Brian26
08-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Big win. 4.5 games out. Go Carmines!!!!

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Yes! We Won!

voodoochile
08-01-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't think a single 2-run victory over a team that lost 119 games last year has ever felt so sweet...

Now excuse me while I dance...:supernana:

Nard
08-01-2004, 02:41 PM
It's not exactly ending the streak with a bang, but I'll take it.

10 game win streak started today.

On another note, why was Freddy that furious? I can understand being angry but I didn't know he was that kind of a hothead in the dugout. I hope it's a one-time thing.

Erik The Red
08-01-2004, 02:43 PM
^ I was out hanging with my little bro, didn't come in until the 8th. What happened? What did he get so ticked about?

skobabe8
I <3 AUGUST!!!:)

BigEdWalsh
YAAAY!!! It's over! Back on the winning track! :D: Haven't seen these guys in awhile......:supernana: :bandance: :supernana:
:) :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
Just imagine if we'd had decent hitting and/or fielding the last week...

Still, I'll take this. We ain't dead yet.

Blob
Thank you!! Finally! I'll take it anyway it comes right now!!

Ben Davis! Today, you rule!! Aaron, nice pick up after the error!!!

:winner

npdempse
08-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Praise to the baseball gods.

I kind of liked the Paulie as DH thing today. Would it make sense to leave him there and Gload at 1st when Carl is healthy? Or am I just overenamored of Gload--those coupla picks he made today looked outstanding.

Erik The Red
08-01-2004, 02:44 PM
And now for a MUCH NEEDED day off.

Blob
08-01-2004, 02:46 PM
^ I was out hanging with my little bro, didn't come in until the 8th. What happened? What did he get so ticked about?could have been one of three things...that I can think of...

1) He was mad at Aaron for making the error (which I doubt)
2) Because he gave up the hit after the error
3) He did not want to leave the game or wanted the complete game

I'm not sure.

oeo
Much earned win for Freddy, a save from Shingo, and a end to a losing streak.

WOOHOO!

:bandance::supernana::bandance:

PaleHoseGeorge
We're a perfect 1-0 for August!

And we get to savor this one for two whole days because the Sox are off tomorrow!

:bandance: :bandance:

:wills
"Sox Fans, put away the razor blades and cutlery. Our Sox won!"

Evman5
Praise to the baseball gods.

I kind of liked the Paulie as DH thing today. Would it make sense to leave him there and Gload at 1st when Carl is healthy? Or am I just overenamored of Gload--those coupla picks he made today looked outstanding.
He also gives us a first basemen with a chance to catch foul balls haha. Paulie is still running for those balls that go out of play while GLoad is standing at the railings waiting to see if he has a chance.

BigEdWalsh
08-01-2004, 02:47 PM
^ I was out hanging with my little bro, didn't come in until the 8th. What happened? What did he get so ticked about?
1st guy up in the inning hit what should have been a pretty routine liner to Rowand but he started back, had to come in and didn't catch it. Then there was a kinda lucky hop single. I think Freddy was just sorta mad in general. I like to see that kind of passion (:angry: )!!

GO SOX!!! Red Sox too....beat those Twinkies!

owensmouth
08-01-2004, 02:47 PM
I am happy to be done with July. Blasting Benjamin has earned another start. Aaron shocked the Tiger announcers (425 feet). As a leadoff hitter, he's close to .400.

Evman5
08-01-2004, 02:48 PM
could have been one of three things...

1) He was mad at Aaron for making the error (which I doubt)
2) Because he gave up the hit after the error
3) He did not want to leave the game or wanted the complete game

I'm not sure.
I think he coulda just been mad Detroit was making a come back because he wants to win and be the stopper to this losing streak

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Now all we have to do is take the Royal's Series and well be back in! :bandance: :dtroll:

minastirith67
08-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Has any team ever won all of the games in a single calendar month?

Evman5
Blasting Benjamin
That has a nice ring to it.

TomParrish79
Glad the streak is over, we really need to play well against the Royals and get some of those wins back that we lost during the last week.

