PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for Optimism

HebrewHammer
08-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Well, I don't want to put a Darrin Jackson-like jinx on this but, as defeated as the White Sox were in July, they are currently undefeated in August! 2-0! Woo-hoo!:gulp:

Contreras also appears to have his head on straight, he doesn't have the vengeance thing going for him, he sitting right around a 1.3 on the vengeance scale, just above Zack and Slater throwing punch at each other during a SBTB episode.

Injuries and tough schedule stretches happen to every team, yes I'm looking at you Minnesota, hey Jaque, Torii, how do those hamstrings feel? Just wait till you get to Oakland Ron, if the White Sox have taught me anything its that NO ONE can win there.
:rolleyes:

I no longer live in Wrigleyville, 9 months was all I could take and all my lease was good for, good-bye and good riddance, now I get to watch homeless guys outside the Walgreens across from my apt instead of yuppie drillrod ScRubs fans peeing on my patio.
:bandance:

Lip Man 1
08-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Hebrew:

Of course it would help to have the Twins lose don't ya think? Whatever happened to their 'tough' schedule?

Lip

Cubbiesuck13
08-04-2004, 01:18 PM
hebrew, you should have talked to daver about aquiring a firearm to scare the yuppies pissless

Dub25
08-04-2004, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=HebrewHammer]
Injuries and tough schedule stretches happen to every team, yes I'm looking at you Minnesota, hey Jaque, Torii, how do those hamstrings feel?

Do they really have hamstring problems?:tongue: :D: :tongue: :D:

fledgedrallycap
08-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Do they really have hamstring problems?:tongue: :D: :tongue: :D:No. Coach Lovie isn't their manager :)

jshanahanjr
08-04-2004, 01:56 PM
If the Sox can take care of business and sweep the Royals twice and take 3 of 4 from the Tribe, then were right back in it. The Royals are so bad it has to be done.

Skorch
08-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Do they really have hamstring problems?:tongue: :D: :tongue: :D:
If they do it's news to me since I follow the team. Stewart's Plantar Fasciitis is nagging but he can play on it fine. Mauer's having his knee re-evaluated. Balfour is dealing with Tendinitis but was throwing in the bullpen last night. Punto's out for the season. I haven't heard anything about Hunter and Jones having hammy problems, they both played last night just fine.

Anyhow, I'll concur there's still a chance this division will get decided in the last 2 weeks of the season.

Mohoney
08-04-2004, 02:20 PM
If the Sox can take care of business and sweep the Royals twice and take 3 of 4 from the Tribe, then were right back in it. The Royals are so bad it has to be done.

That's still a VERY TALL ORDER. You're talking about going 9-1 in these 10 games. I would hope for a more realistic 7-3 and that SOMEBODY, ANYBODY beats the Twins in a series at the Dome.

If we can pull to within 2 games of the division lead by September 1, we still have a shot. We just need to beat the Twins 4 or maybe even 5 times in those HUGE September meetings.