PDA

View Full Version : Songs Sox play when going to bat-

SoxxoS
08-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Cool stuff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3/story?page=songs/whitesox

soltrain21
08-04-2004, 03:03 PM
How come we didn't get descriptions underneath? I found those rather interesting.

SoxxoS
08-04-2004, 03:12 PM
How come we didn't get descriptions underneath? I found those rather interesting.
Because it's ESPN.

habibharu
08-04-2004, 03:14 PM
interesting

SomebodyToldMe
08-04-2004, 03:16 PM
hahahaha

willie's song is "Freek-A-Leek".

he just got a little respect from me.

SoxxoS
08-04-2004, 03:21 PM
hahahaha

You saw the interview about all the jersey chasers that wait in the lobby on ESPN in the offseason, didn't you?

SomebodyToldMe
08-04-2004, 03:29 PM
You saw the interview about all the jersey chasers that wait in the lobby on ESPN in the offseason, didn't you?
no i didn't.

JohnBasedowYoda
08-04-2004, 03:43 PM
i always wanted to know the name of the guys that do the "salsa metal" for maggs

Fisk72
08-04-2004, 03:50 PM
I was at last Wednesday's game (which happened to be E-Lo's last start for us, as well) and notice Ben Davis' intro song. After hearing everyone else's loud, heavy metal, salsa, etc., I was totally thrown off with his soft, mood-killing country music. I'm not sure if any of you guys have noticed this, but it's pretty lame. Then again, it's his choice and whatever will get him in the groove, right? :D:

JohnBasedowYoda
08-04-2004, 03:57 PM
if i was a player i'd pick the weirdest,craziest junk. maybe "super bon bon" by soul coughing or something by prince

ozzman
08-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Paulie often plays the beginnings of either Anthrax - What doesn't die or SOD's - March of the SOD

cuz seargant d is comin, and youre on his list...

South Side
08-04-2004, 04:04 PM
hahahaha

I could have sworen that Willie's was "I Like That" the last time I was there which was at the beginning of July and Frank had a different one.

bafiarocks03
08-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Paulie often plays the beginnings of either Anthrax - What doesn't die or SOD's - March of the SOD

cuz seargant d is comin, and youre on his list...

Paul's song is usually Ozzy's "Crazy Train"

bafiarocks03
08-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Thats cool.....very cool....Aaron always has Linkin Park playing....when im there....they play LP's "Breaking the Habit" which is awesome....oh I love Willie Harris!!

ozzman
08-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Paul's song is usually crazy train, but once a game or so they play one of the other two i mentioned

SoxxoS
08-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Thats cool.....very cool....Aaron always has Linkin Park playing....when im there....they play LP's "Breaking the Habit" which is awesome....oh I love Willie Harris!!
You like a lot of bad players, I'll tell you that. :o:

Foulke You
08-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Paul's song is usually crazy train, but once a game or so they play one of the other two i mentioned
This year he has used Crazy Train quite a bit but I've also heard the following tunes played by Paulie before his ABs:

AC/DC- "Hell's Bells"
Metallica- "Battery"
Metallica- "Ain't My Bitch"

Paulie and I have similar taste in music :cool:

Soxaholic
08-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Konerko also has Powerman 5000's "Free" played quite a bit when I'm at the games. I know "Free" was played more last year, but I still hear it this year. I usually hear Metallica, Ozzy, AC/DC, or Powerman when Konerko is up. "Hell's Bells" still gives me the chills. They played that song right before Konerko hit the go-ahead HR against the Cubs a few years ago. I remember that moment every time that song is played. :D:

ND_Sox_Fan
08-04-2004, 05:43 PM
I was at last Wednesday's game (which happened to be E-Lo's last start for us, as well) and notice Ben Davis' intro song. After hearing everyone else's loud, heavy metal, salsa, etc., I was totally thrown off with his soft, mood-killing country music. I'm not sure if any of you guys have noticed this, but it's pretty lame. Then again, it's his choice and whatever will get him in the groove, right? :D:
Borchard also had country. I am a big country fan, so that did kind of throw me off, but I liked it.

Erik The Red
08-04-2004, 05:50 PM
I've heard the opening riff to Anthrax - What Doesn't Die being played over the PA between innings. I've also heard the chorus to Anthrax - Strappin' On My Old School.

space_monkey
08-04-2004, 06:21 PM
as of right now, i wouldnt say that rowand is that bad...

JB98
08-04-2004, 06:31 PM
I think Crede should get rid of "Voodoo" as his intro song. He was swinging the bat much better in the second half last year when he was using "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck" by Prong.

bafiarocks03
08-04-2004, 07:16 PM

Whats that supposed to mean....all i said was that was the song they played when Aaron was up!!:bandance:

he_gone_89
08-04-2004, 07:49 PM
I think Crede should get rid of "Voodoo" as his intro song. He was swinging the bat much better in the second half last year when he was using "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck" by Prong.
Prong didn't make "Snap your Fingers,Snap your neck"
that was made by Grinspoon