PDA

View Full Version : Say what????????

Fenway
08-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Am I reading this right

The Cubs are licensed scalpers for their own tickets???????

cripes dont give the Red Sox any more ideas!!!!!!!!

http://www.wrigleyfieldpremium.com/about_us.html (http://www.wrigleyfieldpremium.com/about_us.html)

Wrigley Field Premium Ticket Services, Inc. is a licensed Illinois ticket broker that purchases tickets from the Chicago Cubs for resale. Both Premium and the Cubs are owned by Tribune Company.

MRKARNO
08-01-2004, 09:02 PM
You are most definately reading that right. You wonder why we call the tribune and the Cubs so shady and then you see stuff like this and wonder why others dont either.

Dub25
08-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Hey, they are the greatest fans in the world because they don't mind the trib co. ripping them off.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-01-2004, 09:10 PM
In other fairytales beyond the looking glass world of the Cubune, the head of Urinal stadium maintenance resigned his position last Friday. However the Cubune baseball division claimed this resignation had nothing to do with the concrete projectiles falling onto lower deck patrons. Naturally the Cubune's newspaper division reported their sister division's version of the story verbatim. Ace Cubune reporter Gary Washburn mentioned no attempt to contact the guy who resigned. I mean, why even bother right?

Imagine if George Steinbrenner owned the Boston Globe, plus a top local TV channel and radio station. Then you can get an idea what we Sox Fans put up with day in and day out from our own hometown media.

SoxFan76
08-01-2004, 09:26 PM
In other fairytales beyond the looking glass world of the Cubune, the head of Urinal stadium maintenance resigned his position last Friday. However the Cubune baseball division claimed this resignation had nothing to do with the concrete projectiles falling onto lower deck patrons. Naturally the Cubune's newspaper division reported their sister division's version of the story verbatim. Ace Cubune reporter Gary Washburn mentioned no attempt to contact the guy who resigned. I mean, why even bother right?

Imagine if George Steinbrenner owned the Boston Globe, plus a top local TV channel and radio station. Then you can get an idea what we Sox Fans put up with day in and day out from our own hometown media.
It boggles my mind that in our own city, they bad mouth another Chicago team. I mean, shouldn't they spend more time insulting the Astros and Cardinals?

JB98
08-02-2004, 12:22 AM
It boggles my mind that in our own city, they bad mouth another Chicago team. I mean, shouldn't they spend more time insulting the Astros and Cardinals?
I'm just wondering when the Chicago papers will give us any sort of update on the progress of Maggs and Frank. Both of those men have accomplished more in this game than Mark Prior ever has, yet they gave daily updates when Prior was on the shelf. We can't even get weekly updates on our injury stars.

Soxaholic
08-02-2004, 12:43 AM
The whole broker thing cracks me up. Everyone knows its a scam, but the Tribune still plays it out like there is nothing wrong. I never knew that Wrigley Field held on to the tickets that the broker sold at the Will Call window. I thought these tickets were purchased by the Premium Ticket Services and are suppossed to be seperate from the Cubs but owned by the Tribune Co. I guess the Cubs are just being nice and making it less hastle for the fans to get their scalped tickets from a company that has nothing to do with the Cubs.

34rancher
08-02-2004, 10:09 AM
Well at least I see now why the government didn't do anything about it.
http://www.wrigleyfieldpremium.com/sales.html

The city gets to tax the higher ticket prices at 7%. I guess that is what makes it "liscensed" and "legal". No wonder the judge voted it ok. This is such a joke. Baseball has become such a sham.

The total paid for your tickets, less a 10% service fee, will be refunded to you in the form of a check.

MUST BE FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE OF THE TICKET!

Jerko
08-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Yeah, they're scalping their own fans fenway. They are also screwing MLB out of some revenue IIRC but they already won their court case. If you have time, go to suntimes.com and under "sports" click on Greg Couch. You may have to go back a ways, but he covered that story excellently. Also IIRC, what the Cubs do is sell their tickets to the Premium ticket agency at face value, report the percentage to MLB that they are supposed to from those sales, and turn around and scalp them, pocketing the difference. Pretty slick, huh? The height of that scam was last year when the Yankees came to "beautiful" Wrigley.