PDA

View Full Version : Waiver Wire

dividedsk717
08-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know which players have been placed on the waiver wire since the trade deadline? Will Carroll from BP reported on ESPN 950 in Indy that Jason Kendall cleared waivers.

Bryan in Indy :gulp:

pearso66
08-03-2004, 03:28 PM
did he clear waivers so that they could trade him? or did they flat out release him and he cleared waivers? My assumption is someone "traded" for him and that clearing waivers means that team can pick him up. If they flat out released him, Which I highly doubt, we can sign him for very very little while Pitt still has to pay for his salary, and in that case I say sign him now

rmusacch
08-03-2004, 03:39 PM
did he clear waivers so that they could trade him? or did they flat out release him and he cleared waivers? My assumption is someone "traded" for him and that clearing waivers means that team can pick him up. If they flat out released him, Which I highly doubt, we can sign him for very very little while Pitt still has to pay for his salary, and in that case I say sign him now
Waivers expire on each player at the trading deadline. In order to trade a player after that date, the team has to put him through waivers again. Just about every player is placed on waivers after July 31st. If they are claimed, the team putting him on waivers can let the team claiming him have him or they can pull him back or work out a trade with that team. If the player clears waivers, the team is allowed to trade him to anyone.

pearso66
08-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Waivers expire on each player at the trading deadline. In order to trade a player after that date, the team has to put him through waivers again. Just about every player is placed on waivers after July 31st. If they are claimed, the team putting him on waivers can let the team claiming him have him or they can pull him back or work out a trade with that team. If the player clears waivers, the team is allowed to trade him to anyone.
Yeah, I know about the tradign after the deadline with waivers thing, but every player is put on waivers? That doesnt make sense to me. I would think that only players who are being shopped are put on waivers, but not every player. Oh, and another question I guess. If say Kendall was put on waivers August 1st, and cleared, and then say august 25th rolls around and someone wants him, would he haev to clear again? I know after 10 days he's cleared, but does he stay cleared until the August 31st waiver deadline? or does he have to be put back on?

rmusacch
08-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I know about the tradign after the deadline with waivers thing, but every player is put on waivers? That doesnt make sense to me. I would think that only players who are being shopped are put on waivers, but not every player. Oh, and another question I guess. If say Kendall was put on waivers August 1st, and cleared, and then say august 25th rolls around and someone wants him, would he haev to clear again? I know after 10 days he's cleared, but does he stay cleared until the August 31st waiver deadline? or does he have to be put back on?
As I understand it, if they clear waivers after July 31st, those waivers are good until the end of the season. Can someone help me out on this?

Mickster
08-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Is there any site where we could find who is actually placed on waivers?

Daver
08-03-2004, 04:03 PM
If a player is not claimed after being on waivers for 48 hours, he has cleared waivers, and need not be waived again.

It is not unusual for teams to put a ggod chunk of their forty man roster on revocable waivers after the trade deadline to make trades easier during the month of August, before the Aug. 31st trade deadline. IIRC the Orioles put their entire roster on waivers back in the early eighties.