PDA

View Full Version : What-Comes-Around-Goes-Around File

Hangar18
08-03-2004, 09:40 AM
I posed this question the other day, on why the Chicago Media WASNT asking
why Nomar begged out of a number of games leading up to his "trade". My answer of course, is because the Chicago Media is LAZY and too busy peeing-their-pants at the thought that Nomar was here. Were finding out now....
that Nomar FAKED his injury to push himself out of Boston. This was intimated when a source said "dont worry about that injury (achilles), hes not hurt".
Looks like the Other team acquired a Gold Glover, but also a very less-than
credible person in their clubhouse. Hope this spills over to everyone else ....

Listening to the soon to be defunct Cub morning Show, a certain radio host seemed to quietly acknowledge that this was the case, but was Busy as a Bee
rationalizing the reasons on why Nomar did what he did. this may not turn
out to be so bad after all. Of course, Jack The Ripper in other teams uniform
automatically qualifies him for Saint status in this backwards town. :angry:

bigdommer
08-03-2004, 09:48 AM
There was a very good article in yesterday's Boston Globe. (sorry, no link) It basically stated that Nomar lead on that he was more hurt, and that either the Red Sox or Nomar (or both) were being less than honest.

I agree with Hangar, it seems to me like the North Side either got a hurt Nomar, or a selfish liar Nomar. Either way, I think that the Red Sox got the best deal of all four teams involved. They got better on defense in the trade, and they got better leadership by getting Minky and getting rid of Nomar. All the Cubs got was more pressure on them to win the WS while getting a hurt or grumpy two month rental.

Frater Perdurabo
08-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Hangar,

Just remember: They higher they get, the harder they fall. :bandance:

Cubbiesuck13
08-03-2004, 09:53 AM
but also a very less-than
credible person in their clubhouse. Hope this spills over to everyone else ....
This makes him fit right in with liar liar shamee's pants are on fire soso.

Hangar, did you see more than one sox article in your media watch in either of the papers?

cbrownson13
08-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Should this really be posted in this forum? Seems like more of a thread for the Parking Lot or Talking Baseball.

SoxFan76
08-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Should this really be posted in this forum? Seems like more of a thread for the Parking Lot or Talking Baseball.
What's it to you. Let the mods sort that out. No offense, it just bugs me when people who aren't mods are trying to decide where threads go.

kjhanson
08-03-2004, 10:20 AM
There was also an article posted on Boston.com to the effect of the following: Nomar was asked Friday how he was feeling, said no good. Same question Saturday and the same answer. So he didn't play (against the Twins mind you). At 3:00 Saturday he was informed he would be traded. He was then asked again how he felt and he said that he was now magically better.

bennyw41
08-03-2004, 10:27 AM
There was also an article posted on Boston.com to the effect of the following: Nomar was asked Friday how he was feeling, said no good. Same question Saturday and the same answer. So he didn't play (against the Twins mind you). At 3:00 Saturday he was informed he would be traded. He was then asked again how he felt and he said that he was now magically better.
Does it really matter if he lied or not? This whole argument is convoluted, stupid and simply doesn't mean jack. This is a sox board. I know we give leeway to Hangar, but come on. All of these ego-maniac players lie and try to get ahead. This is a pathetic thread. (don't tell me not to read it, I know what i can or can't do, but this one was begging for a comment.)

Jerko
08-03-2004, 10:33 AM
What's it to you. Let the mods sort that out. No offense, it just bugs me when people who aren't mods are trying to decide where threads go.
I agree. However, I think it's a huge pain for the mods to move these threads around so the posters SHOULD be a little more diligent when they start threads.

gosox41
08-03-2004, 10:45 AM
There was a very good article in yesterday's Boston Globe. (sorry, no link) It basically stated that Nomar lead on that he was more hurt, and that either the Red Sox or Nomar (or both) were being less than honest.

I agree with Hangar, it seems to me like the North Side either got a hurt Nomar, or a selfish liar Nomar. Either way, I think that the Red Sox got the best deal of all four teams involved. They got better on defense in the trade, and they got better leadership by getting Minky and getting rid of Nomar. All the Cubs got was more pressure on them to win the WS while getting a hurt or grumpy two month rental.
I pointed this out to a Cub fan friend. His response was that he didn't care as long as he hit like he has.

And you know what, I think he's right. Short term this is a great trade for the Cubs. It will probably propel them to the Wild Card and with that pitching staff, a great shot at getting to the World Series.

Reality bites.

Bob

Hangar18
08-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Does it really matter if he lied or not? This whole argument is convoluted, stupid and simply doesn't mean jack. This is a sox board. I know we give leeway to Hangar, but come on. All of these ego-maniac players lie and try to get ahead. This is a pathetic thread. (don't tell me not to read it, I know what i can or can't do, but this one was begging for a comment.)
I shouldve ALSO added, how would WE FEEL, if he was traded here?
Im furious at the SOX for not having made this deal, we needed him more
than the other team did. Im not sure how I feel at all about this .....
I do know this guy is coming across as a LIAR and VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.
Would a Nomar in our clubhouse poison us?

owensmouth
08-03-2004, 11:34 AM
I shouldve ALSO added, how would WE FEEL, if he was traded here?
Im furious at the SOX for not having made this deal, we needed him more
than the other team did. Im not sure how I feel at all about this .....
I do know this guy is coming across as a LIAR and VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.
Would a Nomar in our clubhouse poison us?
Personally, I'm glad we didn't trade for him, either before the season began, or in the past week. He would have been pulling this same type of garbage here, and we don't need that. In two months, Nomar will be past tense as far as any Chicago baseball is concerned.

