PDA

View Full Version : Mac, Jurko, & Harry

DVsoxfan
08-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Danny Mac officially declared the sox to be dead. He thinks that we cannot recover from our recent struggles. I can see we he, and a lot of other pessimists are coming from but come on people! Its August 2, were 5 games out of the division, and 3 and a half out in the wildcard. Were not 15 games below 500 or anything like that. We can still win this thing! Let's put last month behind us. Just because we are without our two big sluggers does not mean we cannot win. We can win with what we have, so lets get behind our sox.

chisox06
08-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Danny Mac officially declared the sox to be dead. He thinks that we cannot recover from our recent struggles. I can see we he, and a lot of other pessimists are coming from but come on people! Its August 2, were 5 games out of the division, and 3 and a half out in the wildcard. Were not 15 games below 500 or anything like that. We can still win this thing! Let's put last month behind us. Just because we are without our two big sluggers does not mean we cannot win. We can win with what we have, so lets get behind our sox.
It's things like this that made me so happy to see the Pistons with the NBA championship, and Im not a basketball fan. Not one "analyst" gave the Pistons even a fighting chance, and the Pistons stomped em, and all these idiots had to eat crow. The media is the biggest conglomerate of bandwagon BS you'll ever find, thats why I try to ignore it. All their information is inbred.

Blob
08-03-2004, 04:56 PM
And he's the Sox "fan" huh? wow...

OEO Magglio
08-03-2004, 05:02 PM
I usually love M,J, and H but right now I'm trying to stay away from anything to do with sports besides watching the sox games and coming here. No sportscenter, no sportsradio, it's just to hard to watch and listen to that stuff when you know everyone is going to be saying the same thing.

Kogs35
08-03-2004, 05:07 PM
i also love mjh but today i could not stand the show today. i actually turned them off. mac is no sox fan. if he was then he wouldnt count out yet

kittle42
08-03-2004, 05:28 PM
i also love mjh but today i could not stand the show today. i actually turned them off. mac is no sox fan. if he was then he wouldnt count out yet
That's ridiculous. I believe Mac holds out hope down in his heart as we all do, but you have to be realistic - being unrealistic is like being a Cub fan. I am not saying they *can't* get back in it, but trends and stats indicate the odds are against them.

Dub25
08-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Danny Mac = blowhole! This is the same guy who thinks the ratio of Cub fans to Sox fans is 75:25

Dub25
08-03-2004, 05:43 PM
I forgot to add to my previous post that Harry and Jurko are to Mac like Buffone is to North.

kittle42
08-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Danny Mac = blowhole! This is the same guy who thinks the ratio of Cub fans to Sox fans is 75:25
But isn't that ratio pretty accurate, if not generous toward Sox fans?

OEO Magglio
08-03-2004, 06:10 PM
That's ridiculous. I believe Mac holds out hope down in his heart as we all do, but you have to be realistic - being unrealistic is like being a Cub fan. I am not saying they *can't* get back in it, but trends and stats indicate the odds are against them.Mac is a good sox fan. I disagree with the sox being done but there a lot of people that think the same way, that doesn't mean your not a fan as long as your still rooting for the team. I have a problem with the people who say the season is over and will root against them to prove that they were right.

mantis1212
08-03-2004, 08:48 PM
No way-Danny Mac rules! -and that ratio is accurate, if not generous to the Sox fan count

Brian26
08-03-2004, 08:56 PM
I forgot to add to my previous post that Harry and Jurko are to Mac like Buffone is to North.
Jurko is completely useless on the radio.

Blob
08-03-2004, 09:06 PM
I thought it was more like 3:1?

ChiSoxBobette
08-04-2004, 06:25 AM
Of course he's going to say that he's nothing but a Sox Fan Pretender. Even before the run of bad luck for the Sox I'm sure that idiot only reported the negative. Like I've said before with the Chicago media ,and in this case those 3 morons that are on espn in the afternoon,theres always the white sox fan and the scrub fan who report the sports but the scrub fan always report that everything is great in the scrub nation, while the guy who is the White Sox fan always has to be critical of the White Sox. So in my opinion there all just scrub fans.

