PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie: Schoeneweis to get at least one more start

Win1ForMe
08-05-2004, 12:05 AM
"He got hit pretty well," Guillen said. "Right now, I think I'm going to run him out there one more time. After that start, we're going to make up our minds what we're going to do.

"We expect a better outing from him. After the next start, we'll see how we stand."Someone should tell Ozzie the season doesn't exactly end in December, meaning we can't waste whatever little opportunities we have to gain ground. Someone with a 1-7 record and 7.79 ERA since the start of June probably won't help you much in the middle of a pennant race. Why we let a borderline major leaguer live out his starting pitcher baseball fantasy is beyond me.

Iguana775
08-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Someone should tell Ozzie the season doesn't exactly end in December, meaning we can't waste whatever little opportunities we have to gain ground. Someone with a 1-7 record and 7.79 ERA since the start of June probably won't help you much in the middle of a pennant race. Why we let a borderline major leaguer live out his starting pitcher baseball fantasy is beyond me.
someone please put SS out of our misery! i am sick of his ass. :angry: :angry:

SOXSINCE'70
08-05-2004, 07:21 AM
The experiment is over.

SCOTT SCHOENEWEIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

owensmouth
08-05-2004, 08:14 AM
I think Ozzie is desperately hoping Schoeneweis can get it back togeather. He doesn't want to restart the search for a fifth starter.

gosox41
08-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Someone should tell Ozzie the season doesn't exactly end in December, meaning we can't waste whatever little opportunities we have to gain ground. Someone with a 1-7 record and 7.79 ERA since the start of June probably won't help you much in the middle of a pennant race. Why we let a borderline major leaguer live out his starting pitcher baseball fantasy is beyond me.
What happened to all the SS supporters?

Bob

mmmmmbeeer
08-05-2004, 08:27 AM
You know how you can tell when someone truly lacks intelligence? You can tell when a person has a tendency to repeat horrible mistakes. This doesn't fall on Ozzie, this falls on KW and/or Don Cooper. This quote from Ozzie just sounds eerily familiar to our great days with Danny Wright. How could this franchise not have learned its lesson after the Wright fiasco?????? How frustrating....

Put Schoe in the pen or place him on waivers if he doesn't want to pitch relief. The answer to our problem is pitching lights out in AAA right now, Felix Diaz. Every start he misses in Chicago we delay his emergence as a solid #2/3 in the major leagues.

joeynach
08-05-2004, 08:33 AM
You know how you can tell when someone truly lacks intelligence? You can tell when a person has a tendency to repeat horrible mistakes. This doesn't fall on Ozzie, this falls on KW and/or Don Cooper. This quote from Ozzie just sounds eerily familiar to our great days with Danny Wright. How could this franchise not have learned its lesson after the Wright fiasco?????? How frustrating....

Put Schoe in the pen or place him on waivers if he doesn't want to pitch relief. The answer to our problem is pitching lights out in AAA right now, Felix Diaz. Every start he misses in Chicago we delay his emergence as a solid #2/3 in the major leagues.
Haven't we also learned a guy and can be great at AAA then come up here and get rocked. We have seen it over and over again. Rauch, Munoz, and Diaz were all sporting #1 ace numbers down in AAA then they came to the bigs to get rocked in 2 or 3 innings. Im not sold on any or our arms in AAA despite good numbers down there.

soxtalker
08-05-2004, 08:34 AM
I think Ozzie is desperately hoping Schoeneweis can get it back togeather. He doesn't want to restart the search for a fifth starter.
I agree. Ozzie and KW are in a tough position. And making a statement like this doesn't preclude any behing-the-scenes moves.

mmmmmbeeer
08-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Haven't we also learned a guy and can be great at AAA then come up here and get rocked. We have seen it over and over again. Rauch, Munoz, and Diaz were all sporting #1 ace numbers down in AAA then they came to the bigs to get rocked in 2 or 3 innings. Im not sold on any or our arms in AAA despite good numbers down there.
I assume you didn't watch Diaz's two outing against the sCrUBS? He pitched extremely well minus the 1st inning at Wrigley. He looked a hell of a lot better than Schoe.

Tekijawa
08-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Good point, but I'd rather take that chance than let a guy that has pitched for the most part completely horrible in the majors over at least the past 2 seasons try again over and over... The worse thing tha can happen is he pitches well his next game and is given the strart again for the more consecutive bad starts to close out the season.

SoxFan78
08-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Scott Schoeneweis last night made Danny Wright look like Pedro Martinez.

Baby Fisk
08-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Who's got that Schoe's Foes tag? Break it out!

quade36
08-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Why is he even going to get one more start???? We need to win games.......

Dice
08-05-2004, 10:40 AM
I hope he gets one more start.....

....in Birmingham.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-05-2004, 10:42 AM
What happened to all the SS supporters?

Bob
I think they all went away when his era shot up and he gave a crapload of runs to the worst team in our division.:?:

LIKE EVERYONE SAID! SS SUX!:angry:

-CFAD

The Tom
08-05-2004, 10:45 AM
We either need to go to a 4 man rotation or get Felix Diaz up here. If we're going to have any chance at this thing, we can't afford to do what we did last night. Diaz pitched great in his two outings against Chicago. He is a young guy who is progressively getting better in his major league outings. Get him up here ASAP.

CPditka
08-05-2004, 11:21 AM
reason one) Diaz is tearin it up, and he needs the Major league experience. We can afford to have him up here learning the ML game. He will get better and more comfortable w/ every game he is on the roster for, let alone start. If we get him comfortable, next year we have a SOLID 5 starters to start the year, and we dont have to F!@# around figuring out which schmuck will put up a Mike Jackson-esque ERA for us at the fifth starter spot. Give Felix some job security and he will respond well. Hes a Cub Killer in Training.

reason 2) Bullpen help anyone?
SEND SS to the PEN. or release him, he has sucked the past few outtings and needs a head ck if he thinks hes a starter in this league. Make him come out of the pen. Last I cked Jerry Signs his checks and we pay for him, SS can not hold us up w/ his ransom demands. He will listen to Ozzie and MGMT or he can eat one.

PorkChopExpress
08-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Why is he even going to get one more start???? We need to win games.......
Because we don't have anyone else right now that is any more of a lock than SS. We can throw Diaz out there, but we've seen that he can break down just as quick. Maybe Ozzie is just making SS understand that he doesn't belong in the starting rotation so that he will go to the pen willingly.

WhiteSoxFan84
08-05-2004, 11:41 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Angels did not have a good rotation last year and they didn't let Schoenweis in it. Maybe there's a reason they didn't want him to start? That being that he sucks?

SomebodyToldMe
08-05-2004, 01:28 PM
I hope he gets one more start.....

....in Birmingham.
ZING!

bigdommer
08-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Who's got that Schoe's Foes tag? Break it out!
You are right. "Great Scott" has morphed back into "Schoe's Foes." How sad!