PDA

View Full Version : Loaiza Evil Empire Debut

wdelaney72
08-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Old Esteban picked up right where he left off. 6 IP, 4.97 ER, 4 BB 6 SO. I'm not trying to wish ill will on Esteban, it's just nice to see NY and the media get a dose of reality - the very mediocre pitcher we saw all year.

owensmouth
08-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Unfortunately, the Yankees won

wdelaney72
08-05-2004, 08:10 AM
Unfortunately, the Yankees won
Yeah, despite their starting pitcher. Not that he got shelled, but let's face it. The National Media was all over this thnking it was a great move. We've been seeing his mediocre and crappy starts all season.

The Yankees may have won, but it was in no part because of Loaiza.

harwar
08-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Yea,i was watching that game during the White Sox commercials and the espn broadcast guys were falling all over themselves trying to do damage control after saying what idiots the White Sox were for trading the greatest pitcher of all time for a has been and hyping up loaiza beyond belief.
If the Sox weren't getting their butts kicked again it would have been very enjoyable.

Sell Jerry Sell!
08-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Loaiza's line last night? 6IP, 5ER. He got the no decision but I guess the "offense didn't give him enough support" What a jacka$$

skobabe8
08-05-2004, 03:13 PM
I was always a big Esty fan here, but this move by KW was a really good one. The well went dry, and a big part of me wants to see him get lit up every time he pitches for the yanks. Is this wrong? :?:

amace020
08-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Since he has shaved, Loaiza doesn't even look like himself anymore...

Chalk up his performance as an adjustment period. Plus- the A's are a fairly good team, even though they have slipped from the lead in the West- they still lead the WC race.

Loaiza will bounce back.