PDA

View Full Version : Loaiza wasnt happy??

Iguana775
08-04-2004, 06:58 PM
that is what that dip**** sutcliff (sp?) said during the yankme game on espn right now. ***? I never heard anything like that. he was also saying how he couldnt believe that the Sox traded Loaiza. Has he even watched him pitch all year??

anyone else hope that Loaiza gets rocked in NY? I am sick of the media saying how the Sox were morons for trading for Jose C.

ndgt10
08-04-2004, 06:59 PM
that is what that dip**** sutcliff (sp?) said during the yankme game on espn right now. ***? I never heard anything like that. he was also saying how he couldnt believe that the Sox traded Loaiza. Has he even watched him pitch all year??

anyone else hope that Loaiza gets rocked in NY? I am sick of the media saying how the Sox were morons for trading for Jose C.
I think that is Jeff Brantley who is behaving like a complete retard on the broadcast...

Iguana775
08-04-2004, 07:01 PM
I think that is Jeff Brantley who is behaving like a complete retard on the broadcast...
oh, my bad. isnt it usually sutcliff? well, Brantley is a dumbass then.

ndgt10
08-04-2004, 07:03 PM
oh, my bad. isnt it usually sutcliff? well, Brantley is a dumbass then.
It is difficult to distinguish been the two incompetent morons...

DrCrawdad

In spite of the fact that A's are leading the Sox for the AL wildcard, I was sort of pulling for Esteban. Then I heard the load of crap from the mouth of the perpetual A-Hole Sutcliffe, now I hope Esteban gets his but kicked.

Aidan
oh, my bad. isnt it usually sutcliff? well, Brantley is a dumbass then.I think Sutcliffe does the Sunday night ESPN games. Brantley is a tool.

balke
That's what I was saying in that other loaiza all-star conspiracy thread. ESPN has said Loaiza has been unhappy. And I think Hawk has made some comments alluding to it. He probably wanted his contract sured up like Buerhle's 3 year deal, or Garcia's 3 year deal. Instead he's been kinda ignored, and shopped around for a while. And was pitching poorly as of late. I'm expecting his Era to drop again with the yanks, and I'll be angry. This is someone who should've been locked down for at least another year or two.

illinibk
08-04-2004, 07:05 PM
I can't stand Brantley. First, he never makes a good point. Second, he talsk with his hands too much, and that is very annoying. And third, he looks like Illinois football coach Ron Turner. The last point in and of itself is enough reason not to believe him one bit.

samram

That's the ESPN thought process- no player is happy unless he plays for the Yankees, BoSox, or Cubs.

So far though, he has a lot bigger strike zone than he had probably all year.

Aidan
That's what I was saying in that other loaiza all-star conspiracy thread. ESPN has said Loaiza has been unhappy. And I think Hawk has made some comments alluding to it. He probably wanted his contract sured up like Buerhle's 3 year deal, or Garcia's 3 year deal. Instead he's been kinda ignored, and shopped around for a while. And was pitching poorly as of late. I'm expecting his Era to drop again with the yanks, and I'll be angry. This is someone who should've been locked down for at least another year or two.I liked what I saw from Contreras more than what I've been seeing from Loaiza this season. Now we have Contreras locked up at $12 million for 2 years. His stuff blows Loaiza's away. Granted, it was the Royals but his breaking ball was unhittable last night.

balke
08-04-2004, 07:07 PM
P.S. Espn never has anything to say good about the white sox. They tend to talk about the cubs through the entire broadcast, whenever there is a sox game on, and talk about how they have better fans.

They have some of the worst broadcasters, and the most biased opinions. Death to the tyrants! :angry:

balke
08-04-2004, 07:18 PM
AHHH. ALready feeling better. 4 runs through 4, same old Este. No goatee.

Huisj
08-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Brantley was going on and on saying this same stuff saturday on baseball tonight. I really don't think he's watched him pitch or looked at his stats all year, or else he'd have to know better. When he gave up that homer to byrnes and Berman said something about how Loaiza's given up way too many homers, Brantley sounded surprised and then tried to defend himself by saying something about his cutter being so good that it moves too much and people hit it, and then he said he's only thrown 1 or 2 bad pitches. Berman then pointed out that he has 3 walks too tonight that have hurt him, and Brantley again had nothing to say. The guy is a total moron. Saying that he pitched lousy because he was unhappy is kind of backwards. I think it was more like he may have been unhappy because he pitched lousy, and that lousy pitching cost him a contract extension.

