PDA

View Full Version : Bill Melton should be in the TV booth

BainesHOF
08-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Unlike the team, Melton has improved every year to the point that he now provides the most insight of any of our broadcasters. It's time to reward him, along with us fans, and put him in the TV booth.

misty60481
08-02-2004, 08:45 AM
I agree Melton would make great addition to TV

joeynach
08-02-2004, 09:01 AM
I agree Melton would make great addition to TV
DJ smoked mad weed, Melty doesn't. Therefore Melty should be in the booth.

JoseCanseco6969
08-02-2004, 02:51 PM
I think Melton would be much better than DJ, even though fiesty has improved slightly.

jackbrohamer
08-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Melton's turned into an excellent analyst, & is not a complete homer like the Hawk is now. I'd much rather listen to him than DJ or Farmer.

HITMEN OF 77
08-02-2004, 06:57 PM
DJ smoked mad weed, Melty doesn't. Therefore Melty should be in the booth.
Melton grew up in he late 60's and early 70's, don't think he smoked weed? I feel Melty and Hawk woudl butt heads in the booth. I love Melton, but I liek DJ as Hawks sideman.

owensmouth
08-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Like the ad says, Melton's got a perfect face for radio

DVsoxfan
08-02-2004, 07:54 PM
If you ever want a good laugh just tune in when DJ temporarily does play-by-play. Sometimes Hawk leaves the booth, or just plain stops talking. When this happens DJ takes the reigns. Its a painful experience. Bring on the Beltin' one.

Brian26
08-02-2004, 08:10 PM
If you ever want a good laugh just tune in when DJ temporarily does play-by-play. Sometimes Hawk leaves the booth, or just plain stops talking. When this happens DJ takes the reigns. Its a painful experience. Bring on the Beltin' one.
Would Melty do any better? Paciorek used to sound like a goof when Hawk would disappear for an inning while he was out smoking or taking a leak. Doing one-man play-by-play is an art that not many guys have mastered except for Vin Scully and a few select others.

DickAllen72
08-02-2004, 08:41 PM
I think Melton would be much better than DJ, even though fiesty has improved slightly.

I'd like to see DJ and Melton switch jobs. I like DJ--seems like a heck of a nice guy, but to me he seems a little intimidated by Hawk (I like Hawk too). Keep DJ around as a pre-and-post-game analyst.

Melton would be an excellent color man and I don't think he would be intimidated by Hawk. I think they'd get along fine but I think they would disagree on some points and neither would back down, which would make for very interesting and intelligent baseball discussions.

Plus Beltin' Bill provides a link to those '70's Sox that a lot of us forty-somethings grew up with.

Ken
08-02-2004, 11:04 PM
I actually think that Moose and Minnie would be an improvement over the idiotic comedy team that we are stuck with in the radio booth! I just want to listen to the baseball game and I can't get past all of their lame takeoffs on player names, promotional spots, etc. Does anyone think that their stupid jokes are genuinely funny (besides both of them obviously)??

Brian26
08-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Does anyone think that their stupid jokes are genuinely funny (besides both of them obviously)??:farmer

"The accounts and descriptions of this game may not be"

:rooney

"disseminated"

:farmer

"without the express written consent of the Chicago White Sox Baseball Club and Major League Baseball."

doublem23
08-02-2004, 11:37 PM
I like DJ and Hawk as partners on TV. I'd rather see Melton replace Farmer and have him do the games on radio with Rooney.

HomeFish
08-02-2004, 11:42 PM
I actually think that Moose and Minnie would be an improvement over the idiotic comedy team that we are stuck with in the radio booth! I just want to listen to the baseball game and I can't get past all of their lame takeoffs on player names, promotional spots, etc. Does anyone think that their stupid jokes are genuinely funny (besides both of them obviously)??

*raises hand*

Farmer and Rooney amuse me to no end. Perhaps not in the way they intend to , but I love them still. If they (especially Farmer) ever leave, I will :whiner: :whiner: and :whiner: .