StrTrkker
08-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Oh Yes.....Finally!!! :bandance:

The positives...Great pitching by Garcia and nice hitting by Rowand, Konerko & Ben Davis.

The negatives...3 caught stealing. Uribe & Harris doing nothing (again) and Carlos Lee swinging on the 1st pitch for 3 easy outs during the game.

Overall...a good win now lets get 'em in August and get back to 1st place.

Nick@Nite
08-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Winning today allows me to watch BBTN, tonight.

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-01-2004, 02:51 PM
It's so nice to see them win. Freddy Garcia proves that he's worth the $$$ and prospects. He's a stopper for us. Thanks KW for getting him

Erik The Red
08-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Has any team ever won all of the games in a single calendar month? October would be the only month that I think that has ever happened. Granted there's only 1-3 reg. season games in that month though :smile:

I doubt it has ever happened in a full month of baseball, though, as the record winning streak is something like 21 games, IIRC.

losingugly2004
08-01-2004, 02:55 PM
That was a tough 8th inning. I wasn't sure whether to have Shingo step in or call in a local priest to exercise those "demons" that have been causing our team to self-destruct. It shouldn't have surprised me that Detroit's official scorer did not list Rowand's butchered play as an error. Thank God he made up for it in the 9th, and thank Buddha for another fine performance from Shingo. :D:

oeo
08-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Who cares? Lets just take this one win at a time and not get too greedy as fans.

npdempse
08-01-2004, 02:59 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this particular neurosis. :?:

Evman5
08-01-2004, 03:00 PM
That away Boston, take care of those Twinkies PLEASE!

btw

Wills is saying Frank will be re-evaluated by team docs after the KC series.

Jjav829
08-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Now that's a win! I'm still a bit worried about Marte. I'm Glad to see Freddy get the win, he deserved it. It's so nice to have a closer that doesn't allow a leadoff walk to derail him. If that was Koch, he'd have given up a 2-run bomb and then a solo shot and we would have lost. But not Shingo! :bandance:

Now where's that thread about the Ben Davis fan club? :smile: Ok, I won't go that far. I still want Kendall.

BearSox
08-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Now that's a win! I'm still a bit worried about Marte. I'm Glad to see Freddy get the win, he deserved it. It's so nice to have a closer that doesn't allow a leadoff walk to derail him. If that was Koch, he'd have given up a 2-run bomb and then a solo shot and we would have lost. But not Shingo! :bandance:

Now where's that thread about the Ben Davis fan club? :smile: Ok, I won't go that far. I still want Kendall.
Kendall might not be out of the picture still. If this team does start showing life like today mabye Kenny will make a move and get him through a waivers trade. His high salary should definately allow him to clear waivers easily.

StepsInSC
08-01-2004, 03:21 PM
You, sir, just proved the last line of my sig. :smile:

South Side
08-01-2004, 03:38 PM

The same for me, minus the teal.

Flight #24
08-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Nice move BoSox....their new acquisition, supposedly a great fielding SS, commits a key error in the 8th allowing 2 runs to score on a sac fly of all things. Twinks win 4-3, Sox still 5 back.

We need to beat KC and get some help from Anaheim. Hopefully Contreras can get us off to a nice start.

South Side
08-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Nice move BoSox....their new acquisition, supposedly a great fielding SS, commits a key error in the 8th allowing 2 runs to score on a sac fly of all things. Twinks win 4-3, Sox still 5 back.

We need to beat KC and get some help from Anaheim. Hopefully Contreras can get us off to a nice start.
Damn... Noone said it would be easy.

samram
08-01-2004, 03:42 PM

Well, if Cabrera and Mientkiewicz can't at least catch the ball, that trade is going to be a real disaster for them.

skobabe8
08-01-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this particular neurosis. :?:

Me too...When they win I sit through the whole show to get to those 5 seconds of highlights. When they lose, I dont care to.

Willsy say any more on Frank?

CWSGuy406
08-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Me too...When they win I sit through the whole show to get to those 5 seconds of highlights. When they lose, I dont care to.

