PDA

View Full Version : From The Cubs Board

soxwon
08-01-2004, 01:53 PM
went on the cub board today

here are some CUBISMS:

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Does anyone think today's WGN game will get better ratings than yesterdays White Sox/Tigers game? Hmmmm?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Honk honk, How can you have a bump without a honk, honk?

uh oh......my bad!
HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK FOR A SWEEP

What up, bro! Hope all is well in Florida. Saving the bullpen yesterday will be very beneficial. You're right about the "we were gonna come back" talk. That's was thrown around quite a bit last night.

I stay away from Sox trolls. They appear to have banned a couple of them, but as long as they stay out of our little "haven" I'll leave them alone. Break ground in this sacred thread and they'll feel the wrath of the HONK;)

Well, sadly this will be my only post until way after the game. I am taking the family to a festival and will watch the game on Tivo after we get back. Good luck with your trip, we're keeping the driver seat warm for you until your return. GO CUBS, let's get some early runs and never look back HONK, HONK!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy 4th everyone;)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

promise that we will give him plenty of food and water,bathe him twice a week and take our Nomar for a walk every day : )

In case you didn't know...that is a play on the Bostonian accent...and since we are Chicagoans, I think it sounds STUPID for us say his name that way.

My guess is there will be thousands of idiots in Wrigley working on their Bostonian accent.

His name is NOMAR....with and R...not and HHHHH

At last check it is still a free country..Who are you to tell anyone what to do? If you think it sounds stupid... Don't read it... it's simple

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

FROM A RED SOX FAN:Hey Cubs Fans,
I Just wanted to post something in regard to the whole "Nomar-Thing". I'm sure anything I say has already been said by others it's just I was a little too sad yesterday to post so... I hope I'm not just wasting space on your board I just wanted to write a little note to you guys... I am utterly heartbroken over losing Nomar but I will say that we could not have lost him to a better team. Aside from the Red Sox the Cubs are my favorite team and you guys are VERY deserving of having a player like Nomar. I know that he is going to a team in a great city with wonderful and loyal fans! I know you guys will embrace him and that makes this loss just a little easier to take. I think I'm correct in assuming that there is a lot of love between Sox and Cubs fans. Both fans are no stranger to heartbreak and loss and I think we also know that it's about a lot more than just winning.
I know that Nomar will bring something very special to your team and I am very happy for you guys. I wish you all the best of luck for the rest of this season and beyond.
*Here's Praying for a Sox/Cubs Ws*

Gotta love the Red Sox fans, yes we get along quite well...Wow! Lots of Sox fans have posted similar feelings. Nomar must be one of those special people that doesn't come along too often. Don't worry. The Cubs fans will take care of him and show their appreciation for the fine man he must be.

I have posted this on the Sox board and I'll post it here too. Thanks to digital cable I have been able to watch a lot of Sox games. My impression: a good team with a lot of intense fans.I am a Sox fan now too.
I'll try watching both games today. Both are likely to be pretty intense for the fans; especially as Maddux goes for the big one. A good think I have some beverages chilling!

And luvinmysox, as fans of the team from the north side like to say: the only good sox are the Redsox. Go for it, and get those Yankees.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

CARDINAL FAN"

From: soulardcard (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/dir-app/bbcard/profile.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&uid=443977858) Our turn to take over YOUR board now.
Wow! Here it is August 1st and the Cards are 66-37. 10 1/2 games up on the next team, who are only 6 games out of last place.
We didn't make any trades yesterday, cause we didn't have to, and our "closest" adversary, which is closer to the basement than they are to the Cards, traded for a broken down shortstop with a bad attitude. For God's sake, the BoSox didn't even want them.

Hey Cards fans. I have to go to Texas today for a few days, so be sure to keep this thread rolling. But also be sure to ignore those Cubs trolls that are likely to come on here and say mean-spirited things. :)

Envyous are we?

You better PRAY the Cubs some how don't make the playoffs......................but they will!!!!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

LOOKING TO THE FUTURE:CF Corey Patterson (L)
1B Derrek Lee (R)
RF Sammy Sosa (R)
LF Magglio Ordonez (R)
SS Nomar Garciaparra (R)
3B Aramis Ramirez (R)
2B Todd Walker (L)
C Michael Barrett (R)

SP Mark Prior
SP Kerry Wood
SP Carlos Zambrano
SP Matt Clement
SP Greg Maddux

O good Lord, yes please!

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-01-2004, 01:58 PM
LMAO:rolling:

They sound like MORONS..oh wait they ARE MORONS ahahahha

skobabe8
08-02-2004, 04:45 AM
:thankgod

Nuff said.

kjhanson
08-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Wait, the Cubs are re-signing Clement and Nomar AND signing Magglio? Wow. I have to give credit where credit's due. That's quite impressive. That should raise their payroll at least $35 million/year; money the Tribune Company does not have.

SoxFan76
08-02-2004, 08:15 PM
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: OH MY GOD!!! And they wonder why we make fun of them so much!!!! Thank God I'm a Sox fan.

OurBitchinMinny
08-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Magglio in LF? I forgot what defensive stalwart they have in RF already. Not to mention the fact that maggs knee injury might be degenerative and force him to DH

Hangar18
08-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Had to meet my cousin at a south side area bar to give him a ride.
We had a drink or two beforehand, and what conversation behind me
should catch my attention.

Group of cub fans discussing October & World Series Pitching Rotations.
Can you believe that? WORLD SERIES ROTATIONS?!!
I laughed loudly at them ..... telling them they NEVER learn ......(monkeys)
almost on cue, my cousin, who is the only cub fan in my family, calls me
Happy as a Clam, beside himself with giddiness. He acknowledged that
he ALSO couldnt believe they gave up NOTHING to acquire a "halloffamer to-be"
and "hes gonna be a cub for life". He mentioned their going to the World Series and that this is their year. I casually mentioned that they say that every year, that theyre a bunch of Buffoons ...........

SoxFan76
08-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Uh, isn't Nomar a half a year rental player for the Scrubbies? And I love how whenever they win, all the sudden they are going to be in the World Series. How many games are they out still? It's a lot more than the Sox, I know that.

Jerko
08-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Uh, isn't Nomar a half a year rental player for the Scrubbies? And I love how whenever they win, all the sudden they are going to be in the World Series. How many games are they out still? It's a lot more than the Sox, I know that.
They're only a game out of the WC and have no more games vs. St Louis, where the Padres and Giants (the 2 teams closest) have to not only play each other more, but the Dodgers as well. Hopefully they all have 19 games with Arizona coming up to make up for when the Flubs are playing the Louisville Reds and Toledo Pirates to finish the season.

Whitesox029
08-03-2004, 10:18 PM
ppppbbfffttttHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You've got to be kidding me! They think Nomar and Ordonez are going to sign with them? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nomar will be playing second base for the Yankees next year, and who knows about Ordonez, but I would think he's smart enough not to go over to the dark side.