PDA

View Full Version : The unfortunate times of Boyer?

34rancher
08-03-2004, 11:36 PM
First off, I like the new stuff, and think he is doing a wonderful job. I also know that this might have been discussed previously, but I think it has struck again. Ever since we have these new commercials, things have changed.

Ex. 1: The "We vs. Them"
Since this commercial, WE have gotten injured, THEY have gotten healthy.
WE have not been winning, THEY have (unfortune for both teams)

Ex. 2: "Frank Thomas"
Franks breaks his foot, sending the offense off a bit.

Ex. 3: "Welcome Freddy"
In the commercial, Freddy, MB, and Loaiza (did his own tailspin after these), the offense has gone downhill.

Ex. 4: "Paul Konerko & Shingo"
..............I guess Shingo hasn't gotten to pitch a lot since this one....

Just a thought.

voodoochile
08-03-2004, 11:56 PM
I don't know if you are trying to imply something or merely making an observation. I don't see any significance in the timing of the commercial. Everyone knew the flubbies were going to be healthier later in the season and they do have a $95M payroll, so completely sucking would be unlikely.

The Frank and Maggs losses are just the way the shin bone crumbles.

Still, it certainly sucks to be a Sox fan at the moment - compared to how high we were a week ago, and it does not suck to be a flubbie fan at the moment.

I don't worry about them as a rule, but I do find the commercials amusing. It's good timing too. The flubbies are at capacity. That bandwagon is FULL. So full that some long timers are tired of how full it is.

Now is the perfect time for the anti-flubbies ad campaign and Boyer nailed it. Not dead yet, but a winning streak would be WAY cool...

WinningUgly!
08-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Ex. 3: "Welcome Freddy"
In the commercial, Freddy, MB, and Loaiza (did his own tailspin after these), the offense has gone downhill.

I think they were watching film of one of Loaiza's last outings, during the making of that commercial.
:)

soltrain21
08-04-2004, 12:09 AM
They just showed the Paulie and Shingo commercial on Adult Swim (cartoon network).

I thought that was pretty cool.

34rancher
08-04-2004, 12:13 AM
I don't know if you are trying to imply something or merely making an observation.

Truly an observation. It just hit me watching the game. The commercial was on right before Crede tee-ed off for the homerun that our offense had not been producing like it could.