PDA

View Full Version : Major League

DVsoxfan
08-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Good afternoon fellow sox fans. Just wanted to say hello:D:. I'm a long time lingerer here at WSI, but this is my first post. I look forward to talking White Sox baseball with all of you. I was wondering if any of you saw the movie Major League on Spike tv Sunday. Do you think its possible that a movie like this could motivate our Sox? They certainly need some type of fire lit under them.
Any thoughts?

Tmar281
08-02-2004, 06:04 PM
:wired:

jordan23ventura
08-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Good afternoon fellow sox fans. Just wanted to say hello:D:. I'm a long time lingerer here at WSI, but this is my first post. I look forward to talking White Sox baseball with all of you. I was wondering if any of you saw the movie Major League on Spike tv Sunday. Do you think its possible that a movie like this could motivate our Sox? They certainly need some type of fire lit under them.
Any thoughts?"You no help me now, I say F*** YOU JOE BOO! I do it myself!"

"Willie Mays Hayes is Black Hammer. Jesse 'The Body' Ventura is White Lightning."

"You trying' to say that Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?"

"Women. You can't live without 'em, and they can't pee standing up."

(Had to get in Major League 2 also.)

HomeFish
Well, we have a cheap owner who once wanted to move the team to FLorida for skyboxes, and we have a Cuban player now...

OzzieBall2004
:?:

eurotrash35
08-02-2004, 06:18 PM
http://funfreepages.com/prize/yourock.jpg

jordan23ventura
08-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Well, we have a cheap owner who once wanted to move the team to FLorida for skyboxes, and we have a Cuban player now...
And Tom Berenger = Sandy Alomar
And Omar Epps = Willie Harris
And Charlie Sheen = Billy Koch, but minus the turnaround

jordan23ventura
08-02-2004, 06:19 PM

jordan23ventura
08-02-2004, 06:20 PM
I don't mean to steal your idea, but would you mind if I made that into a T-shirt?

eurotrash35
08-02-2004, 06:26 PM
I don't mean to steal your idea, but would you mind if I made that into a T-shirt?
it's not my idea but have at it. :redneck

ssidebeatdown
08-02-2004, 07:10 PM
I was wondering if any of you saw the movie Major League on Spike tv Sunday. Do you think its possible that a movie like this could motivate our Sox? They certainly need some type of fire lit under them.
Any thoughts?
Maybe the sox can peel a piece of Jerry's clothing every game they lose, if they lose the division they see him naked; kind of the opposite in the first Major League. Maybe this could motivate them.

South Side
08-02-2004, 07:10 PM
And Charlie Sheen = Billy Koch, but minus the turnaround

Omar Epps? Wasn't it Wesley Snipes? :?:

DVsoxfan
08-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Maybe the sox can peel a piece of Jerry's clothing every game they lose, if they lose the division they see him naked; kind of the opposite in the first Major League. Maybe this could motivate them.:o: That wasn't quite what I had in mind. Lets hope and pray that doesn't happen.

Corlose 15
08-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Maybe the sox can peel a piece of Jerry's clothing every game they lose, if they lose the division they see him naked; kind of the opposite in the first Major League. Maybe this could motivate them.
Maybe you should reverse that around. He starts naked, then with every win they get to cover him up more and more.

SoxxoS
08-02-2004, 07:44 PM
That is my ex-girlfriend over there, and who is that guy she's with?
-You want me to kick his ass?

I thought you didn't have any high-priced talent on this team?
-Forgot about Dorn because he's only high-priced.

There's Jake Taylor
-He was an All-Star at Boston wasn't he
Yeah
-I wish we had him 2 years ago
We did.
-4 years ago then.

