PDA

View Full Version : **Official** Yankmees Vs A's -E-blow's debut

JoseCanseco6969
08-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Loaiza serves up a homer A's 1-0!

JoseCanseco6969
08-04-2004, 06:32 PM
now this idiot is blaming Loaiza's struggles in chicago as a result of "his unhappiness in Chicago!" When the hell did he say he was unhappy???? IF it wasnt for KW this chump would be watching these games from his TV. Unbelievable

Frankfan4life
08-04-2004, 06:38 PM
now this idiot is blaming Loaiza's struggles in chicago as a result of "his unhappiness in Chicago!" When the hell did he say he was unhappy???? IF it wasnt for KW this chump would be watching these games from his TV. UnbelievableI just said the same thing on the other Loaiza thread. This is just more Sox bashing if you ask me.

Corlose 15
08-04-2004, 06:43 PM
now this idiot is blaming Loaiza's struggles in chicago as a result of "his unhappiness in Chicago!" When the hell did he say he was unhappy???? IF it wasnt for KW this chump would be watching these games from his TV. Unbelievable
I usually like Jeff Brantly but he's an absolute moron if he thinks that's why Loaiza was struggling. Could be that perhaps he's lost 5mph on his pitches and his cutter is flat? Although you really can't expect anyone on ESPN to say the Yankees made an even trade with the lowly Sox.

MetalliSox
08-04-2004, 06:44 PM
I think he meant he was unhappy in Chicago because he wasn't pitching well.

Anyway, that run support comment by Loaiza rubbed me the wrong way, so I hope he gets bombed.

JoseCanseco6969
08-04-2004, 06:50 PM
I think he meant he was unhappy in Chicago because he wasn't pitching well.

Anyway, that run support comment by Loaiza rubbed me the wrong way, so I hope he gets bombed.
well even if thats what he meant, im sure everyone watching this crap they call a broadcast is going to take it as he was simply unhappy playing for the sox.
Then the moron said "i STILL cant believe this trade"

Aidan
08-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Loaiza pitching the same way he did with us this season. Off the plate, off the plate, off the plate. Where did E-Lo's balls go from last season?

JGarlandrules20
08-04-2004, 06:55 PM
He looks so different...without his goatee.

It's sad.

Aidan
08-04-2004, 06:57 PM
He looks so different...without his goatee.

It's sad.He does look completely different. He looks like a "white guy" now.

Rocklive99
08-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Some YES Network quotes:

"Loaiza has such pin point control, it's unbelieveable."
"No one around here could believe that we got some one the calibar of Loaiza!"
"Contreras has better stuff, but the difference is Contreras is a thrower, and Loaiza is a pitcher."

Puhhleasee, these guys obviously don't keep great track of what goes on around the league, and all of the media is actin like this was a white flag trade and believe we gave up Loaiza. I love this trade, it works for so many reasons, and I can't wait for the rest of the world to see it. I did like ELo and wished him success, until I heard the stuff about wanting Freddy money, no run support, and not liking it here.

Oh well, enough of this game, go get em Sho

CWSGuy406
08-04-2004, 07:11 PM
THREE RUN HOMER!

4-2 A's! :bandance:

ndgt10
08-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Byrnes with a 3 run shot to straight away center...

JoseCanseco6969
08-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Byrnes with a 3 run shot to straight away center...
You can put it on the board YESSSS!!!!!!!!!

Aidan
08-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Loaiza has given up 2 homers so far and the second one being a huge 3-run jack to dead center field. Now, Berman is talking about the "downside" of Loaiza -- giving up a ton of homers. :tongue: He has given up 25 homers this season!!! :o:

Frankfan4life
08-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Right now he's not real happy in NY too! Maybe if he pitched better he'd be happier!

Nard
08-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Halfway to the 8 ER mark... come on you can do it Esty.

Aidan
08-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Olerud is 2 for 2 with 2 RBIs. He can still hit singles with the best of them. Does anyone still want to pass on him? He would be a nice DH with Carl in RF. :whiner:

nitetrain8601
08-04-2004, 07:35 PM
5-3

JoseCanseco6969
08-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Olerud is 2 for 2 with 2 RBIs. He can still hit singles with the best of them. Does anyone still want to pass on him? He would be a nice DH with Carl in RF. :whiner:
yeah everyone bashed me with that idea, oh well...

