PDA

View Full Version : Departed Players

gobears1987
08-04-2004, 10:46 PM
THere is a real difference in my attitude between the losses of Miggy and Elo.

When Miggy left we all said we wished the best to him. Why? Because he left on good terms with us and while upset about being traded still had good things to say about the White Sox.

With ELo we (including myself) want to see him get rocked every night he's pitching. Why? He bashed the Sox when he left even after all we did for him.

2 players, One is a class act and we root for him even though he isn't here and the other we boo since he is a stuck up prick.

Thank God Elo pitched like **** tonight.

gobears1987
08-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Just look and notice all the "We will miss you" sigs for Olivo, don't expect any for Esteban

doublem23
08-04-2004, 10:52 PM
I don't root for Miguel, but that's just because he's a Mariner.

bafiarocks03
08-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Take a look at my sig!!!

RKMeibalane
08-04-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm glad that Esteban is gone (that rhymes). If he honestly believes that six runs per game wasn't enough run support, then he's out of his mind. More than anyone else in baseball, it seems as though pitchers are always blaming their teammates for their struggles. I don't ever remember hearing any of the Sox hitters saying that the pitching staff gave up too many runs. Why the double-standard?

Oh, well. E-Lo will get what's coming to him, and the Yankees will be on the outside looking in once the World Series starts. Even today, money can't buy championships, at least not all the time.

gobears1987
08-11-2004, 12:25 AM
The Yankees have given him 4 and 3 runs in his 2 starts while he is giving them up. He was getting more run support on the Sox. Glad to see you lose ELo. We don't miss you, just look at Contreras.

Aidan
08-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Loaiza was excellent last season but after watching Contreras pitch twice in a Sox uniform, I realize he has 10 times the stuff Loaiza ever did. I don't miss Loaiza at all. Besides, if we had let Loaiza get to free agency, he may have left and we would've gotten nothing for him. Now we have Contreras locked up for 2 years at $12 million dollars. He could turn into an ace for only $6 million a year.

gobears1987
08-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Loaiza was excellent last season but after watching Contreras pitch twice in a Sox uniform, I realize he has 10 times the stuff Loaiza ever did. I don't miss Loaiza at all. Besides, if we had let Loaiza get to free agency, he may have left and we would've gotten nothing for him. Now we have Contreras locked up for 2 years at $12 million dollars. He could turn into an ace for only $6 million a year.
your BD watch should have his Sox BA, well over 300

AddisonStSox
08-11-2004, 02:06 AM
If Ben Davis turns into an everyday, serviceable catcher like he was projected to so many years ago, we might not even miss Miggy in a few years...optimistic, maybe, but ya never know.

fquaye149
08-11-2004, 08:33 AM
THere is a real difference in my attitude between the losses of Miggy and Elo.

When Miggy left we all said we wished the best to him. Why? Because he left on good terms with us and while upset about being traded still had good things to say about the White Sox.

With ELo we (including myself) want to see him get rocked every night he's pitching. Why? He bashed the Sox when he left even after all we did for him.

2 players, One is a class act and we root for him even though he isn't here and the other we boo since he is a stuck up prick.

Thank God Elo pitched like **** tonight.
there's a lot more to it than that:

a.) e-lo had sucked his last 8 starts prior to the trade. miguel had been helping the team and in fact hit a difference making home run in the very game he was traded.

b.) everyone had said how we got hosed on the contreras deal on espn and the ilk. everyone was overvaluing e-lo who was gifted the all-star spot over a more deserving pitcher - Loaiza this year was a prime example of two things wrong with baseball:

1. torre's ability to manipulate the all-star team to trump up the press on cashman's stupid deal

2. the major media's ignorance of easily accessible information (loaiza and contreras' comparable eras)

When you add to that e-lo's comments about lack of run support (which once again showcases the second thing wrong with baseball) you get 3 good reasons that we all were secretly (or publicly) hoping he'd get shelled in pinstripes.

Oh, and most of us don't hate the m's as much as we hate the yankees.

bigdommer
08-11-2004, 08:43 AM
A friend who is a Cub fan called me to tell me about the Este/Contreras deal, and he said, "looks like the Sox are throwing in the towel." That comment confused me, because I had been interested in trading the FA to be Esteban for over a month while he had some value.

Not only does Contreras make us better now, he was a great move financially. In order to get a FA front end rotation guy in the offseason (Pedro, Lowe, Benson, Radke, Clement, etc), the Sox would have to pay 8-12 a year for 4 years. No one knows what a pitcher will do in 4 years. But instead they get Contreras for 6 per and 2 years. And the only FA's who are better than him would be Pedro and Radke, the rest are suspect. And if we would have traded for a pitcher like Contreras in the offseason, we would have had to give up a Konerko/Lee, or prospects like Anderson/Sweeney/McCarthy(who, by the way, is climbing the hot prospect list every day).

Good job KW!!! Sell high, buy low!!!

Kilroy
08-11-2004, 08:52 AM
A friend who is a Cub fan called me to tell me about the Este/Contreras deal, and he said, "looks like the Sox are throwing in the towel." That comment confused me...
That shouldn't have been confusing. He sounds like most, but not all, Cub fans I know; Completely unaware of the facts.

ondafarm
08-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Oh, and most of us don't hate the m's as much as we hate the yankees.
I don't hate the Yankees. Despise & loathe them, yes. Carry a Joe Torre voodoo doll, yes. Have a long running arguement that Derek Jeter couldn't hit his dress size if he played for any other team in the league, yes. But I don't hate them.