PDA

View Full Version : White Sox are 16th in Attendance in MLB.

Dadawg_77
08-02-2004, 03:43 PM
First off I am not going by total attendance as that might not be the greatest indicator but by percentage of capacity. The Cell has been filled to 63.% capacoty this year which ranks 16th, middle of the pack in baseball. Teams below the Sox include the Marlins, A's, Atlanta.

habibharu
08-02-2004, 03:44 PM
First off I am not going by total attendance as that might not be the greatest indicator but by percentage of capacity. The Cell has been filled to 63.% capacoty this year which ranks 16th, middle of the pack in baseball. Teams below the Sox include the Marlins, A's, Atlanta. wow, not too bad! although that will probably go down considering how we have been playing lately!

doublem23
08-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Nice to hear. If you're planning on going to Monday's game against the Jndjans, get your tickets now. That one's looking like it's going to push 30,000 easily.

nitetrain8601
08-02-2004, 03:48 PM
That's not bad, but it's kind of sad if you think about this being the most attendance we've had since 94.

SoxFan76
08-02-2004, 03:53 PM
The attendace will probably drop because of the losing streak, but I like what that says about our fans. We want to see a winner. No point burning all that money to watch your team lose.

SoxxoS
08-02-2004, 04:06 PM
:reinsy

"15 more teams to leapfrog."

CHISOXFAN13
08-02-2004, 04:10 PM
wow, not too bad! although that will probably go down considering how we have been playing lately!

Actually, considering the amount of presale tickets the Sox are already counting on, the chances of that percentage going up are more likely.

woodenleg
08-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Actually, considering the amount of presale tickets the Sox are already counting on, the chances of that percentage going up are more likely.
Judging from the tickets I've been able to get, it certainly looks that way.

Flight #24
08-02-2004, 04:39 PM
The $$$ are the key.

Through 51 games this year, we have 1.25mil fans, compared to 1.075 through 51 games in 2003. That translates into something like $5mil in increased revenue (assuming avg ticket+concessions/fan = $30)

If we can average 30k or more, we'll end up with 2.1+million fans, a nice increase of 12%. That should facilitate a small salary bump (5-10mil), which would help KW round out this team with bullpen help and a MIF or C.

OG4LIFE
08-02-2004, 06:02 PM
If we can average 30k or more, we'll end up with 2.1+million fans, a nice increase of 12%. That should facilitate a small salary bump (5-10mil), which would help KW round out this team with bullpen help and a MIF or C.
i would like to believe what you have said, but i think it will more or less facilitate a small salary bump (5-10 mil) in JR's pocket...

batmanZoSo
08-02-2004, 07:34 PM
The attendace will probably drop because of the losing streak, but I like what that says about our fans. We want to see a winner. No point burning all that money to watch your team lose.
The Twin game I went to last Tuesday was sold out and so was the one before it. It just never looks completely filled because of all the concourse space, stadium club and the fan deck. It's amazing how our fans come according to the weather. In April you'd have 14,000 for a day game and in the summer it's 28-38,000, usually somewhere in the middle.

RedPinStripes
08-02-2004, 07:51 PM
:reinsy
"I'm Broke! Shut up!"

inta
08-02-2004, 08:22 PM
actually the sox are ranked 21st in average attendance with something like 25000 per game. those 14K games in april really messed that number up.

in PCT we're ranked 16th.

munchman33
08-02-2004, 09:44 PM
(assuming avg ticket+concessions/fan = $30)

Actually, concessions are outsourced and the White Sox recieve a flat fee.

inta
08-03-2004, 01:48 AM
really?
i knew that the cubs did that at wrigley with aramark, but i thought the sox ran their own concessions...

that's why our food is so much better.

Flight #24
08-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Really? That's odd. I thought the revenues from concessions was one of the reasons why JR was initially against bars, etc around the "new" park.

Plus I thought with the big "vendor" companies like aramark, it was the other way around: you pay them a flat fee to manage things.

joeynach
08-03-2004, 08:48 AM
i would like to believe what you have said, but i think it will more or less facilitate a small salary bump (5-10 mil) in JR's pocket...
How many times do we have to go through this, thats impossible. JR and all the owners own stock in this team, they bought into the team and all own (internal not public) shares of the team. If the sox make more money this year then the value of the stock goes up, not the money in anyones pocket. No one makes more $$ or any $$ at all unless they would sell there shares out for cash, which doens't happen. So only monetary stock value rises with increased revenue.

Dadawg_77
08-03-2004, 09:47 AM
How many times do we have to go through this, thats impossible. JR and all the owners own stock in this team, they bought into the team and all own (internal not public) shares of the team. If the sox make more money this year then the value of the stock goes up, not the money in anyones pocket. No one makes more $$ or any $$ at all unless they would sell there shares out for cash, which doens't happen. So only monetary stock value rises with increased revenue.
I think the Sox are a LLP, thus no real stock. But they have have ownership interest or which JR's is one of the smallest but has all the control since he is the general partner. The LLPs can give payments to each partner like a dividend for corporations.

mymanmaggs30
08-03-2004, 09:49 AM
First off I am not going by total attendance as that might not be the greatest indicator but by percentage of capacity. The Cell has been filled to 63.% capacoty this year which ranks 16th, middle of the pack in baseball. Teams below the Sox include the Marlins, A's, Atlanta.

i like having no one at the games because then we can get better tickets for the games!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gosox41
08-03-2004, 09:52 AM
I think the Sox are a LLP, thus no real stock. But they have have ownership interest or which JR's is one of the smallest but has all the control since he is the general partner. The LLPs can give payments to each partner like a dividend for corporations.
They can, but they haven't.

Bob