Frankfan4life
08-04-2004, 07:49 PM
A lead-off walk and a double. At least Ozzie has someone getting ready in the bp but this game is probably already out of reach.

8-0 Bad Guys :(:

JoseCanseco6969
08-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Loaiza has got to be done this game, 111 pitches 4 BB, 6 hits 6 ks 5 ER...numbers look familiar????

Jerko
08-04-2004, 08:16 PM
I can't be too happy that ELO is doing poorly tonight considering the spanking we're taking right now. What is it 9-0?

Frankfan4life
08-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Lots of apologies for Loaiza's pitching performance today. The announcers said he pitched better than the numbers indicated and they said he had a pretty nice debut but he was probably nervous and anxious. They just won't admit the Yankmees may have gotten yanked.

I still wish Loaiza the best, but I believe we got the better deal.

Aidan
08-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Lots of apologies for Loaiza's pitching performance today. The announcers said he pitched better than the numbers indicated and they said he had a pretty nice debut but he was probably nervous and anxious. They just won't admit the Yankmees may have gotten yanked.

I still wish Loaiza the best, but I believe we got the better deal.Yep, I heard this. The announcers (Berman and Brantley) kept making excuses for Loaiza saying he was nervous because it was his first career start as a Yankee. :rolleyes:

doublem23
08-04-2004, 09:39 PM
One game? Hitting in the Yankees' lineup is far easier than the Sox's without Frank and Maggs anyway.

And to answer your question, Yes, I would still pass on him.

the_valenstache
08-04-2004, 10:01 PM
And to answer your question, Yes, I would still pass on him.Thank you. Olerud would have been the ultimate last ditch effort, that - unless he somehow re-energized our entire lineup and led some sort of magical playoff charge (which, I don't think anyone in their right minds thinks he's capable of at this point in his 74-year career) - would be a waste of money and a roster spot that we'd be better off filling with a developing player if we hit the skids entirely(I'm still blindly optimistic, though.)

On another topic, the title of this thread makes me feel dirty.

Baby Fisk
08-05-2004, 08:38 AM
:eloaiza:

"These Yankee bastards gave me no run support!"

Jerko
08-05-2004, 09:08 AM

I still wish Loaiza the best, but I believe we got the better deal.
They also said about 20 times how the 3 run homer he gave up was on "such a good pitch". I was getting sick listening to that so I turned it off. Then on BBall tonite, same thing; "Oh, that was a great pitchers pitch that he gave up that homerun on". Well, no it wasnt.

skobabe8
08-05-2004, 03:19 PM
ESPN is quickly moving up the "Things that Sox fans hate" list.

Rocklive99
08-05-2004, 03:34 PM
The YES Network crew got more down to earth. "This doesn't seem like the same pitcher that we saw the first 3 innings. The pinpoint control is gone."

ESPN is quickly moving up the "Things that Sox fans hate" list.
They keep mentioning how we got ripped off in this trade and act like this was a white flag for us. Plus what they said about Elo not liking Chicago not being true. Also, on BBTN, they did the Out Of The Box segment in the beginning, and they showed us losing to KC 11-0 (we are never on there when winning), and after a silence after announcing the score, you heard a lot of laughter, and then they cut to the next game. Screw them, maybe they should laugh at the joke BBTN has become with guys like Kruk.

The Wimperoo
08-05-2004, 04:01 PM
The YES Network crew got more down to earth. "This doesn't seem like the same pitcher that we saw the first 3 innings. The pinpoint control is gone."

They keep mentioning how we got ripped off in this trade and act like this was a white flag for us. Plus what they said about Elo not liking Chicago not being true. Also, on BBTN, they did the Out Of The Box segment in the beginning, and they showed us losing to KC 11-0 (we are never on there when winning), and after a silence after announcing the score, you heard a lot of laughter, and then they cut to the next game. Screw them, maybe they should laugh at the joke BBTN has become with guys like Kruk.
Calm the bitterness down. They showed us Out of the Box the night before as well with Contreras' debut. We won that game didn't we? What do you want them to do when talking about that joke of a game last night? All you can do is laugh when a team gets absolutely destroyed by one of the worst teams in baseball and worst pitcher in baseball.