PDA

View Full Version : Good lord I wish the Sox would get back in the race...

cheeses_h_rice
08-05-2004, 10:30 AM
...the Score this morning has been 100% Sox-free, except for talking about the score of last night's game and a cursory mention of how awful SS is.

Hokiesox
08-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Did they do anything last night that was worthy enough to talk about? What would you rather the radio did, spend 15 minutes dissecting both hits?

Hangar18
08-05-2004, 10:55 AM
...the Score this morning has been 100% Sox-free, except for talking about the score of last night's game and a cursory mention of how awful SS is.
YUP. Its Murphs way of Jamming it in SOX Fans' faces. This is nothing new,
the most on AVERAGE DAY, has been 15-20 mins of Sox Talk, and the other
4 Hours to all Cub Talk. its ridiculous

CubKilla
08-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Did they do anything last night that was worthy enough to talk about? What would you rather the radio did, spend 15 minutes dissecting both hits?
Really. What have the White Sox done since 07/24 that has called for media coverage? Being 2-hit by a pitcher that was 1-9 going into 08/04's game? :rolleyes:

samram
08-05-2004, 11:01 AM
No kidding, the Sox are not much of a story right now, it pains me to say. Plus, if they don't talk about them when they're playing well, why would they change their tune when they get killed by the worst team in the league?

CarlosMay'sThumb
08-05-2004, 11:26 AM
It's not ridiculous. You have a first place Cubs team despite serious injuries that has made great moves to fix deficiencies compared to a team in free fall whose GM is completely lost as to what to do to fix it. Which one are you going to talk about?

cheeses_h_rice
08-05-2004, 11:33 AM
It's not ridiculous. You have a first place Cubs team despite serious injuries that has made great moves to fix deficiencies compared to a team in free fall whose GM is completely lost as to what to do to fix it. Which one are you going to talk about?
It is ridiculous, because even 2 weeks ago when the Sox were MORE in it than the Flubs Murph still brought every single conversation somehow back around to his beloved Lovable Losers.

Now because it can be "justified," Murph is like a pig rolling in ****.

CubKilla
08-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Well, they aren't going to be talking about a first place Cubs team, that's for sure.

Hangar18
08-05-2004, 11:57 AM
When the cubs lose a similar game ..... 4 Hours is spent talking about it.
When the cubs win a game .......4 Hours is spent talking about it.

CarlosMay'sThumb
08-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Well, they aren't going to be talking about a first place Cubs team, that's for sure.
Sure they are. The Cubs will run away with the WC and I think will ultimately challenge St. Louis for the division. Right now the Cubs are the best team in baseball on paper. The only reason the Cards are ahead is Cub injuries, but now that they're healthy, except for Borowski, and Hendry has done his job as GM, the Cubs will play exceptional baseball the rest of the way. I hate the Cubs, but you've got to give credit where credit is due. :(:

pudge
08-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Sure they are. The Cubs will run away with the WC and I think will ultimately challenge St. Louis for the division. Right now the Cubs are the best team in baseball on paper. The only reason the Cards are ahead is Cub injuries, but now that they're healthy, except for Borowski, and Hendry has done his job as GM, the Cubs will play exceptional baseball the rest of the way. I hate the Cubs, but you've got to give credit where credit is due. :(:
Well said. Get used to it folks. It's all Cubbie talk from here on....

oeo
08-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Lets go back to the old days when the Sox were getting near zero media attention and winning while the Flubs were getting it all while losing. I could care a less how much attention we get...lets just win some games.

Brian26
08-05-2004, 01:18 PM

That's ok. Murph will have plenty of time to talk all the Cubs smack he wants to in a few weeks when he's forced back into the heating and a/c business fulltime. :gulp:

CubKilla
08-05-2004, 01:25 PM
The only reason the Cards are ahead is Cub injuries
I guess St. Louis having the best record in baseball has nothing to do with that though :rolleyes:

the Cubs will play exceptional baseball the rest of the way. I hate the Cubs, but you've got to give credit where credit is due. :(:
And where is this guaranteed? On the same paper that the Cubs being "the best team in baseball on paper" is written on?

And remember, the Cubs, right now, only appear healthy. What if ShamME sneezes again? Wood and Prior?

mcfish
08-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Sure they are. The Cubs will run away with the WC and I think will ultimately challenge St. Louis for the division. Right now the Cubs are the best team in baseball on paper. The only reason the Cards are ahead is Cub injuries, but now that they're healthy, except for Borowski, and Hendry has done his job as GM, the Cubs will play exceptional baseball the rest of the way. I hate the Cubs, but you've got to give credit where credit is due. :(::dtroll: When is St. Louis going to start losing? The Flubs only chance is the 5-team wild card race.:dtroll:

hsnterprize
08-05-2004, 01:37 PM
It is ridiculous, because even 2 weeks ago when the Sox were MORE in it than the Flubs Murph still brought every single conversation somehow back around to his beloved Lovable Losers.

Now because it can be "justified," Murph is like a pig rolling in ****.Listening to Murph's "All Cubs, all the time" morning show reminds me of a saying I learned while I was stationed in North Carolina by a successful businessman...

PIGS DON'T KNOW PIGS STINK!!!!! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

hsnterprize
08-05-2004, 01:39 PM
When the cubs win a game .......4 Hours is spent talking about it.Hangar...

You mean, "When the cubs win a game .......4 hours is spent talking about it...with more enthusiasm.

To a certain extent, you described how the media acted about the Cubs' playoff run last year with that last sentence.

Erik The Red
08-05-2004, 03:04 PM
I wasn't aware that people still listened to the snore.

maurice
08-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Well, they aren't going to be talking about a first place Cubs team, that's for sure.That's what they purported to do. Every 20 minutes, cubbie stooge Fred announced that the cubs were "in First Place in the wildcard 'standings,'" whatever that means. Leave it to the lame-duck cub morning show to re-define the meaning of the term "first place."

The truth is that the lagging Sox remain much closer to actual first place than the cubs. Despite all the doom and gloom, they even won two out of their last three games (all road games), and the one loss was by their fifth starter. On Friday, they start a seven-game homestand against the worst team in the league and a .500 ballclub. The twinks can't play .800 baseball forever.

steff
08-05-2004, 06:01 PM
When the cubs win a game .......4 Hours is spent talking about it.
They got nothing on you, who.. when the Cubs win/lose spend 24 hours talking about it and how much it's reported on in the media. :rolleyes:

batmanZoSo
08-05-2004, 06:05 PM
No kidding, the Sox are not much of a story right now, it pains me to say. Plus, if they don't talk about them when they're playing well, why would they change their tune when they get killed by the worst team in the league?
There's no story, nothing to talk about.

Frankly, right now it's up for debate that we should even bother to talk about them.

They certainly don't deserve any media attention though.