One of my favorite movies of all time.

ssidebeatdown
08-02-2004, 07:52 PM
My favorite Major League quote is either:
A) "All we got was one god damn hit" "you cant say god damn on the radio" "o no one is listening anyway."
B) "Ricky has added the terminator to go along with his fastball, the eliminator" "I heard that" "Dynamite drop in monty, that broadcasting school has really paid off"

WHarris13
08-02-2004, 08:02 PM
"Take over Monty, I'm in the bag..."
'ME???"
Guy makes an awesome diving catch in left center.
"Hit...caught..."

mjmcend
08-02-2004, 10:06 PM
just a bit outside..........

Whitesox029
08-02-2004, 10:18 PM
http://funfreepages.com/prize/yourock.jpgWhat the **** is that?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! IT'S FUNNY AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!

DVsoxfan
08-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Whitesox029Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrash35

What the **** is that?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! IT'S FUNNY AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!
I didn't think it was that funny:(:

skobabe8
08-03-2004, 03:22 AM
Omar Epps? Wasn't it Wesley Snipes? :?:

It was Omar Epps in Major League II. Snipes, and the original, were funnier. I never even bothered to see the third one.

Kuzman
08-03-2004, 06:54 AM
"Cerano is going to need a rocket up his ass to catch that one"

"Swung on and belted to South America"

2 lines i like to use when the sox hit a bomb, but for the first line i use the appropriate outfielders name :)

2 of the greatest movies ever.

akingamongstmen
08-03-2004, 08:45 AM
I love when Taylor is talking to the guy from the A's while he's catching. The guy pops the ball up 5 feet in front of the plate, and Taylor says, "Oh...I don't think it's got the distance." I use that line all the time.

wdelaney72
08-03-2004, 08:53 AM
"You really knocked the crap out of that one."

"How's your wife and my kid?"

"Vaughn a juvenile delinquent in the offseason"

HomerCoach
08-03-2004, 09:10 AM
You ever laugh so hard that you keep farting, not to mention the uncontrolable "snorting"...Yeah...thats me right now!:roflmao:... :rolling:...:drool:

PorkChopExpress
08-03-2004, 09:42 AM
"No, it's too high, too high..."
"Too high? What does that mean? Too hard maybe"
"Who gives a sh**? It's gone."

Iwritecode
08-03-2004, 10:47 AM
I've always thought that Lou Brown had the best lines in the movie.

"How would you like to manage the Cleveland Indians?"

"Oh, I dunno... Listen, I got a guy on the other line about some white-walls, I'll talk to ya later."

"Forget about the curveball Ricky, give 'em the heater!"

also:

(After calling for 2 straight fastballs) "Well, **** all these pitches to choose from. Lets try something different this time." (calls for another fast ball)

:smile: :D: :)

Iwritecode
08-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Maybe you should reverse that around. He starts naked, then with every win they get to cover him up more and more.

I think the whole point is to NOT see JR in his birthday suit. *shudder*

I think if they peeled a piece off every time they lost that would be enough motivation to win every single game the rest of the year...

mdep524
08-03-2004, 11:15 AM
And Charlie Sheen = Billy Koch, but minus the turnaroundLOL... and there's more, just imagine if Hawk was Bob Eucker....

<Jose Valentin batting against a lefty>

:hawk
"Jose's 0 for the century against this guy... but he does have several foul tips."

Or when Ozzie brought in Politte (accidentally) to face a lefty instead of Marte...

:hawk
"Obviously Ozzie's thinking..... I don't know what the hell he's thinking!!"

Or Ozzie the manager in the clubhouse today....

:ozzie
"OK, we won yesterday. If we win today that's two in a row. If we win tomorrow that's called a 'winning streak'... it has happened before."

mcfish
08-03-2004, 11:42 AM
It was Omar Epps in Major League II. Snipes, and the original, were funnier. I never even bothered to see the third one.
Then you missed out on a classic in Major League: Back to the Minors. It's got Pedro Cerrano, Roger Dorn (as a GM), and Harry Doyle returning, along with newcomers Jefferson D'Arcy from Married With Children and that guy from Quantum Leap. Throughout the whole movie you're waiting for Al to come in with Ziggy and make the manager leap. Ok, so the movie's not great, but I'll watch any movie with a good amount of Bob Uecker in it.