Willsy say any more on Frank?
Add me to this small group as well - Sox win, BBTN will be on the tube tonight. Sox lose, no radio, just NCAA 2005...

Flight #24
08-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Well, if Cabrera and Mientkiewicz can't at least catch the ball, that trade is going to be a real disaster for them.
And just to add insult to injury, Nomar comes through with a big RBI for the Chubs, then the Phillies load the bases with nobody out.....and don't score. Guess it's not just us who can do that....

JB98
08-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Damn... Noone said it would be easy.
The Royals are working on blowing a 7-2 lead vs. the Tribe too. It is now 7-6 in the eighth. If you are looking for a silver lining as far as the standings go, Texas lost and we are within 3.5 in the wild-card race.

Damn those Red Sox. They just made a trade that is not only going to destroy their season, but they also resurrected a dead North Side team. If Theo Epstein were sitting next to me, I'd murder him.

kraut83
08-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Damn those Red Sox. They just made a trade that is not only going to destroy their season, but they also resurrected a dead North Side team.
I think we can all overlook this if it makes Boston worse & helps us make the playoffs!

cbrownson13
08-01-2004, 04:00 PM
If you are looking for a silver lining as far as the standings go, Texas lost and we are within 3.5 in the wild-card race.

Yeah, I was just checking that out too. The Wild Card could be a possibility. We play Boston 6 times in, Anaheim 3, and Texas 4. Those games could wind up being bigger games than expected.

Corlose 15
08-01-2004, 04:17 PM
I am happy to be done with July. Blasting Benjamin has earned another start. Aaron shocked the Tiger announcers (425 feet). As a leadoff hitter, he's close to .400.
Just one problem with that nickname. His name isn't Benjamin, its Mark Christopher Davis. How he goes by Ben I don't know.

flo-B-flo
08-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Winning today allows me to watch BBTN, tonight. I'm the same way. We lose I don't watch. Then I watch the 2-3 replays and continue the surf.:rolleyes:

Frankfan4life
08-01-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this particular neurosis. :?:Me too. Although, I still may not watch it today because the Twinks and Cubs won too (and Nomah got an rbi hit). I've got it pretty bad. :redface:

But I will be savoring this win tonight and tomorrow. I finally have a sense of peace and contentment I haven't known for a while.

minastirith67
08-01-2004, 05:09 PM
You, sir, just proved the last line of my sig. :smile:

Guilty as charged, though I'd rather not have it that way. Can't stop the truth...

kcsportscaster
08-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Finallly a win!!!! Garcia did his usual fine job, the offense FINALLY came through, and Shingo, who STILL should have pitched the tenth last night, finished off the Tigers, FINALLY!!!! DA SOX may be five games back after the Red Sox gave the game to the Twinkies today, but there is still more than enough time to catch and pass them again. I know I'll enjoy the off day tomorrow a bit better. Then, CONTINUE THE MOMENTUM AND CRUSH THE ROYALS!!!!

starboy0
08-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Hallelujah for that win! Last week Bonderman thrown out in the 2nd inning, this week injury forces him out in the 2nd inning. In between, Sox lose all games. We had been hijacked into alternate reality where it was not the Sox playing but the bizarro Sox.

Now we return to where we should have left off to begin with. Now we go on a tear!

South Side
08-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Hallelujah for that win! Last week Bonderman thrown out in the 2nd inning, this week injury forces him out in the 2nd inning. In between, Sox lose all games. We had been hijacked into alternate reality where it was not the Sox playing but the bizarro Sox.

Now we return to where we should have left off to begin with. Now we go on a tear!
So, if we go on a winning streak and we get back to within one or 2 games of the Twins, can we just pretend this past week never happened?

MisterB
08-02-2004, 02:45 AM
Just one problem with that nickname. His name isn't Benjamin, its Mark Christopher Davis. How he goes by Ben I don't know.
It's the pants, man...

http://humboldt.edu/~hsumlj/uniform/bendavis.jpg