PDA

View Full Version : WHO instead of Borchard

StockdaleForVeep
08-02-2004, 04:01 AM
Who else is on the 40 man roster that can play instead of Borch? Dransfeldt(wow i spelt that right on first try) has been up and shown some skill, i dont know who we can call up but is the main reason Borch is up because he's had "some" prior major league exp? Esp when we expand the rosters, who will we call up to fill\give time? Id def like to see bryant nelson(who leads our club in hits) or Andres Torres who leads our team in sbs. I mean, any of these guys would seem as a better choice than Borch, but im not certain as to the 40 man roster limitation we have currently, it was posted a while back as to why we dont call wunsch up.

jabrch
08-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Id def like to see bryant nelson(who leads our club in hits) or Andres Torres who leads our team in sbs. I mean, any of these guys would seem as a better choice than Borch, but im not certain as to the 40 man roster limitation we have currently, it was posted a while back as to why we dont call wunsch up.
You think Nelson or Torres would outperform Borchard today? I don't think I can draw that same conclusion. I know he has struggled lately, but I don't know that Torres or Nelson are better options. Lets see the next 10 games where Borchard gets ABs vs Elarton, Tadano, May, Anderson, Gobble, Reyes, Wood and Greinke. That shoiuld be a good time to figure out what it is that we have in Joe.

I am disappointed that we didn't get Burnitz. He would fit in really really nicely.

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
08-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Yeah I am not very confident in Borchard's major league ability. Everyone says he was doing outstanding at AAA, but he was only batting like .262 or something, which is not good in my mind especially at AAA. I think right now I would rather have timo or glaud in right.