PDA

View Full Version : Clemens kicked out of son's baseball game

DGSWR81
08-02-2004, 12:37 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2631146

samram
08-02-2004, 12:39 PM
I wonder if the league can fine him for this, maybe saying it's conduct unbecoming a representative of MLB. It's not as bad as what Rocker said, but it's an embarassment to the league and sets a poor example for kids.

KingXerxes
08-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Does anybody have any good "Little League Dad" stories? After having two boys go through the system I have seen enough to make you want to swear yourself off the human race.

SOXSINCE'70
08-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Now people might start believing that he intentionally threw what was left of a shattered bat at Piazza's knees during the 2000 WS.And the Yankmees haven't won a WS since.There are small miracles in life.:D: :D: :D: :D:

voodoochile
08-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Even at its worst, that is hardly a big deal.

Throwing around words like "embarassment" is well... embarassing...:?:

KingXerxes
08-03-2004, 11:10 AM

Whenever a Little League parent makes a complete fool of themselves (which is more often than not with some), the only people who are embarrassed are those who are watching the whole thing take place. They are embarrassed for the moron who can't behave while watching nine year olds play baseball.

A typical Little League parent has lost the capacity to be embarrassed.

The best Little League move I ever made was to start smoking cigars. While that may not make sense on the surface, it allows me to go to my son's game, light up and sit by myself in the right-centerfield area, and not look anti-social. I simply tell people that I don't want to bother them with the smoke, so I'll just sit by myself. The truth of the matter is I'd sooned be boiled in lead than to have to sit and listen to a lot of them.

illiniwhitesox
08-03-2004, 11:19 AM
This is a joke. Who cares? It's one thing if the Clemens started a heated argument and caused a scene, but in this example he did everything he could to avoid one.

Looks like a non-issue and he handled himself the way most of us would want ourselves to handle the situation. I'm not a Clemen's fan, but I don't want to demonize him b/c of something like this.

I would rather focus on him throwing at people's heads in the AL, where he's protected by a DH and does not have to face the opposing pitcher. I'm disappointed by the fact he has been successful in the NL. I was hoping that he would throw chin-music and find the opposing pitcher placing him on his back when up at the plate.

KingXerxes
08-03-2004, 11:29 AM
This is a joke. Who cares? It's one thing if the Clemens started a heated argument and caused a scene, but in this example he did everything he could to avoid one.

Looks like a non-issue and he handled himself the way most of us would want ourselves to handle the situation. I'm not a Clemen's fan, but I don't want to demonize him b/c of something like this.

I would rather focus on him throwing at people's heads in the AL, where he's protected by a DH and does not have to face the opposing pitcher. I'm disappointed by the fact he has been successful in the NL. I was hoping that he would throw chin-music and find the opposing pitcher placing him on his back when up at the plate.
My post wasn't about the "Clemens Incident" itself. It doesn't sound like Clemens did too much to get himself kicked out, and when he did it sounds like he went out of his way to avoid any sort of confrontation.

I was speaking about the pool of morons who treat a bunch of kids playing baseball like it was a life or death matter.

illiniwhitesox
08-03-2004, 11:31 AM
My post wasn't about the "Clemens Incident" itself. It doesn't sound like Clemens did too much to get himself kicked out, and when he did it sounds like he went out of his way to avoid any sort of confrontation.

I was speaking about the pool of morons who treat a bunch of kids playing baseball like it was a life or death matter.
Point taken and I apologize for misrepresenting your position

fquaye149
08-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I heard it was a phantom tag. That would have pissed me off too:)

But honestly, I read an article where it sounded like he was "signing autographs at teh time and didn't know what was going on." his story is he didn't even know what happened until all of a sudden he was thrown out.

Seems unlikely, but no one's disputing his story but the umpire.

samram
08-03-2004, 02:02 PM

Well, after learning a little more about what happened (I couldn't open the link at first), I see it probably wasn't a big deal. I was really more speculating on whether something could be done if he had acted inappropriately. I obviously didn't make myself clear.