PDA

View Full Version : aaron update

idseer
08-01-2004, 01:28 PM
currently hitting .290 for the year against RIGHTIES!

not bad for a platoon player who's not supposed to hit righties, eh what?

:smile:

i think the cycle accident is fully behind him.

misty60481
08-01-2004, 01:33 PM
I think Aaron is MVP of SOX this year

OurBitchinMinny
08-01-2004, 01:34 PM
I think Aaron is MVP of SOX this year
yeah im gonna have to go with either lee or konerko. Most improved, but does he even have 30 rbis yet?

idseer
08-01-2004, 01:37 PM
yeah im gonna have to go with either lee or konerko. Most improved, but does he even have 30 rbis yet?
no, but then he's not an rbi guy either. he's been jerked all over the lineup, pinch hit for, sat out .......

anyway i wouldn't go so far as to call him our mvp either. i can think of 4 others in front of him in that dept.
i'm just appreciating him for what he's doing.

OurBitchinMinny
08-01-2004, 01:39 PM
no question he is the most improved, but konerko and clee have pretty much done it all year. rowand has done it since june

ok lee had a bad april

cbrownson13
08-01-2004, 01:39 PM
no, but then he's not an rbi guy either. he's been jerked all over the lineup, pinch hit for, sat out .......

anyway i wouldn't go so far as to call him our mvp either. i can think of 4 others in front of him in that dept.
i'm just appreciating him for what he's doing.
Agreed, we don't need him to be our MVP. We need him to get on base, make things happen, and play defense and that's what he has been doing. He's a grinder.

skobabe8
08-01-2004, 01:47 PM
I APPRECIATE AARON ROWAND. I dont appreciate juan uribe bunting with runners on first and third with 1 out.

OurBitchinMinny
08-01-2004, 01:49 PM
I APPRECIATE AARON ROWAND. I dont appreciate juan uribe bunting with runners on first and third with 1 out.
Im kind of tired of juan uribe all together. At least the bunt was a change from him trying to hit a 500 foot HR

skobabe8
08-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Im kind of tired of juan uribe all together. At least the bunt was a change from him trying to hit a 500 foot HR
I wish him and harris had to do 10 push-ups at home plate for every ball they hit in the air. They'd be some big dudes by now.

idseer
08-01-2004, 02:28 PM
add a hr in the ninth .... against a righty no less. :D:

Evman5
08-01-2004, 02:45 PM
I wish we had a team full of Rowands

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 02:52 PM
currently hitting .290 for the year against RIGHTIES!

not bad for a platoon player who's not supposed to hit righties, eh what?

:smile:

i think the cycle accident is fully behind him.

I'm loving it, to quote a McDonalad's slogan. Rowand is one of the few guys I EXPECT to hit when he comes up to the plate. He' quickly showing he's one of our best hitters, and he has power to boot. If his swing were any shorter he'd need a 5 foot long bat. 3-5 today with a nice cushion homerun. Can't ask this guy for any more.

And how about Ben Davis! Time to start a Ben Davis is a god thread.

Jjav829
08-01-2004, 02:55 PM
He entered today with a 1.106 OPS (.426 OBP) in 50 at-bats as a leadoff hitter. There's no doubt he should be leading off every game that we face a lefty. But if he keeps this up, he may very well just earn that leadoff spot for every game, barring a trade for Jason Kendall (or another leadoff hitter type).

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 03:00 PM
He entered today with a 1.106 OPS (.426 OBP) in 50 at-bats as a leadoff hitter. There's no doubt he should be leading off every game that we face a lefty. But if he keeps this up, he may very well just earn that leadoff spot for every game, barring a trade for Jason Kendall (or another leadoff hitter type).
I don't even see the need for a new leadoff guy. Rowand is IT. He's hitting something like .360 in the 1 spot, and .357 in the 2 spot. He obviously enjoyed hitting at the top of the lineup, and does a GREAT job at it. There's no point in putting willie up there or anyone else, because Rowand is getting the job done there.

Evman5
08-01-2004, 03:07 PM
I don't even see the need for a new leadoff guy. Rowand is IT. He's hitting something like .360 in the 1 spot, and .357 in the 2 spot. He obviously enjoyed hitting at the top of the lineup, and does a GREAT job at it. There's no point in putting willie up there or anyone else, because Rowand is getting the job done there.
I have no problem with him leading off for the rest of the year, but I think he is a perfect #2.

owensmouth
08-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Tell ya what I really like about Rowand. He gets two strikes on him and he just works harder. Timo, Willie, Uribe, Jose, they just seem to wilt. Aaron turns into a tougher hitter.

cburns
08-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Don't forget Rowand's ability to steal bases. He seems like he has pretty good instincts on the basepaths, and usually gets good jumps. On the other hand Willie Harris has no clue what he is doing and is just too scared to steal sometimes.

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 03:15 PM
I have no problem with him leading off for the rest of the year, but I think he is a perfect #2.
He is a perfect #2, but based on the fact that no one else is a good #1, we don't have much of a choice. Timo was hitting .347 or so at #2, and a Rowand-Timo 1-2 punch seems to be our best bet for the time being.

Evman5
08-01-2004, 03:24 PM
He is a perfect #2, but based on the fact that no one else is a good #1, we don't have much of a choice. Timo was hitting .347 or so at #2, and a Rowand-Timo 1-2 punch seems to be our best bet for the time being.
Thus as I said :smile: . I have no problem with Rowand leading off for the rest of the year. :wink:

harwar
08-01-2004, 03:27 PM
I was really hoping that KW could aquire Finley from the Dbacks and then Aaron could move over to right with finley in CF.I sure hope that KW is still trying to get some offense.

mealfred13
08-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Thus as I said :smile: . I have no problem with Rowand leading off for the rest of the year. :wink:
:D: