, and be replaced by possibly one of these guys;

There's also a veteran SP that's out there, Scott Erickson. He may not have anything left, but I'm pretty sure he can do much better than 9 ER in 1 IP?

My personal favorite is Josh Stewart. He doesn't have lights out material but he keeps the team in the game. Another possibility is having Neal Cotts pitch 3-4 innings, than bring in Scott Schoenweis for another 3-4, and let the set-up man and closer take over from there.

Ozzie Guillen needs to do something before it is way too late. This team needs have a fire lit under their asses. 2 hits in 9 IP against Brian Anderson who had lost 9 in a row? Pitiful.
While Diaz probably has more long-term potential, I would not mind seeing Stewart recalled in the short term. Last year, it looked like he had a good mound presence, and he was not afraid to pitch inside. That takes guts for a young pitcher. His fearless ability to grab the inside corner reminded me of Mike Sirotka when he first came up. I do not know if Stewart will ever be great, but from what I saw last year, I think he would be a very consistent 4.20 ERA type pitcher. Anything is better than Shoney.

OEO Magglio
08-05-2004, 01:20 PM

My personal (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=410,28012355,whitesoxinteractiv e.com,1) favorite is Josh Stewart. He doesn't have lights out material but he keeps the team in the game. Another possibility is having Neal Cotts pitch 3-4 innings, than bring in Scott Schoenweis for another 3-4, and let the set-up man and closer take over from there.

Ozzie Guillen needs to do something before it is way too late. This team needs have a fire lit under their asses. 2 hits in 9 IP against Brian Anderson who had lost 9 in a row? Pitiful.Well santiago is a reliever so that wouldn't work. Scott Erickson was acquired by texas and we all know they can use any pitching they can get, Stewart isn't a bad option but I think Diaz is the best option for the remainder of this season and I think cotts and diaz are the best long term options for next year and beyond.

bafiarocks03
08-05-2004, 01:27 PM
We don't need to replace him!!!.....not at all!!!!:angry:

fuzzy_patters
08-05-2004, 01:31 PM
We don't need to replace him!!!.....not at all!!!!:angry:
You do not want to replace Shoenweis? What are you, a Cubs fan?

bafiarocks03
08-05-2004, 01:33 PM
You do not want to replace Shoenweis? What are you, a Cubs fan?

NOOO!!!.....but Schoe is good.......he had one bad outing...and its like you guys are all...omg he sucks!!.....give him a chance!! we need him!!!

Aidan
08-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Possible replacements for Schoenweis...A pitching machine set on medium.

mcfish
08-05-2004, 01:38 PM
NOOO!!!.....but Schoe is good.......he had one bad outing...and its like you guys are all...omg he sucks!!.....give him a chance!! we need him!!!That 0-4 June record with a 6.29 ERA is what really impressed me about Schoenweis though. Following that up with a 1-2 July with a 7.06 ERA was more than I thought one player could do. And the 60.75 August ERA is damn impressive as well. Yeah, he's good.

WhiteSoxFan84
08-05-2004, 01:38 PM
[/b]A pitching machine set on medium.
I said replacement. What difference is there between those 2 :D:

WhiteSoxFan84
08-05-2004, 01:41 PM
NOOO!!!.....but Schoe is good.......he had one bad outing...and its like you guys are all...omg he sucks!!.....give him a chance!! we need him!!! He is 6-9 with an ERA just under 6.00. He has given up AT LEAST 4 ER in 10 of his 19 starts. That may sound decent, but remember, this guy doesn't throw complete games. His stamina max's out in the 7th inning. He needs to be replaced. I think I'd rather have Dan Wright instead of this guy. At least Wright only had one bad inning and pitched fine.

And yes I know Wright might be out for 2 seasons.

JB98
08-05-2004, 01:48 PM
That 0-4 June record with a 6.29 ERA is what really impressed me about Schoenweis though. Following that up with a 1-2 July with a 7.06 ERA was more than I thought one player could do. And the 60.75 August ERA is damn impressive as well. Yeah, he's good.
In the last month, we have lost a game 12-0 to the Angels and lost a game 11-0 to the Royals. The common denominator: Scott Schoeneweis.

