PDA

View Full Version : Sox in 2002

RKMeibalane
09-30-2001, 06:51 PM
In a way, it's a good thing the White Sox won't be playing in the post season this year. After everythng that's happened since last March, I don't know how well they would do against the Mariners or Yankees. All I have to say is this: next year will be different. The White Sox lost their best hitter and projected staff ace, yet they will still finish over .500. That says something. It says that the Chicago White Sox are a much better team than most people realize. Think about it. The Sox will finish with a record that is as good if not better than that of the Minnesota Twins, yet the Twins were on fire during the first half of the season. I realize that Minnesota slipped badly during the second half, but when one takes into consideration that the Sox never really got hot this year and still put up decent numbers, I have a feeling that they'll be back in the playoffs next season. Cleveland is pretty much done. They add players, but nothing worthwhile ever develops. They haven't been able to keep a core group together. Sure, Lofton is still there, and Thome has been around, but everyone else was brought in fairly recently. Alomar signed with them before last season, and Gonzalez is nothing more than a rent-a-player. He'll be hitting his forty homers somewhere else sooner or later. Travis Fryman is injured so often that I don't consider him a reliable player anymore. What good is his bat when it's never around. Branyon is the next Rob Deer, and Marty Cordova will sink back into the land of suckdom next year.

LongDistanceFan
09-30-2001, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
[FONT=arial]In a way, it's a good thing the White Sox won't be playing in the post season this year. After everythng that's happened since last March, I don't know how well they would do against the Mariners or Yankees. All I have to say is this: next year will be different. The White Sox lost their best hitter and projected staff ace, yet they will still finish over .500. That says something. It says that the Chicago White Sox are a much better team than most people realize. Think about it. The Sox will finish with a record that is as good if not better than that of the Minnesota Twins, yet the Twins were on fire during the first half of the season. FONT] i agree with you and i think most here agrees as well............ but we are still hard on our players, b/c we accept nothing less. We all know that the future looks great, or at least i do.

GASHWOUND
09-30-2001, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
In a way, it's a good thing the White Sox won't be playing in the post season this year. After everythng that's happened since last March, I don't know how well they would do against the Mariners or Yankees. All I have to say is this: next year will be different. The White Sox lost their best hitter and projected staff ace, yet they will still finish over .500. That says something. It says that the Chicago White Sox are a much better team than most people realize. Think about it. The Sox will finish with a record that is as good if not better than that of the Minnesota Twins, yet the Twins were on fire during the first half of the season. I realize that Minnesota slipped badly during the second half, but when one takes into consideration that the Sox never really got hot this year and still put up decent numbers, I have a feeling that they'll be back in the playoffs next season. Cleveland is pretty much done. They add players, but nothing worthwhile ever develops. They haven't been able to keep a core group together. Sure, Lofton is still there, and Thome has been around, but everyone else was brought in fairly recently. Alomar signed with them before last season, and Gonzalez is nothing more than a rent-a-player. He'll be hitting his forty homers somewhere else sooner or later. Travis Fryman is injured so often that I don't consider him a reliable player anymore. What good is his bat when it's never around. Branyon is the next Rob Deer, and Marty Cordova will sink back into the land of suckdom next year.

I still would've liked to go to the playoffs, who cares if we would've been the worse of the bunch..Thats not stopping Cleveland. And accordig the Toon fans, we won't be winnning any divisions for years to come. The gaul of Toon fans. Do they have no shame?
I just hope everybody comes back 100% healthy and the same pitcher they were before injuries cause if they don't, it just doesn't matter. Got to go! :)