PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want.......

joeynach
08-05-2004, 10:09 AM
So who exactly would we like to see in a sox uniform next year to fill our holes. Knowing who will be FA's lets keep it reasonable, not like I want JD Drew, RJ, Wagner, and Beltre. Considering we have about 20 mil in free money to spend to fill our holes, granted Maggs doesn't come back. Look for a bullpen arm or two, 1 starting pitcher, an SS, a Catcher, and either a RF or another infielder who can play SS or 2B.

I would get a scott williamson and/or scott sullivan type for a couple mil. Go get christian guzman as your SS for the next few years. Then sign a Carl Pavano or if not then a Cory Lidle. As for catcher i think kendall is too expensive, ill take a damian miller or a mike liberthal (someone to hit .275). Then if there is any $$ left get a jermain dye if you dont want everett on your team, if not go get a guy who could replace a slumping crede or uribe if need be, like a Mackowiak or Niefe Perez. That sounds like it could total about 20 to 25 mil.

owensmouth
08-05-2004, 10:13 AM
The question is, who would want to come to the south side. I suspect that the White Sox will have the same problem that the Bulls have in luring talent... for the same reason.

Sell Jerry Sell!
08-05-2004, 10:15 AM
do you know who our owner is? if he has $20 mil to spend, he'll spend 10 and pocket the rest:angry:

OEO Magglio
08-05-2004, 10:16 AM
So who exactly would we like to see in a sox uniform next year to fill our holes. Knowing (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=73,28012355,whitesoxinteractive .com,0) who will be FA's lets keep it reasonable, not like I want JD Drew, RJ, Wagner, and Beltre. Considering we have about 20 mil in free money to spend to fill our holes, granted Maggs doesn't come back. Look for a bullpen arm or two, 1 starting pitcher, an SS, a Catcher, and either a RF or another infielder who can play SS or 2B.

I would get a scott williamson and/or scott sullivan type for a couple mil. Go get christian guzman as your SS for the next few years. Then sign a Carl (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=502,28012355,whitesoxinteractiv e.com,0) Pavano or if not then a Cory Lidle. As for catcher i think kendall is too expensive, ill take a damian miller or a mike liberthal (someone to hit .275). Then if there is any $$ left get a jermain dye if you dont want everett on your team, if not go get a guy who could replace a slumping crede or uribe if need be, like a Mackowiak or Niefe Perez. That sounds like it could total about 20 to 25 mil.I for one would like to keep the rotation as is for next year and let Diaz or Cotts be the 5th starter. However if you could get Pavano at a solid price then sure I'd be all for that but I'd rather not waste money on a Cory Lidle. As for the bullpen scott williamson would be a great idea in my mind, we have damaso and shingo(we'll pick up his option) back in the pen, along with adkins, try adding a williamson, and another couple of solid arms. Before deciding we need a catcher I'd like to see how ben davis finishes off the years, if he continues to swing well and play solid d, him and burke together could be a very nice duo to catch. Like you I'd love to see guzman here but I'd rather get a shortstop that along with a good glove could leadoff(guzman has to low of a obp to lead off) but wouldn't every team like to find that type of guy. I'm of the impression that either carlos or pk along with maggs and jose will be gone, so frank catalanotto would be an awesome pickup, imo. Add a couple bullpen arms, add speed and more "grinders" and I think with the starting pitching that the sox will throw out there next year that they'll be a very good team.

WinTwins
08-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Why do you guys like Guzman? The Twins have been waiting for the day when he either elevates his game and it hasn't happened. He's often lackadaisical, and you're right--his OBP makes him a #9 hitter. Plus, he'll cost around $5M. Twins fans would not be upset at the prospect of Guzie playing for the Sox. You'd do better to spend elsewhere for the production he offers.