PDA

View Full Version : Contractual Status???

nodiggity59
08-02-2004, 10:40 AM
I was just wondering who on our team was arbitration eligible for 2005 betweeen guys like Rowand, Crede, Uribe, Harris, Davis (is he even locked up?), Adkins, etc.

I think it's pretty likely the Sox will try to lock up Garland and Rowand multi year rather than do arbitration, if possible.

BTW I'm NOT giving up on this year!!!! Just curious lol.

gosox41
08-02-2004, 11:17 AM
I was just wondering who on our team was arbitration eligible for 2005 betweeen guys like Rowand, Crede, Uribe, Harris, Davis (is he even locked up?), Adkins, etc.

I think it's pretty likely the Sox will try to lock up Garland and Rowand multi year rather than do arbitration, if possible.

Crede, Harris and Adkins are not arbitratin eligible yet. Garland is in his second year of arbitration eligibility, though I wouldn't mind seeing him shipped out in the right deal (for the record the right deal does not mean a Darin Erstad type player.)

Bob

joeynach
08-02-2004, 11:19 AM

First of all none of those guys mention or worth the arbirational increase in salary, maybe rowand thats it. Garland will be lucky to be in a sox uniform next year. Im not sure the sox are looking at Crede, Uribe, Harris, Garland, Adkins as future stars or starters anymore. After this year espeically why should ever mentioned above player seems like a bench player to me.

SoxxoS
08-02-2004, 11:20 AM
We aren't deep enough to give up on Garland for anything less than another starter. He is a quality 4 guy, with Garcia, Buerhle and Contreras at 1, 2, and 3.

gosox41
08-02-2004, 11:25 AM
We aren't deep enough to give up on Garland for anything less than another starter. He is a quality 4 guy, with Garcia, Buerhle and Contreras at 1, 2, and 3.

This off season I am hoping the Sox could trade Galrand and Konerko (together or seperate) and get some players who know how to get on base consistently as well as maybe steal a few bases and bunt well. Garland should have high value. I'm not sayingwe should give him away or that I want him shipped out because he sucks (like I do Schoenweis) just that maybe we can get rid of one mentally weak pitcher (we just got another in Contreras) and get an everyday player or 2 that can be good.

Bob

Win1ForMe
08-02-2004, 11:39 AM
This off season I am hoping the Sox could trade Galrand and Konerko (together or seperate) and get some players who know how to get on base consistently as well as maybe steal a few bases and bunt well. Garland should have high value. I'm not sayingwe should give him away or that I want him shipped out because he sucks (like I do Schoenweis) just that maybe we can get rid of one mentally weak pitcher (we just got another in Contreras) and get an everyday player or 2 that can be good.
I was basically thinking along the same lines. A Konerko/Garland or Lee/Garland package could certainly bring us a couple of good, and hopefully cheap, young everyday players. Even if the other team only gives up one decent player (of course prospects would have to be exchanged in that deal), you can always take the freed up money and invest it into another couple of players (like Catalanotto, who shouldn't cost over $3 million).