08-04-2004, 10:35 PM
4.5 back in wild card.

Keep the faith.

owensmouth
08-04-2004, 10:36 PM
1 firecracker and eight duds. Yuck

Win1ForMe
08-04-2004, 10:36 PM
There's no way this team could ever go on a 10 game win streak. That would require winning 4 games in a row started by Garland and Schoenweis.

Dub25
08-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Hey, at least the Twins have a rough schedule.

South Side
08-04-2004, 10:40 PM
Schoenweiss makes me angry.

Nard
08-04-2004, 10:40 PM
If they Twinkies keep winning there will be no choice than to root for them in the many games they play against Texas and Anaheim for hopes of us winning the wild card.

Never thought it might come to that. Uhhh... at least we won't be dissapointed?

I'm one of the most optimistic around but I think our hopes for the divion are over.

The wild card is still a big possibility if the Twinkies can rail on Anaheim/Texas and the Carmines keep losing like they have been.

dcb33
08-04-2004, 10:43 PM
:reinsy "Hey, at least putting Schoeneweis in the rotation helped us stay within our budget this year!"

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Shoeless Joe
08-04-2004, 10:44 PM
This game was depressing from beginning to end. It's during these tough times that you have to have a drink to soothe your sorrows away and hope for a better tomorrow...well it'll take more than one drink tonight.

inta
08-04-2004, 10:46 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing the twins win the WS.

3Pete
08-04-2004, 10:49 PM
The Twins have won something like 13 of their last 15. Nathan has 24 consecutive saves. This team is playing unbelievable, so much for the hope about playing a tough schedule. If the Twins continue playing like this, there is no hope for the Sox. How long does everybody continue to say they are just playing over their heads?

Jurr
08-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Tonight Was My F***ing Birthday!

CubKilla
08-04-2004, 10:50 PM
The Twins have won something like 13 of their last 15. Nathan has 24 consecutive saves. This team is playing unbelievable, so much for the hope about playing a tough schedule. If the Twins continue playing like this, there is no hope for the Sox. How long does everybody continue to say they are just playing over their heads?
Sox fans have been saying it since 2002.

Win1ForMe
08-04-2004, 10:51 PM
The Twins have won something like 13 of their last 15. Nathan has 24 consecutive saves. This team is playing unbelievable, so much for the hope about playing a tough schedule. If the Twins continue playing like this, there is no hope for the Sox. How long does everybody continue to say they are just playing over their heads?Quick, someone pull out the BP adjusted standigs. I'm sure we're ahead in those. Will Carrol is a genius.

LongLiveFisk
08-04-2004, 10:51 PM
There's not much to say about this game, but one thing definitely comes to mind:

:corpseball

dcb33
08-04-2004, 10:53 PM
If they Twinkies keep winning there will be no choice than to root for them in the many games they play against Texas and Anaheim for hopes of us winning the wild card.

Never thought it might come to that. Uhhh... at least we won't be dissapointed?

I'm one of the most optimistic around but I think our hopes for the divion are over.

The wild card is still a big possibility if the Twinkies can rail on Anaheim/Texas and the Carmines keep losing like they have been.
Do we really even want this team to make the playoffs? If we do sneak in we'll just get wiped by the A's or Yankees anyway....

South Side
08-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Do we really even want this team to make the playoffs? If we do sneak in we'll just get wiped by the A's or Yankees anyway....

I do, I desperately do...

kittle42
08-04-2004, 11:12 PM
:reinsy "Hey, at least putting Schoeneweis in the rotation helped us stay within our budget this year!"

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
He used to be our *fourth* starter.

Nard
08-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Believe it or not I think we have a chance against the Yankees. Just keep thinking about three words... Burleymon... Chief Garcia... El Defector.....

Oakland is absolutely out of the question. Can you imagine playing in Oakland on national TV again? We might not have Koch but I think they still own us.

Lip Man 1
08-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Quick, someone pull out the BP adjusted standigs. I'm sure we're ahead in those. Will Carrol is a genius.__________________

Now THAT's entertainment! LOL :redneck

Lip

Frankfan4life
08-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Tonight Was My F***ing Birthday!:happybday

LASOXFAN
08-04-2004, 11:24 PM
At least the Sox aren't toying with our hopes and emotions by hanging in there until September. I have never seen so many major leaguers on one team who seem so lost. After all the negativity I've thrown their way, I almost (almost) feel sorry for Crede, Valentin, Harris, Borchard and Alomar. If they weren't getting paid to play I would feel bad for them. Borchard in particular. I'm not just angry/disappointed when I say this guy is a AAA all-star, but not a major league ball player. Crede has all the tools but one: a brain. Go figure. You can only scout so many things.

Yet I am hopeful anytime we have a good rotation and next year is no exception. I expect to see Garland traded in the off season and he should bring some nice players - the book on him is solid.

It's not this team's fault that Frank and Mags got hurt. I believe we'd be right there with the Twins had they stayed healthy.

Lip Man 1
08-04-2004, 11:37 PM
LASox:

That's because so many of those same players just aren't much good.

