PDA

View Full Version : I still believe.

lowesox
08-03-2004, 02:17 PM
I know there has been a flurry of positive and negative threads about this season, but since some of you view me as a White Sox pessimist, I wanted to say that I believe in this team.

Here's why:
1) We're only 3.5 games back for the wildcard spot. If any team is a fluke, it's Texas. So I think it'll be between us and Boston for this spot.

2) I like the Contreras deal in the short-term. (Long term I think it stinks and Kenny could have done way better.) I think Loaiza has been going downhill and I think if Contreras pitches well tonight it'll light a spark under the sox.

3) The needs the sox still need to address are ones that can be filled after the July 31st deadline. WE need relief help and another big bat or two. Provided we go after big contract hitters, these are the kinds of players that always slide through waivers. Kendall will surely. And you gotta know that Kenny won't give up on this season. He's invested FAR TOO MUCH to turn back now.

4) Minnesota isn't this good. They're bound to have a tough stretch and when they do the sox will make up ground. Too many of their players are playing above their heads right now and I don't buy it for a second.

5) If either Maggs or Frank (or both) come back this team will turn it into overdrive.

Of course, all of this depends on the Sox not falling any more than they already have. I don't think they necessarily need to turn it around immediately, but they cannot afford to lose any more ground.

Anyway - wanted to post this because I really believe that some of the sox read this stuff and I want them to know they've got my support.

ndgt10
08-03-2004, 02:23 PM
So you don't think Boston will be in the wild card chase?

Dub25
08-03-2004, 02:28 PM
So you don't think Boston will be in the wild card chase?Of course they will be in the chase. They are headed for the World Series the world has been waiting for. Red Sox and Cubbies

Flight #24
08-03-2004, 02:30 PM
They'll be in it, but the hurt themselves with the recent trade. I dont' care how good Mientkksghksrhugsurkgcz is defensively, at 1B he's a liability because he's literally got no bat. Cabrera is a serious downgrade from Nomar, and they didn't adress their real need - pitching.

E Coast Sox Fan
08-03-2004, 02:32 PM
There are still a lot game to be played. I think that our team is very much like the St. Louis Cardinals and if we can get the bats going this team is capable of winning a lot of ballgames. As we saw earlier in the season, when the bats are going we're never out of a ballgame. The question is whether or not they want it bad enough.

Do I believe? I believe they can win it all.

How bad do they want it? Hard to tell.

"This is our time. Now go and take it" (or something like that)
----- Coach from the movie "Miracle"

Evman5
08-03-2004, 02:33 PM
I am also glad the Angels are going to lay down and die for us also! :supernana:

DVsoxfan
08-03-2004, 03:01 PM
I still believe as well, that this team is still capable of winning the division. Were only 5 games out people. There's 2 months of baseball left. Anything can happen. Lets concentrate on the division right now and see where we are in a few weeks. I still believe that whether via a 2004 division championship, or by wildcard, this team will make some noise in the playoffs. With Maggs and Frank healthy, and with our solid rotation (even though the bullpen is struggling), we can compete with anyone.

npdempse
08-03-2004, 03:26 PM
There are still a lot game to be played. I think that our team is very much like the St. Louis Cardinals and if we can get the bats going this team is capable of winning a lot of ballgames.
Not that I've given up on our team, but could you explain how our team is anything like the Cards? Particularly the infield?

lowesox
08-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Whoops. Little typo there. I meant to say Boston instead of where I wrote Texas. It's been edited.

Foulke29
08-03-2004, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=Flight #24]Mientkksghksrhugsurkgcz QUOTE]

Is that Martian? :redneck

You know what though - I am glad that Mienkwpoiqwdenmalaskdkfjaskkupeiojakngadklaksdu and A.J. Peraslkdfjklcklieeski are not on the Twins any longer because they were Sox killers when they were. Now if only we could get the Twins to dump Koskie and the Royals to drop Sweeney.