PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox win post game thread.

Daver
08-03-2004, 11:02 PM
That's two.

SoxFan76
08-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Good showing from the offense.

OEO Magglio
08-03-2004, 11:03 PM
That's two.Contreras looked good, Ben Davis all the sudden is hitting very well, willie looked good, jose and crede each homered, great game all around.:bandance: :bandance:

Nard
08-03-2004, 11:04 PM
This is the start of the MJ reign.

MJ will dominate from here on out.

Flight #24
08-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Nice solid first start from Contreras too. He pitches like that and we'll win a lot of games. It was the Royals, but nice to see.

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-03-2004, 11:05 PM
I love to see the white sox put the beat down on bad teams. We need to do this every time we face the royals.

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
Thats the kind of stuff this team is capable of doing and doing often. They just had a 7 game fart. I think the team is back now. THE CENTRAL IS OURS!!!:supernana: :dtroll: :bandance:

MRKARNO
That's two.
Six more to go (one for good luck)

Nard
08-03-2004, 11:07 PM
Good outing by Jose.

Was it just a coincidence that he was getting smacked at the end or is he really tipping his pitches?

Harris=God
My only dissapiontment in todays game was willie missed a home run by 3 feet

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE

Sorry for my stupidity but I am tired and I cant come up with who MJ is. :?:

Nard
08-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Mike Jackson, soon to be best in the pen after Shingo, Marte.

gosox41
08-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Thats the kind of stuff this team is capable of doing and doing often. They just had a 7 game fart. I think the team is back now. THE CENTRAL IS OURS!!!:supernana: :dtroll: :bandance:
All we need is Minnesota to lose. Same with Oakland and Anaheim and Texas.

Bob

OEO Magglio
08-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Good outing by Jose.

Was it just a coincidence that he was getting smacked at the end or is he really tipping his pitches?He really didn't get smacked he let up that homer to Harvey, a solid basehit, then there was an error, then a couple bloopers and seeing eye singles. He looked good 6 innings 2 earned runs, solid stuff. Also only 1 walk if he can keep his walk totals down he's going to be very good.

BigEdWalsh
I wish I could forget....

Brian26
Ben Davis showing a nice arm behind the plate tonight.

We need some help from Anaheim in the next two games!

Cowch44
08-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Mike Jackson, soon to be best in the pen after Shingo, Marte.
knock on wood:o:

Johnny Mostil
08-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Retired outfielder for the Birmingham Barons.

Well, that or current Sox reliever Mike Jackson.

Viva Magglio
08-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Simply put, a good solid win tonight. Granted, the win may be more an indication of how really bad the Royals are. Nevertheless, I'll take it.

Frankfan4life
08-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Great hitting, good pitching, fair fielding = an impressive White Sox win.
Excuse me but I've got some :bandance: to do.

Nard
08-03-2004, 11:12 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040627&content_id=782247&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

That started today.

BigEdWalsh
08-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Willie should be left in the 9th spot, IMO.

BlackAndWhite
08-03-2004, 11:15 PM
All we need is Minnesota to lose. Same with Oakland and Anaheim...

Gonna be kinda hard for that to all happen at once. (http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=min) :D:

OEO Magglio
08-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Willie should be left in the 9th spot, IMO.No doubt, arow and timo do a very nice job of setting the table and it takes less pressure off him to bat 9th also.

MRKARNO
08-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Simply put, a good solid win tonight. Granted, the win may be more an indication of how really bad the Royals are. Nevertheless, I'll take it. You want to own a team that you see for 8 of your last 11 games of the year as the White Sox do. If the Royals are this bad come last september, which they probably will be, it'll make things interesting if it's a close race.

Factoid of the day meant to inspire optimism:

The last time that the Twins beat the Yankees in the regular season was May 10th 2001.

No you're not misreading that. The Twins have gone 0-13 against the Yankees since them. Last year, the Yankees buried the Twins early, which was why they were playing from behind most of the way. The Twins have not yet seen the team that is the bane of their existance and they have 6 more games with them, including 3 in the Twins' penultimate series at Yankee Stadium

Cubbiesuck13
08-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Crede looked really good at the plate tonight. I am happy about that. and the fact that Contrarus (from now on he will be Jose to me) got his first win with first try.