Aidan
08-04-2004, 07:48 PM
A few posts from the MLB.com Yankee forums...
If we lose white sox fan will sing the "I told you so" song loud and clear.5-3 A's. Jose Contreras is laughing in Chicago right now........yes now i see why this was such a good trade. i now see how this guy is better than contreras. yes, this is much betterFinal out, Finally...
Loiza s^cks...
A new city ain't gonna make his FastBall speed up 5 MPH and make his Cutter have movement and speed up...It'll make no difference if we get to Harden, if Esteban keeps giving up runs. I'm about to throw in the towel, I'm so p!ssed :(:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Cerberus-WG
08-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Teamed with Chris Berman, Brantley is actually the smarter of the two in the booth.

Let that thought sink in, boys and girls.

Iguana775
08-04-2004, 08:25 PM
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Ahhhhh.....I am so happy that NY fans realize how much last year was a fluke.

I went to the store and Brantley was still stroking Loaiza's ego. he is a complete moron.

eurotrash35
08-04-2004, 08:30 PM
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
http://www.mcdonalds.es/logo.gif

Huisj
08-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Teamed with Chris Berman, Brantley is actually the smarter of the two in the booth.

Let that thought sink in, boys and girls.
i can't stand berman either, but tonight he definitely seemed to know more about the players in the game, such as loaiza. He knew that loaiza has been stuggling and brantley didn't have a clue.

Soxzilla
08-04-2004, 09:55 PM
:eloaiza:
"Dudes, I gave up less runs than innings pitched. What do these yankmees want me to do!?! Have a 4.00 era!?!? Blasphemy! Maybe they should score more than 6 runs a game!"

ihatethecubs
08-04-2004, 10:15 PM
esteban looks dumb without his goatee

Lip Man 1
08-04-2004, 10:32 PM
When the Sox stop averaging a whole 83 wins a season (last six years...) then maybe they'll get some 'respect.' As it now stands you'd have a hard time making a case that they deserve ANY since 2000 (and that was a fluke season...)

Lip

Realist
08-05-2004, 08:09 AM
What did 2000 have that the last 4 years didn't have? The answer: A bench clearing brawl. This is not the first time I've brought this up, and I've already admitted that I bring the idea up half jokingly.

The fact of the matter is, the only two pitchers on the Sox staff with "a pair" this year appear to be Buehrle and Takatsu. Garcia has shown some chutzpah once in awhile since he's come here, and I imagine his "boys" will come through to scare the poop outta enough batters when all is said and done, but there has been absolutely no fire from the starting pitching or even the relief pitching outside of the above mentioned examples.

How often have any of us said, "Holy crap!! he damn near took that guy's head off with THAT pitch!!" this year? I'm guessing never. It's as if the vast majority of our pitchers have all successfully concluded some sort of "sensitivity training" in their approach to batters. Screw that. One element that some of these obnoxious "stat heads" never discuss is the importance of intimidation in any sport. I grew up playing ice hockey and it's a huge factor in hockey. Granted, intimidation is not as huge a factor in baseball, but it is not to be overlooked or taken lightly.

At the early stages of the season our bats were scaring the living poop out of the opposing teams. Because of it, their pitchers often rose to the occasion and put forth brilliant efforts against our bats. The fact that we didn't hit in many of those games wasn't always or often the incompatence of our bats. The opposing pitchers were actually pitching the games of their lives out of total fear of our line ups.

Our pitchers rarely did the same. Hence a bajillion long balls against them.

I would love nothing more than to see Garland send some chin music to the first 6 batters he faces this evening. The second even one of them gives him even the slightest dirty look, he should charge the plate and punch the guy right in the face.

Trade Schoeneweis for the Hanson Brothers and hire an ambulance to circle the Cell with the siren going. If we're gonna go down, let's go down fighting instead of removing the urinals from the Sox clubhouse and installing more stalls. Sheesh. The entire team CAN'T squat when they pee, can it?

</end frustrated rant>

"Puttin' on the foil, coach! Yeah... every game!"

Iguana775
08-05-2004, 08:45 AM
What did 2000 have that the last 4 years didn't have? The answer: A bench clearing brawl. This is not the first time I've brought this up, and I've already admitted that I bring the idea up half jokingly.

The fact of the matter is, the only two pitchers on the Sox staff with "a pair" this year appear to be Buehrle and Takatsu. Garcia has shown some chutzpah once in awhile since he's come here, and I imagine his "boys" will come through to scare the poop outta enough batters when all is said and done, but there has been absolutely no fire from the starting pitching or even the relief pitching outside of the above mentioned examples.