Lip

JB98
08-04-2004, 11:41 PM

On my birthday (July 7), Schoeneweis lost 12-0 to the Angels. I know the feeling.

voodoochile
08-04-2004, 11:43 PM
On my birthday (July 7), Schoeneweis lost 12-0 to the Angels. I know the feeling.A few years ago, I was at the famous Foulke gives up the 3-run shot to Giambi game in late may on my b-day. It was NOT a good night, but my bartender went home happy...

Lip Man 1
08-04-2004, 11:49 PM
All I can hope for now is that the Sox have enough personal pride (and of course the so called 'soft' schedule...) to at least win 82 games and have a 'winning' season.

That's all that's left folks. Another year flushed down the toilet.

Lip

Mohoney
08-04-2004, 11:49 PM
I expect to see Garland traded in the off season and he should bring some nice players - the book on him is solid.

God, I hope you're right. Just get this guy out of my sight. Every year our postseason hopes hinge on a "breakout year" from Jon Garland, and every year we get a .500 record and a mid 4 ERA.

We're supposed to give this guy something in the realm of $5 million plus a year for this kind of mediocrity? Take that money, add some more to it, and sign a free agent that can post an ERA under 4 and keeps the ball in the park. Then let Diaz be your 5th starter.

Why didn't we go after Victor Zambrano? Don't you think an offer of Garland and 2 PTBNL would have trumped the package that Tampa Bay ended up getting? He would have slid in quite nicely with Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, and Diaz. That rotation could have had a GREAT shot at winning in '05 AND '06.

As it is, however, we just need to focus on riding out the rest of this year, hope for the best, and worry about the rest of this stuff after the season, because I doubt that any quality starters will be available in waiver deals.

RKMeibalane
08-04-2004, 11:53 PM
A few years ago, I was at the famous Foulke gives up the 3-run shot to Giambi game in late may on my b-day. It was NOT a good night, but my bartender went home happy...
That was the night that I thought Jerry "The Tinkerer" Manuel should have been fired. Unfortunately, as we all know, he wasn't fired until after last season. I really wish they'd gotten rid of him sooner.

:hurt

"So do I."

voodoochile
08-05-2004, 12:15 AM
All I can hope for now is that the Sox have enough personal pride (and of course the so called 'soft' schedule...) to at least win 82 games and have a 'winning' season.

That's all that's left folks. Another year flushed down the toilet.

Lip
Never really thought of my time rooting for the Sox in those terms before. Hope I never do...

StockdaleForVeep
08-05-2004, 12:30 AM
http://www.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_150011.jpg

"IM NOT DEAD YET! IM GETTING BETTER!"

Iron Dragon
08-05-2004, 12:38 AM
When I bought my tickets for this Saturday's game a couple weeks ago I thought we would get the 5th starter (Shoencrap). I now thank God it will be Garcia.:bandance:

Win1ForMe
08-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Why didn't we go after Victor Zambrano? Don't you think an offer of Garland and 2 PTBNL would have trumped the package that Tampa Bay ended up getting? He would have slid in quite nicely with Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, and Diaz. That rotation could have had a GREAT shot at winning in '05 AND '06.
Now, I know we're all frustrated but if there's one pitcher that out-Judy's Garland, it's definitely Victor Zambrano.

Gimm
08-05-2004, 12:46 AM
At least the Sox aren't toying with our hopes and emotions by hanging in there until September. I have never seen so many major leaguers on one team who seem so lost. .Maybe if they weren't so greedy and complacent....maybe if they didn't try to turn nearly every pitch into a majestic towering drive to LF.....maybe if they would actually bother to study some footage......they wouldn't be quite as lost, eh?

2002-2004 years make absolutely no sense. We should have been the Indians of the 2000's, damnit. :mad:

Foulke29
08-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Anyone here like how Schowenalwekclsieewligeis couldn't start a routine double play on a ball hit back to the mound? :angry: :angry:

How did you guys like Carlos striking out in the first inning with Rowand on third base? :angry: :angry:

Hell, if Lee drives in Rowand, the whole mood is shifted with us drawing first blood!

Any of you like how we were limited to a two-hitter from a guy that was 1-9 WITH AN ERA ABOVE 6.00+? :angry: :angry:

OurBitchinMinny
08-05-2004, 01:41 AM
its over folks. The twins are red hot and we just cannot overcome the maggs and frank injuries. With radke and santana the twins are not going to go on a 7 game losing streak. The only silver lining is that at this time last year the twins were 51-54 and 6.5 behind KC. They won the division by 4

BearSox
08-05-2004, 01:45 AM
Mer Too! and they lost on it last year as well!:angry:

StockdaleForVeep
08-05-2004, 02:06 AM
A few years ago, I was at the famous Foulke gives up the 3-run shot to Giambi game in late may on my b-day. It was NOT a good night, but my bartender went home happy...

I was at that game as well, in right field, when giambi hit that mammoth, it had to be the highest Homerun i personally ever witnessed. I even made the "NO! TOO HIGH" comment, legit and hoping it would die at the wall\foul

Lip Man 1
08-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Voodoo:

It still beats a losing season don't ya' think? It's better then nothing... at least the season isn't a complete loss. And let's face it, that's about all the Sox have been good for since the 'White Flag' deal.

Lip