PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Sox tix?

Yorke97
08-02-2004, 09:22 PM
I need two tickets for Aug. 7.... I don't make tons of money so I need a better deal than what ticketmaster has to offer. I tried e-bay and all they're selling for that night is 100.00 for two seats in the club level plus 16.00 shipping to my zip code.

If you don't have any (or know of anyone who has any), know the best (cheapest) way to get a hold of Sox tickets other than e-bay or stubhub.com? Stubhub is currently at 50.00 a ticket right now...

Thank you!

DVsoxfan
08-02-2004, 09:24 PM
It is possible to get great tickets around face value on Stubhub, if you do a lot of searching. Also, I've heard you can find cheap tickets on ebay. Ticketmaster is easy, but it is rare that you find excellent tickets there.

pczarapa
08-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know the best (cheapest) way to get a hold of Sox tickets?
Stubhub.com, can find some pretty good seats at decent prices

SoxFan78
08-03-2004, 09:23 AM
You can go day of game and try the scalpers or just buy them from the box office. No ticketmaster fees there. And I dont think Saturday's game will be soldout.

joeynach
08-03-2004, 09:24 AM
I need two tickets for Aug. 7.... I don't make tons of money so I need a better deal than what ticketmaster has to offer. I tried e-bay and all they're selling for that night is 100.00 for two seats in the club level plus 16.00 shipping to my zip code.

If you don't have any (or know of anyone who has any), know the best (cheapest) way to get a hold of Sox tickets other than e-bay or stubhub.com? Stubhub is currently at 50.00 a ticket right now...

Thank you!
I have these granton marketing coupons which are good for buy one get one free tickets when you buy from the sox box office. They are good for any game except monday's and tuesdays half price ones. I have like dozen and there is no way i will use them all. Im sure we can arrange something so i can get them to you if you want.

BeerHandle
08-03-2004, 10:21 AM

Thank you!
www.openseats.com (http://www.openseats.com)

There is a broker secton and a ticket exchange. You want the ticket exchange.

Tekijawa
08-03-2004, 10:25 AM
My Fiancee' got coupons from the Sox for being a teacher. I got Section 113 3 Row 1 and 3 Row 2 Tickets against the Twins for September 22 for $7 a piece... Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

ewokpelts
08-03-2004, 10:33 AM

Thank you!just buy upper deck ...before saturday

steff
08-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Stubhub is a rip off..... currently they are marking some tickets up over 100% ($32 seats are going for $86 each)..

Fungo
08-03-2004, 12:38 PM
I have these granton marketing coupons which are good for buy one get one free tickets when you buy from the sox box office. They are good for any game except monday's and tuesdays half price ones. I have like dozen and there is no way i will use them all. Im sure we can arrange something so i can get them to you if you want.That's your best bet. Buy the half price tickets, get to the park early and pay the extra $10 and sit on the patio up above the Bullpen Sports Bar. Great seats cheap.

Mickster
08-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Stubhub is a rip off..... currently they are marking some tickets up over 100% ($32 seats are going for $86 each)..
Depends on who the seller is and what he/she prices the tickets at. Stubhub only charges 15% of the price that the tickets sell for.

steff
08-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Depends on who the seller is and what he/she prices the tickets at. Stubhub only charges 15% of the price that the tickets sell for.
Like I said.. they charge OVER face. Just like scalpers.

And don't forget about the 10% fee to the buyer. It's a rip John, like I told you this weekend. And not ONE listing there is for a price even CLOSE to face.. again.. a RIP OFF.

Season ticket holders RIPPING OFF other Sax fans. Nice...

And also.. they handle the entire transaction.. not put the buyer and seller in touch with eachother.

Mickster
08-03-2004, 03:14 PM
And also.. they handle the entire transaction.. not put the buyer and seller in touch with eachother.
The handle the financial transaction, they do not handle the exchange of tickets. Since the sellers can set their own price, it is the sellers fault that $32 tickets are being sold for $86. Stubhub's cut from that tranaction is 15% from the seller and 10% from the buyer. If the seller would not be so greedy, the $32 tickets could be purchased from Stubhub for $5-8 over face. Certainly not over-priced for the services that they offer.

steff
08-03-2004, 03:23 PM
The handle the financial transaction, they do not handle the exchange of tickets. Since the sellers can set their own price, it is the sellers fault that $32 tickets are being sold for $86. Stubhub's cut from that tranaction is 15% from the seller and 10% from the buyer. If the seller would not be so greedy, the $32 tickets could be purchased from Stubhub for $5-8 over face. Certainly not over-priced for the services that they offer.
Ticket sellers must charge MORE than the face value of the tickets to get the face.. of which Stub Hub gets. Makes a profit. Just like a scalper. And yes.. they do handle the tracking numbers of the shipments. If they don't handle the shipping how are they aware of that information..

Here you go..
http://www.stubhub.com/?gSec=help&gAct=sellers_handbook&helpSec=shipping_tickets

The seller and buyer never have to interact.

Palehose13
08-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Like I said.. they charge OVER face. Just like scalpers.

And don't forget about the 10% fee to the buyer. It's a rip John, like I told you this weekend. And not ONE listing there is for a price even CLOSE to face.. again.. a RIP OFF.

Season ticket holders RIPPING OFF other Sax fans. Nice...

While many tickets are over face value, I bought tickets for August 18th section 118 row CC for $26 each. Not everyone is out to rip people off on stub hub. Steff, if you have another way for a non-season ticket holder to get good seats (lower level around the IF (or just past it)) I am all ears.

steff
08-03-2004, 03:28 PM
While many tickets are over face value, I bought tickets for August 18th section 118 row CC for $26 each. Not everyone is out to rip people off on stub hub. Steff, if you have another way for a non-season ticket holder to get good seats (lower level around the IF (or just past it)) I am all ears.

Go day of game when they release seats, or plan ahead. Not the best suggestion, sorry, but it's all I've got.

Mickster
08-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Ticket sellers must charge MORE than the face value of the tickets to get the face.. of which Stub Hub gets. Makes a profit. Just like a scalper. And yes.. they do handle the tracking numbers of the shipments. If they don't handle the shipping how are they aware of that information..
Ticket sellers must charge more if they want to get the exact $$ they bought the tickets for or to make a profit. As far as the % cut for Stubhub, what business (web or otherwise) is not in it to make a profit?

They are aware of the tracking numbers because they provide the shipping labels. Stubhub never handles the tickets themselves, just the financials and shipping labels.

soxwon
08-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Hold on. i just put in for 2 on ticketmaster
sec 110 right field down the line $32 each 28th row

sec 533 right behind home plate $20 each 12 row

thats a great view, dont be nuts and pay more!!!