Frater Perdurabo
08-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Personally, I'm glad we didn't trade for him, either before the season began, or in the past week. He would have been pulling this same type of garbage here, and we don't need that. In two months, Nomar will be past tense as far as any Chicago baseball is concerned.

Agreed.

KingXerxes
08-03-2004, 12:20 PM
If he's healthy - and that's a major component - I would be very surprised if the Cubs didn't lock him up for at least a few years. It fits their M.O.. With Sosa on the way out after next year, and Alou probably not resigning after this year, they'll need to hang onto some non-pitching "star-power" in order to keep selling seats.

Uncle_Patrick
08-03-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm not so sure why every thinks that if Nomar was lying to the Red Sox about his injuries and had a bad attitude and what not, why that would carry over to the Cubs. Wasn't a big part of Nomar's problem that he felt betrayed by the Red Sox organization? It was my understanding that he really wanted off that team this year. I'm not sure why that would carry over to the Cubs now that he got his wish. If he really is physically healthy, I would think that with this trade his attitude would also improve.

Had the Magglio for Nomar trade happened this spring, I think that the White Sox would have gotten a different Nomar than the one the Cubs got. Apparently, this proposed trade was something that really ticked Nomar off and was certainly a large part of his bad feelings towards the Red Sox. He might have carried that over to the White Sox and had a bad attitude all year. However, this mid-season trade to the Cubs seems like something that he's happy with. The White Sox would have gotten a Nomar who was unhappy with the way he came to Chicago. Instead, the Cubs got a Nomar who just wanted out of Boston. There's a big difference there.

If he is healthy, maybe the Cubs will sign him for a few more years, although all I heard prior to this trade was that he wanted to sign with a West Coast team next year. But we all know that the Cubs don't need too much "star power" to sell tickets at Wrigley.

Hangar18
08-03-2004, 05:11 PM
I'm not so sure why every thinks that if Nomar was lying to the Red Sox about his injuries and had a bad attitude and what not, why that would carry over to the Cubs. Wasn't a big part of Nomar's problem that he felt betrayed by the Red Sox organization? It was my understanding that he really wanted off that team this year. I'm not sure why that would carry over to the Cubs now that he got his wish. If he really is physically healthy, I would think that with this trade his attitude would also improve.

Had the Magglio for Nomar trade happened this spring, I think that the White Sox would have gotten a different Nomar than the one the Cubs got. Apparently, this proposed trade was something that really ticked Nomar off and was certainly a large part of his bad feelings towards the Red Sox. He might have carried that over to the White Sox and had a bad attitude all year. However, this mid-season trade to the Cubs seems like something that he's happy with. The White Sox would have gotten a Nomar who was unhappy with the way he came to Chicago. Instead, the Cubs got a Nomar who just wanted out of Boston. There's a big difference there.

If he is healthy, maybe the Cubs will sign him for a few more years, although all I heard prior to this trade was that he wanted to sign with a West Coast team next year. But we all know that the Cubs don't need too much "star power" to sell tickets at Wrigley.
Hes supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL

chuckn98229
08-03-2004, 05:25 PM
The only-est thing I know is that a lying, deceitful piece of crap should fit right in at the Clark & Addison Urinal.

Cubbiesuck13
08-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Whoever said the cubs have to have a good team or a star player to seel tickets doesn't understand their 'fans'. They could make the average idiot a star with their paper and sell tix because of their stadium. I used to like Nomar but now I hope he stays with them because I think that he will never play a full season again. He will fit right in with all the players over there in that respect too.

bigfoot
08-03-2004, 09:09 PM
And when nomar doesn't get an enormous contract extension, the only way he'll play in the Urinal is if it's dismantled and reconstructed in Cali, like the London Bridge in AZ.

Uncle_Patrick
08-04-2004, 12:10 AM
I agree that he's supposed to be professional. If I were a Red Sox fan I'm sure I'd be happy to see him go. I'm just saying that I don't think he'll bring all that baggage to the Cubs because now he's gotten out of Boston, and that's what he wanted.

steff
08-04-2004, 06:37 AM

You're supposed to be an adult.... :rolleyes:

Irishsox1
08-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Looks like the Other team acquired a Gold Glover, but also a very less-than
credible person in their clubhouse. Hope this spills over to everyone else ..
Nomar is not and never has been a gold glover. Actually he's quite brutal out there with the glove. However, he can hit the ball.

Blueprint1
08-04-2004, 12:38 PM
Nomar is not and never has been a gold glover. Actually he's quite brutal out there with the glove. However, he can hit the ball.
You really don't need a gold glove at Wrigley the infield is SOOOOO SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW

Cubbiesuck13
08-04-2004, 12:51 PM
You really don't need a gold glove at Wrigley the infield is SOOOOO SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW
most flub fans believe that too, just ask anyone who blames bartman for blowing the game.

SoxxoS
08-04-2004, 12:53 PM
But you do need one to pick up the trash thrown on the field.

Hangar18
08-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Yes, it matters if he lied, because maybe we decide to pick him up.
and dont read the thread .........

Hangar18
08-04-2004, 03:21 PM
You're supposed to be an adult.... :rolleyes:
benny?

JohnJeter
08-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Gosh, you think it's possible that Red Sox management is trying to paint a negative picture of him to save face and soothe the many Red Sox fans who are furious over the trade? Plenty of folks on Sons of Sam Horn (who probably have a bit more insight from their vantage point) feel that way and it makes them even more ticked off Lucchino (sic), Epstein, etc.

As far as the press coverage, plenty of you howl when someone like Thomas gets the treatment.

Sorry to be the dissenting voice on this one! Either way, if he's a solid guy on the Cubs, I'm sure they couldn't care less what really went on.