SOXSINCE'70
08-04-2004, 07:20 AM
Like Kittle,I tend to be a realist.They're not out of it yet,but one more 1-6 week of baseball,and it's OVAH.I've been a Sox fan since 1970,a year the Sox won 56 games.Without a # 3 and 4 hitter like Thomas or Ordonez,it's all uphill from here.:(: :(:

jdm2662
08-04-2004, 07:38 AM
I heard the same thing. He was just stating his opinion. He even said he still plans on attending games (he's a season ticket holder). Just because he doesn't think they are going to win the division, doesn't mean he doesn't want them to. I'll be honost, I don't like their chances right now, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop supporting them and hoping they win it.
________
HONDA NSR500 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_NSR500)

wdelaney72
08-04-2004, 07:58 AM
I agree Mac can be a drill-rod and a blow-hole, but listening is a skill.

Mac CLEARLY explained he will still go to the games, support his team, and hope they win. I agree with him. Maggs and Frank are out. That's reality. Lee and Konerko cannot carry this team by themselves. Kenny wasn't able to acquire anybody to fill the roles of Maggs and Frank. Crede, Valentin, Uribe, and our catching platoon can not take the place of Maggs and Frank. Take Pujols and Edmonds out of St. Louis' lineup and see what would happen to them.

That's not being a bad fan, that's facing facts. Even by some stroke of miracle that the Twins crapped down their leg or sufferred a bunch of injuries, the Sox are not equipped to win in the playoffs.

That doesn't mean I don't love the Sox, they've just fallen victim to unexpected injuries this year.

inta
08-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Just because I'm anti-war doesn't mean I'm anti-troops...
err, wait.

just because i dont think the sox have a chance in hell of making, much less winning in the playoffs, doesnt mean i dont back or support this team.

sox fan for life.

SSN721
08-04-2004, 08:04 AM
We were very lucky last year that there were no really bad injuries. And we still came up 4 games out in the end. So our 2 biggest bats out of the lineup I dont understand how thinking this team doesnt have a very good chance of making the postseason is ridiculous. Mac was just stating his opinion, he will still be at games and support the team. He is still a season ticket holder. He still wants them to win. I am still going to go to games this year, I will still support this team, but I agree with him that there is very little chance that this team will make the postseason. I dont see how that is not being a Sox fan, just trying to be realistic. Its pretty damn hard to come back from 5 games out when your 3 an 4 hitters are out for another month and a half, and thats if we're lucky.

LauraJ14
08-04-2004, 11:07 AM
He can state his opinion that the Sox won't be in the playoffs and he has some valid concerns but I don't like when he gets that sarcastic tone talking about 513 innings left in the season and these last 60 games are preseason games for next year. That bugs me!

MisterB
08-04-2004, 01:47 PM
But isn't that ratio pretty accurate, if not generous toward Sox fans?
No way-Danny Mac rules! -and that ratio is accurate, if not generous to the Sox fan count
Don't fall for the Tribune propaganda. Attendance was a 60-40 split in the Flub's favor last year, so I guess we can thank all those Cub fans for making up a third of our attendance. My personal guess is Chicago is 25% Sox fans, 25% Cub fans and 50% casual/bandwagoners.

Mohoney
08-04-2004, 02:04 PM
I think everybody here would pretty much agree that we're not officially dead, but we definitely are on life support. Now instead of hoping to pad a division lead with our easier schedule, we're going to have to use it to catch back up.

We're just going to hope that we can play .620+ baseball the rest of the way, because I don't see the Twins ever losing 7 in a row like we just did.

Mudville
08-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Don't fall for the Tribune propaganda. Attendance was a 60-40 split in the Flub's favor last year, so I guess we can thank all those Cub fans for making up a third of our attendance. My personal guess is Chicago is 25% Sox fans, 25% Cub fans and 50% casual/bandwagoners.

This ratio is a lot closer to the truth. Right now, the Cubs are the local (and media-driven national) darlings, but a few bad years can easily turn this into a Sox town. I think it's easier to get Bulls and Hawks tickets nowadays, don't you?

hawkjt
08-04-2004, 04:04 PM
I agree that our chances are slim but I cling to the old adage -never as good as you look when you are winning or as bad as you look when you are losing. The comments that the last 60 games are simply preseason games is typical overkill by Mac. I dont care how bad you have played when you are 4 back in the loss column with 60 to play and six to play with that team you are not done. He said the same thing in early july last year about the sox and then in early sept was proclaiming the sox the division winner. He wants to distance himself from the cubby eternal optimism syndrome. I think he knows that our chances are not great without Frank and Maggs but he goes overboard by saying they have absolutely no chance.