PDA

View Full Version : Last Comment on E Lo

owensmouth
08-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Now that he's gone, let's remember one thing: He won 30 games for us in a little over a year and a half. It's been a while since anyone else has done that for our Sox.

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Now that he's gone, let's remember one thing: He won 30 games for us in a little over a year and a half. It's been a while since anyone else has done that for our Sox.
He had a career year last year, and he's had alot of run support this year. I don't really like the whole win/loss record being the measure of a pitcher's ability. Unless the guy comes out there every time out and gives up no more than 2 or 3 runs, the wins mean nothing. Anyone can win a game when they have run support, and Loaiza's wins this year have been reflecting that, save for 1 or 2 where he actually threw really well.

And you seem to be forgetting that Buehrle won 33 games for us over 2002-2003, and that was with a realllly crappy first half with 9 straight losses. And up to this point in the season, Buehrle has had 24 wins since last season. Don't forget we now have Garcia who is a far better pitcher than Loaiza in all respects, and I think Contreras will be a great addition to our rotation. Also, don't forget Buehrle is 25 years old, and Loaiza is 32. Buehrle has alot more potential to do well for us and he's proven he's one of our best pitchers since Jack McDowell.

Region Sox
08-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Hopefully he gets a ring since we won't be playing it will be nice to have a player to root for.:angry:

RedPinStripes
08-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Loaiza had his best year he's ever going to have with the Sox. He did a lot for this team but is very over rated. He seems to back to his old self. An average pitcher. I'm not trying to knock the guy. I'll mis him, but this gives the Sox a nice 1-3 for the next few years.

TomParrish79
08-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Loaiza helped this team out alot over the last two years. Good luck to him the rest of the season.

nitetrain8601
08-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Loaiza helped this team out alot over the last two years. Good luck to him the rest of the season.
1 year

fquaye149
08-01-2004, 03:39 PM

umm. . .buehrle?

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 03:53 PM
umm. . .buehrle?
Does no one read posts around here? http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=466214&postcount=2

jabrch
08-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Hopefully he gets a ring since we won't be playing it will be nice to have a player to root for.:angry:
Do you cheer for other teams when you come to Comiskey?

Hint: The season is not quite over yet.

nasox
08-01-2004, 04:39 PM

Hint: He is a :dtroll:

Region Sox
08-01-2004, 04:46 PM

I cheer for the Sox at Comiskey but have a quick trigger on my "boo" button when they play like they have most of July.

I really hate the Cubs so I will be cheering against them regardless. Last year in the NLCS I think I cheered more against them then I had for the Sox. I was biting my nails nervous. I was a rabid Sox fan April-July 4. I had to tone it down a little bit- I was letting losses ruin my nights and weekends. THat Cubs game on the 4th of July kind of took it out of me. It hurt.

I am not naive enough to think this team could make the playoffs. SO in a worst case I would like to see Loazia, one of my favorites, do well.

owensmouth
08-01-2004, 04:52 PM
umm. . .buehrle?
ummm close...

HomeFish
08-01-2004, 05:12 PM
One day, when I have a tad more money, I will go down to Grandstand and get myself a 2003 Esteban Loaiza throwback jersey.

He wasn't here long, but he gave me a player to cheer for and believe in; he gave me something to be optimistic about. He will always be remembered in my heart.

Go get yourself the ring you deserve, E-Lo. It's a shame you couldn't do it here.