PDA

View Full Version : PHG

WinningUgly!
10-01-2001, 12:10 AM
Do you still have everybody's predictions that we made way back when? It will be pretty sad seeing them now, I think most of us The Sox winning it all, Frank leading the team in HR/RBI & Fatty Wells with wins.

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Do you still have everybody's predictions that we made way back when? It will be pretty sad seeing them now, I think most of us The Sox winning it all, Frank leading the team in HR/RBI & Fatty Wells with wins.

I'll answer this since I was in charge of this project. George lost the information when rivals shut down. I on the other hand printed out everyone's predictions. I had them but I might have thrown them out. I can look for them if you want.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-01-2001, 12:29 AM
I don't have them but it was discovered Jerry Manuel still has some of his notes from the preseason prediction contest. I'm sure you can pay him off if things are a bit too embarrassing.

:)

All the electronic files were lost when Rivals went under.

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 12:33 AM
I looked and I found only one set of predictions. I must have threw the rest away. But believe me you didn't want to see them anyway.

CLR01
10-01-2001, 12:35 AM
you have mine jerry? I would like to know what i said.

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
you have mine jerry? I would like to know what i said.

Sorry I don't CLR.
I had everyone's like a month ago but when George said the results wouldn't be published on the site I tossed the rest. But from what I recall mostly everyone had:

Sox in first
90 to 100 wins
Some said the Sox would get to the ALCS
Wells with most wins
Thomas having a huge year along with Maggs.

CLR01
10-01-2001, 12:42 AM
Damn, im pretty sure i said something about the sox winning around 83-85, Buehrle with the most wins and loswest era, and the sox finishing in 2nd. Pretty sure i said something about Singleton winning AL mvp as well. Looks like i am on track to win, wheres my case of beer?

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Damn, im pretty sure i said something about the sox winning around 83-85, Buehrle with the most wins and loswest era, and the sox finishing in 2nd. Pretty sure i said something about Singleton winning AL mvp as well.

I don't recall you saying any of those things. Well the Singleton one sounds right but the other ones no.

Bmr31
10-01-2001, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I don't recall you saying any of those things. Well the Singleton one sounds right but the other ones no.

i predicted 87 wins, i think.

Chisoxfn
10-01-2001, 02:40 PM
Ian do you have mine in there cause I'm sure I said something about Singleton, I mean I did predict his drastic improvement.

Now I also know I said Sox Dodgers in the world series but I was wondering what other wrong things I said.

Jerry_Manuel
10-01-2001, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Ian do you have mine in there cause I'm sure I said something about Singleton, I mean I did predict his drastic improvement.

Sorry but no all I have is "streets" predictions. I had yours but like I stated above I tossed the rest.