Evman5
08-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Put my vote in for Wee Willie at the 9 spot!

Cowch44
08-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Crede looked really good at the plate tonight. I am happy about that. and the fact that Contrarus (from now on he will be Jose to me) got his first win with first try.
call him JC like I did

Cowch44
08-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Willie should be left in the 9th spot, IMO.
Great post. I couldn't agree with you more. Unless he goes like 0-10 in the 9 spot.

BigEdWalsh
08-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Great post. I couldn't agree with you more. Unless he goes like 0-10 in the 9 spot.
:redface: Aw shucks.

depy48
08-03-2004, 11:27 PM
That's two.
"we won yesterday, if we win today thats two in a row, if we win tomorrow its called a winning streak....it has happened before"
-major league

Flight #24
08-03-2004, 11:27 PM
All we need is Minnesota to lose. Same with Oakland and Anaheim and Texas.

Bob
Unfortunately, of the 5 teams we're contending with for a playoff spot, 4 won today (Boston, Minny, Oakland, Texas). Hopefully Anaheim can come through tomorrow, that's really the key. Get us to within 2 games in the next 2 weeks, support that with good news on Frank, and I think this team can ride some momentum, the schedule, and the return of the Big Hurt in last Aug to the division.

Cubbiesuck13
08-03-2004, 11:29 PM
call him JC like I did
You got it good buddy! Wait.....JC? Like Jesus Christ? I dunno...let's see him win a few more games and be like Mark Prior!

JorgeFabregas
08-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Unfortunately, of the 5 teams we're contending with for a playoff spot, 4 won today (Boston, Minny, Oakland, Texas). Hopefully Anaheim can come through tomorrow, that's really the key. Get us to within 2 games in the next 2 weeks, support that with good news on Frank, and I think this team can ride some momentum, the schedule, and the return of the Big Hurt in last Aug to the division.

What's the good word on Frank?

Cowch44
08-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Anderson(the guy going for KC tomorrow) is 1-9....so sadly we'll prolly lose:angry:

I'll give this to myself
:troll

Evman5
08-03-2004, 11:42 PM
Anderson(the guy going for KC tomorrow) is 1-9....so sadly we'll prolly lose:angry:
Can Contreras' nickname official be "The Count"? I think that would be a good nickname!

MRKARNO
08-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Can Contreras' nickname official be "The Count"? I think that would be a good nickname!
La Cuenta?

(The count, but also the check or the bill)

Gimm
08-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Biggest outing of Schoeneweiss's career.

He either beats a terrible team and extends a winning streak to 3 games, or he stops the tiny momentum dead in its tracks by pitching like a whiny, erratic bitch that he is.

What will it be, Scotty?

OEO Magglio
08-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Biggest outing of Schoeneweiss's career.

He either beats a terrible team and extends a winning streak to 3 games, or he stops the tiny momentum dead in its tracks by pitching like a whiny, erratic bitch that he is.Wow, that was unneeded.

StepsInSC
08-04-2004, 12:00 AM

Yet again the last line of my sig is validated.

Great inning by Jackson, he still sucks. The rate of change of his sucking might of decreased today, but its still sloping towards the sucking end of things.

Huisj
08-04-2004, 12:01 AM
They just had a 7 game fart.
Please don't let me eat the same thing that they did. That kind of gas would be awful.

Evman5
08-04-2004, 12:04 AM
La Cuenta?

(The count, but also the check or the bill)

Can you say El Cuenta? cause all great Spanish nicknames have to have El in the front.

Aidan
08-04-2004, 12:05 AM
My only dissapiontment in todays game was willie missed a home run by 3 feetHAHA! I know what ya mean. Willie flat out nutted that ball in a deep park. That could've been a homer in any other ballpark. I was pissed too. :whiner:

Contreras was solid until his one bad inning. He put himself in some bad counts but got out of them when he needed to with some NASTAY breaking balls.

Ben Davis is turning into a STUD!!! :tongue: WHERE IS THE BEN DAVIS FAN CLUB???

Gimm
08-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Wow, that was unneeded.So are most things that Herr Schoeneweiss says or does.