Iwritecode
08-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Then you missed out on a classic in Major League: Back to the Minors. It's got Pedro Cerrano, Roger Dorn (as a GM), and Harry Doyle returning, along with newcomers Jefferson D'Arcy from Married With Children and that guy from Quantum Leap. Throughout the whole movie you're waiting for Al to come in with Ziggy and make the manager leap. Ok, so the movie's not great, but I'll watch any movie with a good amount of Bob Uecker in it.

The guy from Quantum Leap is Scott Bakula.

Out of the trilogy, the 3rd was the worst one by far. I'm still trying to figure out how Pedro and that japanese guy (MARBLES!) ended up on the TWINS minor league team?!? Wasn't the catcher from the 2nd movie there also?

Basically, it didn't tie in with the other 2 movies at all...

mcfish
08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
The guy from Quantum Leap is Scott Bakula.

Out of the trilogy, the 3rd was the worst one by far. I'm still trying to figure out how Pedro and that japanese guy (MARBLES!) ended up on the TWINS minor league team?!? Wasn't the catcher from the 2nd movie there also?

Basically, it didn't tie in with the other 2 movies at all...
I know about Mr. Bakula - I just felt that Gus Cantrell didn't need another name to tie him down. Yes it was bad, but the Uecker announcing was still the highlight of the movie.

After a close play at the plate:
"Poetry. That play was pure poetry.
Wadsworth. Longfellow. Maya Angelou. This Buzz ballclub.
What do they all have in common? Poetry.

And I have to ask my collegue in the booth, have you ever seen a sunset more beautiful than that play at the plate? ... Speachless! My collegue is speachless ladies and gentlemen."

Dub25
08-03-2004, 02:25 PM
"What language is this"

"They got chili dogs here"

"Forget it I'll order"

ssidebeatdown
08-03-2004, 10:57 PM
I didn't know this until recently: Pedro is David Palmer from 24

Dub25
08-03-2004, 11:19 PM
I didn't know this until recently: Pedro is David Palmer from 24
Pedro is also in those All State insurance commericials. That's what happens when you can't hit a curve ball.

SpartanSoxFan
08-03-2004, 11:37 PM
"Juuuuuuust a bit outside..."

"Ball four. Ball eight. Ball twelve."

Classic.

jabrch
08-04-2004, 12:46 AM
Ball 4...Ball 8...Ball 12
How can they be laying off of pitches that close?

How's your wife and my kids?

Clue Haywood leads the league in most offensvie categories, including nosehairs.
Yeah - when that guy sneezes he looks like a party favor.

Uh Oh Rexie - I don't think that one's got the distance

I've never heard of half these guys, and the ones I know are way past their prime.
Most of these guys never had a prime.
This one is dead?
So cross him off the list then.

This guy threw at his son in the father-son game.

It was out of reach - what did you want me to do? Dive for it?
Roger, it could have meant the game!
Oh come on cut the rah rah **** Taylor! Year after this I go free agent. Plus me and my agent got a couple of plans for life after baseball. So I am not about to risk major injury or displace this property for a collection of stiffs!
Ya know Dorn, I liked you so much better when you were just a ballplayer. If you wanna be an interior decorator now that's none of my business. But some of us still need this team. Now you listen to me! This is my last shot at a winner and for some of the younger guys it could be their only shot. I don't know what happened to you. But if you ever, ever tank another play like you did today, i'm gonna cut your nuts off and stuff em down your ****in throat!

By far and away my favorite baseball movie!

SoxxoS
08-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Well, you may run like Mays but you hit like s***.

A lot of new Indian faces this year, and I am sure we will have some names to go along with those faces before their first at-bat."

"We don't know where Hayes played last year, but I'm sure he did a hell of a job."

wdelaney72
08-04-2004, 04:06 PM
"Willie Hayes?? Mitchell Friedman??"