How often have any of us said, "Holy crap!! he damn near took that guy's head off with THAT pitch!!" this year? I'm guessing never. It's as if the vast majority of our pitchers have all successfully concluded some sort of "sensitivity training" in their approach to batters. Screw that. One element that some of these obnoxious "stat heads" never discuss is the importance of intimidation in any sport. I grew up playing ice hockey and it's a huge factor in hockey. Granted, intimidation is not as huge a factor in baseball, but it is not to be overlooked or taken lightly.

At the early stages of the season our bats were scaring the living poop out of the opposing teams. Because of it, their pitchers often rose to the occasion and put forth brilliant efforts against our bats. The fact that we didn't hit in many of those games wasn't always or often the incompatence of our bats. The opposing pitchers were actually pitching the games of their lives out of total fear of our line ups.

Our pitchers rarely did the same. Hence a bajillion long balls against them.

I would love nothing more than to see Garland send some chin music to the first 6 batters he faces this evening. The second even one of them gives him even the slightest dirty look, he should charge the plate and punch the guy right in the face.

Trade Schoeneweis for the Hanson Brothers and hire an ambulance to circle the Cell with the siren going. If we're gonna go down, let's go down fighting instead of removing the urinals from the Sox clubhouse and installing more stalls. Sheesh. The entire team CAN'T squat when they pee, can it?

</end frustrated rant>

"Puttin' on the foil, coach! Yeah... every game!"
I agree. this team needs to show some anger and start kicking some ass. The twins sent a major message last week and the Sox just sat there and took it. The next day after Hunter drilled the catcher, the twins catcher should have been taken out. send a damn message right back that the Sox wont back down from a challenge. but now, they just went and hid like a little bitch.

owensmouth
08-05-2004, 08:48 AM
What did 2000 have that the last 4 years didn't have?

Two very hot starting pitchers, especially in the first half of the season, when the team ran away from the rest of the league. James Baldwin and Cal Elred were both heading for 20 win seasons when they were felled by injuries. The second half, the Sox staggered thru with an adequate starting staff that was enroute to the emergency room by the end of the series with Seattle.

Realist
08-06-2004, 07:56 AM
they just went and hid like a little bitch.If the season continues on the same path the last couple of weeks has gone, and they decide to make a compilation video at the end of the season, it should be rightfully called "The 2004 Chicago White Sox: They Just Went and Hid Like a Little Bitch".

Hell, I'll throw 'em $30 bucks for the tape just outta respect for truth in advertising.

:redneck

Iguana775
08-06-2004, 08:44 AM
If the season continues on the same path the last couple of weeks has gone, and they decide to make a compilation video at the end of the season, it should be rightfully called "The 2004 Chicago White Sox: They Just Went and Hid Like a Little Bitch".

Hell, I'll throw 'em $30 bucks for the tape just outta respect for truth in advertising.

:redneck
LMAO....Nice play....

:supernana:

balke
08-06-2004, 10:06 AM
2nd game between Yanks and A's, ESPN made a public "apology" for Loaiza due to those false comments on his behalf. Loaiza made them go on air and tell how he enjoyed playing for the white sox, and would be perfectly happy to be pitching in Chicago right now. Moron commentators are always trying to make up a lame story to make the Yanks look better, they are strokes.

I'm off the Loaiza conspiracy theory, and just look at him as someone who got traded for hopes of bettering this franchise.

bobj4400
08-06-2004, 10:19 AM
2nd game between Yanks and A's, ESPN made a public "apology" for Loaiza due to those false comments on his behalf. Loaiza made them go on air and tell how he enjoyed playing for the white sox, and would be perfectly happy to be pitching in Chicago right now. Moron commentators are always trying to make up a lame story to make the Yanks look better, they are strokes.

I'm off the Loaiza conspiracy theory, and just look at him as someone who got traded for hopes of bettering this franchise.
wow...now i feel bad for ripping steve and wishing him bad luck in his first outing for yanks.

daslobo
08-06-2004, 11:49 AM
I can't confirm anything and it may be just hearsay but I heard the Sox weren't happy with Loaiza because they felt he was holding back so he didn't get injured in a contract year.

IF true {

good riddance. I'd be furious with him.
}
ELSE
{
Still like the deal. JC is locked in and has some nasty stuff if he can pull it together he can dominate.
}