PDA

View Full Version : Some reviews

StockdaleForVeep
08-02-2004, 03:06 AM
Like many, i dont follow AA and AAA games closely as i would like, but if anyone does watch\follow these games closely, can i get a review on bryant nelson and Andres Torres? Are they call up\stake borchard thru the heart worthy?

The Tom
08-02-2004, 11:30 AM
I also wonder about Bryant Nelson. Our offense is in dire need of hitting without Frank and Maggs. What is the problem with giving Nelson a shot at second. He's hitting over 300 and has 20 bombs. That would allow us to platoon Uribe and Valentin at short (even Valentin admits he shouldn't be start against lefties) and see if Nelson can do the job at second. Is there a problem with this? Why aren't very many people high on Nelson?

gosox41
08-02-2004, 12:41 PM
I also wonder about Bryant Nelson. Our offense is in dire need of hitting without Frank and Maggs. What is the problem with giving Nelson a shot at second. He's hitting over 300 and has 20 bombs. That would allow us to platoon Uribe and Valentin at short (even Valentin admits he shouldn't be start against lefties) and see if Nelson can do the job at second. Is there a problem with this? Why aren't very many people high on Nelson?
I know Nelson is old for a minor leaguer. I've neve seen the guy play. But my point is age hasn't stopped the Sox from using Ross Gload and carrying a third catcher in Jamie Burke. Those guys have gone from prospects to suspects. Why stop now? Are we winning too many games with what we have?

Bob