PDA

View Full Version : Harold Reynolds on Elo

chisoxfan79
08-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Is anybody watching this crap on baseball tonight? Harold trying to tell everybody that he pitched a good game tonight, dissecting his every pitch it seems.

Nard
08-05-2004, 12:53 AM
It was absurd but, honestly, what else did you expect? I said from the start unless he gets shelled for 8 ER, his perfomance can be easily twisted for the better.

HR's exact quote: "I know the stats don't agree with me, but Esty pitched very well except for Byrnes's homerun."

Short version: He pitched good except for that 3-run homer. :rolleyes:

Then he showed two meaningless pitch sequences from the 1st and 2nd innings. What was that about?

MarkEdward
08-05-2004, 12:57 AM
It was absurd but, honestly, what else did you expect? I said from the start unless he gets shelled for 8 ER, his perfomance can be easily twisted for the better.

HR's exact quote: "I know the stats don't agree with me, but Esty pitched very well except for Byrnes's homerun."

Then he showed two meaningless pitch sequences from the 1st and 2nd innings. What was that about?
Yeah, and Schoeney pitched well except for the nine runs... :rolleyes:

Rex Hudler
08-05-2004, 01:30 AM

He's right though. Esteban did pitch pretty damned well except for that 3-run HR. The problem is, there is that "3-run HR" in every outing. He always finds a way to give runs back. IT is one thing to have success and on occasion make a mistake. It is another to flirt with success but to always have "that one pitch" or "that one inning".

Could he get over that hump with the Yanks? Sure, it is possible. But it is more likely he will go six innings each time out and the Yanks will score enough runs to bail his ass out half the time or more.

Gimm
08-05-2004, 01:31 AM

It's totally possible to pitch "very well" and still give up 4 ER - in baseball, luck plays a pretty big part, afterall.

That said, Loaiza did not look good and the pitching line reflects that. Reynolds is a hack.

Gimm
08-05-2004, 01:34 AM
Could he get over that hump with the Yanks? Sure, it is possible..
He lost 3 mph off his fastball and cutter, and his control is erratic.

What would getting over the hump entail exactly? Taking same steroids he took last year?

mike squires
08-05-2004, 10:02 AM
4 walks, 3 run home run? But now that he is a Yankee he pitched a good game. The difference between the Sox and Yankees is the Yanks can come through in the clutch and pull it out in tight games. Sounds like exactly how he was pitching with us.