PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Crede sat.

Jurr
08-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Man...I know that Crede has a good glove and all, but see what we can accomplish if we let him sit for a while? Uribe and Harris aren't studs by any stretch, but they do have speed. They can get a bunt down and run if anything else. When Crede slumps, there's just no chance for anything. Plus, Uribe's glove is not bad at the corner. I'd run this horse for a little while, and let Joe decide if he wants to be in that cage as much as Rowand does to get better. See, hard work pays off. I'm happy for #33

JB98
08-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Man...I know that Crede has a good glove and all, but see what we can accomplish if we let him sit for a while? Uribe and Harris aren't studs by any stretch, but they do have speed. They can get a bunt down and run if anything else. When Crede slumps, there's just no chance for anything. Plus, Uribe's glove is not bad at the corner. I'd run this horse for a little while, and let Joe decide if he wants to be in that cage as much as Rowand does to get better. See, hard work pays off. I'm happy for #33
Willie can get a bunt down and run? I haven't seen evidence of that lately. He either strikes out or walks. I think he's too worried about his OBP. He's looking for walks and has lost his aggressiveness at the plate and on the bases. That's why I really wanted Hairston from Baltimore. We have a gaping hole at 2B right now.

As for Uribe, he's just as big a dunce as Crede is. That bunt in the second inning was an embarrassingly stupid decision. Uribe is fortunate that Davis homered. If Ben doesn't get that big hit, this board would be going postal on Uribe right now.

Lip Man 1
08-01-2004, 10:21 PM
"Jose (Valentin) is in a slump, Willie (Harris) is in a slump, (Juan) Uribe is in a slump, Crede is in a slump, I don't have many choices." --Ozzie Guillen to Joe Cowley Daily Southtown.

Lip

pearso66
08-02-2004, 12:40 AM
I have to admit, Uribe's bunt was a horrible decision. Konerko was not scoring on that. And I can say 1 thing about Crede. If he gets on, he's not getting caught stealing, cuz he isnt going. We could have potentially ran ourselves out of this game. Luckily the long ball was in today.