Sox need tommorrow's game in a worst way. Twins are not planning to lose any time soon. Right now is the time to show that we are NOT dead afterall by putting together a big winning streak against bad/mediocre teams. We're facing BP Anderson. Schoeneweiss has been garbage for a while now.

If he can't redeem himself and help the team win the game they reeeeally need to win, then, you know, to the bullpen you go, Scotty.

OEO Magglio
08-04-2004, 12:08 AM
I agree that we need a good outing from shoney. But now need to call him names he's pitched real well 2 of his last 3 outings.

TimoPerez
08-04-2004, 12:11 AM
Great game today. Rowand hit a homer, Timo got on base twice(Although he didn't get that run home with the bases loaded. He is almost always good for getting that run home), Konerko hit the grand slam, Ben Davis is the man, Willie Harris had a great day. Valentin hit one out. Jose Contreras was very impressive in his debut. I'm sure I am forgetting people, but it was a great day overall, for the entire team. What do you say the Sox win the rest of their games this year?:bandance:

kcsportscaster
08-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Two in a row!!!! I apologize for doing some hating on Contreras after the trade was made last Saturday. Six strong innings, allowing only two runs while the offense has awakened with 12 runs, including the salami by Paulie in the fifth!!!! Now if only those damned Twinkies would go away, but their schedule will be much tougher for most of the remainder of the season. Schoeneweis needs to have a good outing tomorrow night against the Royals instead of going back to the left hander who can't get it done and bitches about possibly being moved to the bullpen that he was earlier in the season!!!!

Cubbiesuck13
08-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Can you say El Cuenta? cause all great Spanish nicknames have to have El in the front.

An 'el' in the front means it is a masculane noun as opposed to a 'la' which is femine but the article has nothing to do with the acuall (proper) noun to which it is reffering so La Cuenta is correct if Cuenta is not Cuente even though the person you are reffering to is a male.

the_valenstache
08-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Is this because he got behind in "the count" several times tonight, but still managed to get guys out?

Good outing, but I could see a better hitting team taking advantage of his erratic style very easily.

I was hoping to see Sandy catch him and keep things calm, but Ben Davis proved to be a damn good choice. :gulp:

Evman5
08-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Aidan I sent you a personal message, if you could check it that would be great. Thanks!

pczarapa
08-04-2004, 12:20 AM

Hee hee, you'll never see MJ look like this except for sub-par teams - but it was fun to watch. I did like that dude who made the last out breaking his bat in disgust after being K'd by the big MJ.

Cubbiesuck13
08-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Is this because he got behind in "the count" several times tonight, but still managed to get guys out?

Good outing, but I could see a better hitting team taking advantage of his erratic style very easily.

I was hoping to see Sandy catch him and keep things calm, but Ben Davis proved to be a damn good choice. :gulp:
my question about the catcher was because of Sandy speaking Spanish, something JC speaks exclusivley. (dang my spelling is awfull) I figured Davis to catch Gacria because they are used to each other and Sandy catching JC and Burly (is that too often for Sandy?) and Burke for the rest

Evman5
08-04-2004, 12:28 AM

It was more because of his last name, however, I like that as an additional meaning!

mealfred13
08-04-2004, 02:56 AM
my question about the catcher was because of Sandy speaking Spanish, something JC speaks exclusivley. (dang my spelling is awfull) I figured Davis to catch Gacria because they are used to each other and Sandy catching JC and Burly (is that too often for Sandy?) and Burke for the rest
I think Davis was in there on account of his hitting lately while the team was sucking it up. Looks like playing time is doing it for him.

CWSGuy406
08-04-2004, 03:59 AM
Sorry, I'm a wee bit late here, but anyways, nice win tonight for the Sox. I really would like them to rattle off a bunch of wins in a row, that'd be real nice.

As for Contreras...

The only thing that worried me about Contreras' performance tonight was:

a.)his high amount of shake-offs from the catcher. But who knows, that might just be a pitcher and a catcher not knowing each other well enough yet. Probably, I should have expected it for his first start/first couple starts.

b.)it worried me that he was often getting behind hitters. Sure, he only had one walk, but early on, he was falling behind 2-1, 3-1. Luckily their hitters weren't taking advantage of the counts, but it will cost him in the future. Then again, I only saw his first three IP.

But - for a first start in the new uniform, nice job, Jose!