PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rowand, I apologize

ondafarm
08-01-2004, 08:37 PM
During this past off-season I had said that you were a .260 career hitter and would never amount to much. I see that regular playing time has improved your batting and that your center field defense is now solid, not stellar, not gold glove but not a liability. You're not a star but you are better than expected. Apologies as well to all those posters here who disagreed with me.

Erik The Red
08-01-2004, 08:43 PM
During this past off-season I had said that you were a .260 career hitter and would never amount to much. I see that regular playing time has improved your batting and that your center field defense is now solid, not stellar, not gold glove but not a liability. You're not a star but you are better than expected. Apologies as well to all those posters here who disagreed with me.He's shown flashes of brilliance within the last couple years, but during spring training, I heard interviews with several different players, who when asked which player would surprise everyone in 2004, replied "Aaron Rowand". I'm convinced that finally getting the regular playing time has put him over the top. He should be our everyday starting centerfielder, right now and for years to come.

idseer
08-01-2004, 08:50 PM
During this past off-season I had said that you were a .260 career hitter and would never amount to much. I see that regular playing time has improved your batting and that your center field defense is now solid, not stellar, not gold glove but not a liability. You're not a star but you are better than expected. Apologies as well to all those posters here who disagreed with me.
welcome to the foc. :)

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2004, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I've also been one who couldn't find a reason to get on the Rowand bandwagon, but he's been one of the only guys who have been solid through all this. His defense has been better than I expected, and he's hitting well. I'm officially off his back.

skobabe8
08-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I've also been one who couldn't find a reason to get on the Rowand bandwagon, but he's been one of the only guys who have been solid through all this. His defense has been better than I expected, and he's hitting well. I'm officially off his back.
:rowand "I feel 20 pounds lighter all of a sudden!"

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
08-02-2004, 07:48 AM
Yes I would keep Aaron Rowand for a long time. I think he is as good a player as we need in a center fielder. Plus he is batting over .300 now which is awesome, especially after how low his average was at the beginning of the year.

ode to veeck
08-02-2004, 03:40 PM
The FOC club is growing every day ...

nitetrain8601
08-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Add me to the club. I never was on his back, but I never was on his bandwagon either.

habibharu
08-02-2004, 03:48 PM
man i am so glad that he is finally living up to this potential! he is the kind of guy that this city would love! tough, always willing to give up his body to make a catch, just goes out and does his job, fan friendly and a HUGE Bears fan!

Foulke You
08-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Add me to the FOC club. I was at Aaron Rowand's White Sox debut back in 2000 and he really impressed me with his hustle and speed. Admittedly, during the last couple years, I started wondering if this guy was ever going to put it together. He seems to be proving me and a lot of other people wrong and I happily say that I was wrong about Rowand. He has been arguably our most consistant hitter in the last month and he is probably our best base stealer despite not being the fastest guy on the team.

Erik The Red
08-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Pardon my newness, but what exactly is the FOC club?

Deadguy
08-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Aaron is the hard working, blue-collar type of player that we should all get behind and support. It's nice to see all that hard work in the off season paid off for him.

Deadguy
08-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Pardon my newness, but what exactly is the FOC club?
Fans of Crash

Erik The Red
08-02-2004, 04:36 PM
ahh, cool

Hangar18
08-02-2004, 04:39 PM
I never understood why everyone was down on him.

FarWestChicago
08-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Fans of Crash"Friends of Crash (http://www.flyingsock.com/glossary/index.php?a=term&d=1&t=152)". The FO designation began with "Friends of Buddy Lee" (http://www.flyingsock.com/glossary/index.php?a=term&d=1&t=139) and stands for "Friends Of".

idseer
08-02-2004, 05:20 PM
"Friends of Crash (http://www.flyingsock.com/glossary/index.php?a=term&d=1&t=152)". The FO designation began with "Friends of Buddy Lee" (http://www.flyingsock.com/glossary/index.php?a=term&d=1&t=139) and stands for "Friends Of".and i could never remember who the heck buddy lee is! :dunno:

EDIT: ok, i guess i could have clicked the red underlined thingie. :rolleyes:

the crash comes, i assume, from the fact he crashes into walls, correct? i mean he was called this before his cycle accident wasn't he?