PDA

View Full Version : There's still hope

PorkChopExpress
08-05-2004, 11:05 AM
It was just Monday when we were saying that if we can win 2 out of every 3, we would still be in good shape. This with the knowledge that we play the Twins 6 more games. Aside from this, the teams in front of us in the wildcard race are Texas, Boston and Anaheim. We play Boston 6 times, Texas 4 times, and Anaheim 3 times. Obviously with the way this team plays, it is a lot to ask, but there is still hope, and I won't give up until we are officially eliminated.

SoxxoS
08-05-2004, 11:07 AM
It was just Monday when we were saying that if we can win 2 out of every 3, we would still be in good shape. This with the knowledge that we play the Twins 6 more games. Aside from this, the teams in front of us in the wildcard race are Texas, Boston and Anaheim. We play Boston 6 times, Texas 4 times, and Anaheim 3 times. Obviously with the way this team plays, it is a lot to ask, but there is still hope, and I won't give up until we are officially eliminated.
Absolutely. We need a winning streak. If the D'Rays can run off 12 in a row, so can we. We need to get the attitude back...easier said than done, however.

CubKilla
08-05-2004, 11:09 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PorkChopExpress
08-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Absolutely. We need a winning streak. If the D'Rays can run off 12 in a row, so can we. We need to get the attitude back...easier said than done, however.
A streak would be nice, but consistently winning 2 of 3 would be fine with me. The Twins are on fire right now, and I think they will be in for a three game losing streak soon.

JohnBasedowYoda
08-05-2004, 12:42 PM
this has nothing to do with anything but i once heard a saying in wisconsin. "you can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one gets filled first"

PorkChopExpress
08-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Plus the Twins don't look so hot right now. Losing 7-1.

Terminated
08-05-2004, 02:36 PM
DIE TWINKIES!!!!!!!!

:supernana:

SoxxoS
08-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Plus the Twins don't look so hot right now. Losing 7-1.
Even the 27 Yankees lost a few games here and there.

The Twins are close to that 27 Yankee team...at least it looks that way the way they have been playing. If (probably should say "when") the Twins make the playoffs, I hope they get their brains kicked in.

PorkChopExpress
08-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Even the 27 Yankees lost a few games here and there.

The Twins are close to that 27 Yankee team...at least it looks that way the way they have been playing. If (probably should say "when") the Twins make the playoffs, I hope they get their brains kicked in.
They will, by the wild card White Sox in the ALCS! That ought to show them.

SoxxoS
08-05-2004, 03:11 PM
They will, by the wild card White Sox in the ALCS! That ought to show them.
To me, only a better feeling than the Sox beating the Twins in the ALCS would us beating any team in the world series...and beating the Cubs in the world series would be the greates day in the my life.

PorkChopExpress
08-05-2004, 03:16 PM
To me, only a better feeling than the Sox beating the Twins in the ALCS would us beating any team in the world series...and beating the Cubs in the world series would be the greates day in the my life.
It's all still a possibility as far as I'm concerned. This team just needs a little life. They should have a guest speaker from WSI before every game, to pump these chumps up.