PDA

View Full Version : Waivers

lowesox
08-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Do any of you with links to front offices know which players have passed through waivers or which ones are expected to?

Just wondering, because I don't think the sox are done making moves just yet.

fledgedrallycap
08-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Purely speculative, but MLB has a list of potentials:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040701&content_id=785431&vkey=news_mlb_nd&fext=.jsp

OurBitchinMinny
08-04-2004, 03:46 PM
I was reading on another sox board that larry walker is going to be waived by the rockies. There was link to the story on espn.com. He has put his house in denver on the market. However he did veto trades to texas and florida so I dont know what his interest level in the sox would be

jabrch
08-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Walker has a few years left on a heavy contract. He'd clear waivers in a heartbeat - but I wouldn't want to pick up the rest of that deal.

Mohoney
08-04-2004, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't mind Mike Myers, Ron Villone, or Shigetoshi Hasegawa.

Maybe we could put together a package for Myers and Hasegawa. They would be good upgrades over Neal Cotts and Jon Adkins, who could go to AAA and start games, then both come back as September call-ups.

That is, unless we have these guys pegged as future relievers and not as future starters.

With only 2 more off days the rest of the season, we need fresh bullpen arms, and I think that these two guys would fit the bill.

OEO Magglio
08-04-2004, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't mind Mike Myers, Ron Villone, or Shigetoshi Hasegawa.

Maybe we could put together a package for Myers and Hasegawa. They would be good upgrades over Neal Cotts and Jon Adkins, who could go to AAA and start games (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=161,28012355,whitesoxinteractiv e.com,1), then both come back as September call-ups.

That is, unless we have these guys pegged as future relievers and not as future starters.

With only 2 more off days the rest of the season, we need fresh bullpen arms, and I think that these two guys would fit the bill.Adkins is always going to be a reliever, Cotts is a future starter.

kittle42
08-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Just wondering, because I don't think the sox are done making moves just yet.
I'll take that bet and give you odds.

Mickster
08-04-2004, 04:56 PM
How much??? :D:

lowesox
08-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Really? You honestly think Kenny is done making moves? I don't mean to ask you that in a challenging way. I'm just surprised that you would think that.

Kenny has a never say die attitude. I don't think he'll quit on this team - especially since he's pretty far in already.

Does anybody know if there's been any articles at all saying that we're done trying to get new players. I suspect we'll still get at least one reliever and possibly Jason Kendall or an outfielder. (Not Walker though, apparently, he only wants to play for the Yankees).

Mickster
08-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Really? You honestly think Kenny is done making moves? I don't mean to ask you that in a challenging way. I'm just surprised that you would think that.

Kenny has a never say die attitude. I don't think he'll quit on this team - especially since he's pretty far in already.

Does anybody know if there's been any articles at all saying that we're done trying to get new players. I suspect we'll still get at least one reliever and possibly Jason Kendall or an outfielder. (Not Walker though, apparently, he only wants to play for the Yankees).
The last I heard, we're not done yet. And that was AFTER Saturday's non-waiver trade deadline. Expect at lease some moves.

steff
08-04-2004, 05:48 PM
The last I heard, we're not done yet. And that was AFTER Saturday's non-waiver trade deadline. Expect at lease some moves.

"Rebuild" Is a phrase I keep hearing... :rolleyes:

Mickster
08-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Did I miss out on the white flag trades, then? :cool:

steff
08-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Did I miss out on the white flag trades, then? :cool:

Apparently the sarcasm meter is still off on your end.

BeerHandle
08-04-2004, 06:05 PM
That is one of our problems. Champions reload (year after year) and don't rebuild. I hope "rebuilding" is not the direction of this team.:o:

whitesoxwilkes
08-04-2004, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing us get Matt Stairs. Some pop, decent fielder and a veteran.

Plus, he looks like the kind of guy you'd see playing 16" in the park with a beer in his hand on a Thursday night.