The time has come for Felix Diaz to get an extended opportunity in the Sox rotation. I could live with Stewart being called up, but Diaz is my preference.

ChiSoxJack
08-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Pitching Machine has more potential. :tongue:

Irishsox1
08-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Bring back Shoe's Foe's!!!!!!

ondafarm
08-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Doggone it!!! You beat me to the punch (line)!!

akingamongstmen
08-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Hahahahaha!!! POST OF THE DAY!!!!!! :) :) :)

PorkChopExpress
08-05-2004, 02:41 PM
A pitching machine throws strikes.

FightingBillini
08-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Me. I will be like Shingo Lite. My fastball is known to break 50 from time to time. I would be deceptive. I would produce a lot of bad swings and pop-ups.

I would probably get tossed a lot, though. I would throw behind anyone's head just for looking at me funny. It wouldnt hut much, but it would teach them a lesson.

JDP
08-05-2004, 03:02 PM
There are a few options that are already on the Sox payroll: the beer vendor(s), the pretzel guy, the chicks dishing out the snow cones. There should be an open tryout for the #5 spot this weekend.

Terminated
08-05-2004, 03:07 PM
NOOO!!!.....but Schoe is good.......he had one bad outing...and its like you guys are all...omg he sucks!!.....give him a chance!! we need him!!!
Just look at his ERA.

sendimjoey
08-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Diaz goes to the hill to start Monday's game against Cleveland.
Schoeneweis goes to the pen.
Mike Jackson goes home.

wdelaney72
08-05-2004, 03:56 PM
You must be the same person that said we should bring Valentin back next year at $6 million.

Mickster
08-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Do you even watch the games???? :?:

jordan23ventura
08-06-2004, 12:16 AM
No arm trouble for the pitching machine. Plus, consistency.

StillMissOzzie
08-06-2004, 01:21 AM
If Shoney does in fact go onto the 15 day DL to make room on the roster for Robbie Alomar, then they'll need a starter for 2 and maybe 3 starts, depending on the effective start of the DL stint. The 8/9 game vs. Cleveland, the 8/14 game vs. Boston, and (maybe) the 8/20 game also vs. Boston.

Does Diaz get the call-up, and if so, what's the OTHER roster move required? As I've posted elsewhere, I wouldn't mind giving Mike Jackson his walking papers.

SMO
:gulp:

South Side
08-06-2004, 01:29 AM
My grandma... she can't do any worse.

bigfoot
08-06-2004, 01:30 AM
Anybody, except the churro vendors!

Mohoney
08-06-2004, 01:35 AM
In the last month, we have lost a game 12-0 to the Angels and lost a game 11-0 to the Royals. The common denominator: Scott Schoeneweis.

The time has come for Felix Diaz to get an extended opportunity in the Sox rotation. I could live with Stewart being called up, but Diaz is my preference.

TRADE GARLAND and bring up both.

hellenicsoxfan
08-06-2004, 01:40 AM
No arm trouble for the pitching machine. Plus, consistency.
And the pitching machine won't complain about going to the bullpen.

Rex Hudler
08-06-2004, 02:33 AM
Did anyone mention that Diaz pitched on the same night as Schoenweis, setting him up perfectly in terms of rotation schedule and days rest??

WhiteSoxFan84
08-06-2004, 03:40 AM
TRADE GARLAND and bring up both.
Garland's only problem is he struggles against bad teams. All we have to do is just start him against the Yankees, BoSox, A's, Angels, etc. Just not against the Twins and the sub-.500 teams.

mikef1331
08-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Diaz goes to the hill to start Monday's game against Cleveland.
Schoeneweis goes to the pen.
Mike Jackson goes home.

How about this instead..... Schoenweis goes on the DL, Diaz comes up to fill in the #5 sp spot, Mike Jackson goes to AAA, Wunsch gets called back up to the majors.

gosox41
08-06-2004, 09:16 AM

Whoever we call up, I think we should give them one start and immediately send them down.

Bob

JDP
08-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Whoever we call up, I think we should give them one start and immediately send them down.

Bob
There's an idea -- we could start pulling up some Class A starters for a single start, send them back down after they're trounced and shoot their confidence all to hell and back too.