PDA

View Full Version : Nomar who?

Fenway
08-01-2004, 01:31 PM
First AB
1stOrlando Cabrera (5) solo shot to left center off Santana.

OurBitchinMinny
08-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Cabrera is a hell of a talent. Its not like you got agonzalez. BTW Nomar 1st AB 5-4-3 DP

Fenway
08-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Cabrera is a hell of a talent. Its not like you got agonzalez. BTW Nomar 1st AB 5-4-3 DP
meanwhile

www.bostondirtdogs.com (http://www.bostondirtdogs.com)

Multiple sources have confirmed to Boston Dirt Dogs that former Red Sox shortstop Nomar Garciaparra went to see Red Sox trainers Jim Rowe and Chris Correnti four days ago and informed them that his tendonitis "was bothering him" and he would not be able to play in the crucial series in Minnesota. Garciaparra then added "I'll probably have to go on the DL in August to be ready for the end of the year."

After a full examination of Garciaparra's heel, the trainers concluded that Nomar was indeed fit to play, telling the disgruntled shortstop that the heel "looks fine to us."

Nomar then sat out Friday's game in Minnesota. On Saturday, when the trade opportunity with the Chicago Cubs heated back up, Red Sox CEO Larry Lucchino approached Nomar Garciaparra and informed him that there was a strong possibility that he would be moved to the Cubs by the 4:00pm deadline in the spirit of full disclosure. Lucchino then asked Garciaparra how his Achilles' injury was doing. Nomar replied "It's fine now."
CBS4 confirms report

IF this is true Selig has to suspend him

Viva Magglio
08-01-2004, 01:54 PM
meanwhile

www.bostondirtdogs.com (http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/)

CBS4 confirms report

:tool
"What???"

Nick@Nite
08-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Mr. Hamm is a pantie waste, per my good friend Scooter who is a born and raised Connecticut Red Sox fan.

HomeFish
08-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Nomar finally showed up...Phillies are down 3-6. :whiner: :whiner:

Flight #24
08-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah - and nice E on Cabrera to let in a 2d run ON A SAC FLY......Twinks up 4-3.

samram
08-01-2004, 03:45 PM
meanwhile

www.bostondirtdogs.com (http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/)

CBS4 confirms report

Why? I don't think you can be suspended for being a weasel. The Red Sox probably could have suspended him, but I don't see what MLB can do.

South Side
08-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Wow... Phillies had bases loaded with no outs and they can't do anything. :rolleyes:

And oh yeah, are the idiot Scrubs fan honestly going to continue to call him Nomah? A guy outside of Wrigley had a sign saying We Got Nomaaaa It's Chicago! We don't talk like that... MORONS. :mad:

SoxFan76
08-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Wow... Phillies had bases loaded with no outs and they can't do anything. :rolleyes:

And oh yeah, are the idiot Scrubs fan honestly going to continue to call him Nomah? A guy outside of Wrigley had a sign saying We Got Nomaaaa It's Chicago! We don't talk like that... MORONS. :mad:
LOL, well most Cub fans aren't from Chicago. They are from either another state somewhere, the suburbs, or Iowa. Most Sox fans (mostly older ones) were born and raised in the city. I know my grandpa was, and he basically is the reason I'm a Sox fan.

Did the fact that Boston was going out of there way to dump Garciaparra ever cross Cub fans minds? They baffle me. I know the Yankees wanted to dump Contreras, but we gave them a crappy pitcher for Contreras. Cubs unloaded the farm system for this deal in which they get a player that was basically being shoved out the door in Boston.

MRKARNO
08-01-2004, 09:04 PM
meanwhile

www.bostondirtdogs.com (http://www.bostondirtdogs.com)

CBS4 confirms report

Clearly, Nomar is a class-act and a team guy. Not a "me" guy by any means

StockdaleForVeep
08-01-2004, 09:17 PM
So nomar leaves the al cursed franchise for the nl cursed franchise....meh, either way the yankees will beat em(both)

WSox8404
08-02-2004, 12:14 AM
So nomar leaves the al cursed franchise for the nl cursed franchise....meh, either way the yankees will beat em(both)
HaHa. I never thought of that. Man talk about bad luck. Ending up with the Red Sox then the Cubs.

thepaulbowski
08-02-2004, 07:18 AM
Oh yeah - and nice E on Cabrera to let in a 2d run ON A SAC FLY......Twinks up 4-3.
I can't believe they Cabrera the error on that play. Kapler missed the cutoff man and he was trying to run the ball down and was able to get all of his glove on it. The error should be against Kapler not Cabrera.