PDA

View Full Version : Who's telling the truth? Nomar or the Bolsox?

flo-B-flo
08-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Conflicting stories coming from Nomar and Theo Epstein. Who is telling the truth? Will time tell? This does involve two totally loser attitudes? Do we care?

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Do we care? Nope. As long as the Red Sox and Cubs lose, I don't really care. :D:

gosox41
08-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Nope. As long as the Red Sox and Cubs lose, I don't really care. :D:
Well they both won tonight. Let me know when you do care. I care because I work with a bunch of idiot Cub fans.

And I think Nomar is lying. I say that because the Red Sox were unable to get full value for him in a trade. Sure they were desperate to dump him but a lot of teams may have been scared off. Nomar has proven to be nothing but a cry baby.

I wish him all the worst with the Cubs. He should have signed that $60 mill contract when it was offered to him. It's yet another instance where being greedy didn't payoff.

Bob

Uncle_Patrick
08-03-2004, 11:18 PM
Conflicting stories coming from Nomar and Theo Epstein. Who is telling the truth? Will time tell? This does involve two totally loser attitudes? Do we care?
I think there's a little truth to both sides, and a lot of mistruths in between. Anyway, who cares? Think about it. Boston was treating one of its superstar, franchise players, pretty shabbily. So, the team has no loyalty. No exactly uncommon in professional sports. Nomar was was pissed about it, had a bad attitude, and became a cancer in the clubhouse. If the rumors are true, and he was milking injuries, he was totally an unprofessional baby. Even if he was truly hurt, spreading his pouting, bad vibes around the clubhouse is still very weak. They both suck.

joeynach
08-04-2004, 09:00 AM
I think there's a little truth to both sides, and a lot of mistruths in between. Anyway, who cares? Think about it. Boston was treating one of its superstar, franchise players, pretty shabbily. So, the team has no loyalty. No exactly uncommon in professional sports. Nomar was was pissed about it, had a bad attitude, and became a cancer in the clubhouse. If the rumors are true, and he was milking injuries, he was totally an unprofessional baby. Even if he was truly hurt, spreading his pouting, bad vibes around the clubhouse is still very weak. They both suck.
I think its all Nomar. He lied to the BoSox becuase he wanted out ASAP and had hard feelings after they tried to ship him to us to bring in Arod. Nomar was waiting for the right time to use his slight injury to his advantage of convincing Boston he was more hurt then he really was so he would be dealt. Nomar was bitter to the BoSox from the whole Arod deal that never happened. But its not there fault. They offered Nomar a 4 year 60 mil deal a year ago and he rejected it. I have no idea why. He gave the impression he wanted to leave or play hardball or whatever. Nevertheless that with the fake injusry was enough for Boston to say they should deal him and they did. Its called a scandal, and they seem to follow the cubs the past 2 years and with baker.

Flight #24
08-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Interestingly enough, the BoSox admit that there was "a portion that was deferred", but " I didn't think the deferral was a big deal because we knew the Red Sox would be there and No.2, interest rates were low". (Per Sox owner John Henry)

And here I thought any usage of deferred money was not only unique to JR, but also a huge concession for the player to make!

I also recall some arguing that players don't accept it from the ChiSox but they do from other teams because they don't beleive that the $$$ will go to better the team. I guess the BoSox must not really want to field a winner either.